Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,070 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

Skip and me both.

• DallasSaint likes this

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#22 jsb357

jsb357

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

stirring up controversy has been very profitable for Skip...

• charleshaleyfan likes this

#23 DallasSaint

DallasSaint

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TeXaS

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Kaepernick would be a great fit to back up Dakota here in  Dallas.  He would have all the tools he needs to be successful. He'd have a Great Oline. A Very Good Backfield.  A Very Good Wide Receiver Corp, with Very Good Tight Ends. And Stability in the Coaching Staff and Offensive System.  He'd fit in very good here with the team atmosphere and locker room leadership. 

#24 ItzKelz2

ItzKelz2

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,070 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

stirring up controversy has been very profitable for Skip...

Why is it controversy?  Seems like Skip is making a valid point.  Dallas has 3 QBs and Kap is better than 2 of them.  Sure he should be better than the undrafted rookie.....but Kellen wouldnt even make another squad if he was cut.

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#25 lordnate

lordnate

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:05 AM

I might be in the minority here, but I think teams shying away from Kaepernick have little to do with his protest. I mean, no one out of 32 teams will even sign him as a backup? This is the league that let a convicted felon, Michael Vick back into the league. The Eagles even gave Vick a starting job and a $100 million contract.

I think Kaepernick is selective of where he is going. I've heard that he's looking for a starting job. That probably rules out about 20 teams who feel set at QB already. Are there other considerations? Given his protest, is too conservative of a fan base an issue for him? Is he limiting his search for teams he feels he can win with? How much money is he asking for?

Going back to conservative teams, the Dallas Cowboys were wearing an "Arm & Arm" decal last training camp in support of Blue Lives Matter. The NFL did not allow them to wear it during games. This logo was something highly supported by Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, and Jason Witten. Does Kaepernick really want to come to Dallas? Would he clash with the culture of our team? Something tells me he might not be too interesting in playing in Texas.

• kskboys and mrsouthpaw like this

#26 star-ving

star-ving

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:40 AM

He'd be a good fit...in the military.
  • gamewatcher and meagin like this

#27 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

Skip Bayliss may want that but honestly, I don't see anyone in management clamoring for Kapp. He's been available all year, when did we bring him in for a tryout? Oh yeah, never. I think Kapp is going to be kneeling all season. He prolly belongs in Oakland with Lynch or Seattle where fans area little more liberal. Any where on the west coast actually, they tend to be more laid-back. Maybe even the CFL  ;)

• charleshaleyfan likes this

#28 charleshaleyfan

charleshaleyfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

I'd bring back you know who from the booth as #2 and give Cooper the #3 spot.  

agree that Oakland might be a good fit for Cap.

#29 charleshaleyfan

charleshaleyfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Cap & RGIII are cut from the same cloth.  Had great success early, but then struggled when D's caught on to their style.  Just don't believe he's the right fit for us or for many teams, based on his QB skills.

• kskboys likes this

#30 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,698 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

Classic Skipper trying to start a fire so he can have something to talk about. 

#31 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

I must have missed the day that we added Skip Bayless to our coaching staff. Which coaching job does he have?

#32 Pompey Cowboy

Pompey Cowboy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

Skip Bayless wants..     to shut up and go away.

#33 cowboyJohn

cowboyJohn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

I like Kap's game ok, and I really like him as a backup with his experience. But the distraction is just too much for the owners. I said it before, if he had chosen another way to make the same point, he would be playing the game he loves right now.

• atlantacowboy and Needmorerings like this

#34 jsb357

jsb357

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

Would CK work for veteran league minimum currently $775,000
as a backup QB?

If so there are at least 10 teams that would sign him tomorrow.

He's priced himself out of a job and using other excuses as to
why no one will hire him.
  • kskboys likes this

#35 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

I might be in the minority here, but I think teams shying away from Kaepernick have little to do with his protest. I mean, no one out of 32 teams will even sign him as a backup? This is the league that let a convicted felon, Michael Vick back into the league. The Eagles even gave Vick a starting job and a $100 million contract.

I think Kaepernick is selective of where he is going. I've heard that he's looking for a starting job. That probably rules out about 20 teams who feel set at QB already. Are there other considerations? Given his protest, is too conservative of a fan base an issue for him? Is he limiting his search for teams he feels he can win with? How much money is he asking for?

Going back to conservative teams, the Dallas Cowboys were wearing an "Arm & Arm" decal last training camp in support of Blue Lives Matter. The NFL did not allow them to wear it during games. This logo was something highly supported by Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, and Jason Witten. Does Kaepernick really want to come to Dallas? Would he clash with the culture of our team? Something tells me he might not be too interesting in playing in Texas.

Don't forget that when he opted out of the contract that was to pay him 17 mil this season, his agent announced that they were looking to sign for 10 mil/season.    That knocked him out of all teams' eyes.   

No team is going to sign a backup QB for 10 mil, and that's w/o the distractions!!!

• lordnate likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#36 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,134 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

...IMMHO...Kaep doesn't really deserve a spot on such an up and coming team like Dallas....maybe he should try Canada ! :D

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#37 McBax

McBax

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationMurrieta Hot Springs, CA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

Personnally I like him as the back up. I would wait with some of these suspensions clearing first but realistically probably wont happen

<p>cowboys.jpg?w=1000

Everthing is good in Dallas baby!!!!!

#38 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,910 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

Guess I'm going to have to start giving warnings for opening stuff in the wrong forum. We learned how to categorize in like 1st grade.

Was that directed at me? I would guess yes, since I got a warning, but it didn't seem anymore off kilter than many other posts here. Was it the dig at a certain group? Is that a no no? Thought it was Kaepernick related.

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#39 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Was that directed at me? I would guess yes, since I got a warning, but it didn't seem anymore off kilter than many other posts here. Was it the dig at a certain group? Is that a no no? Thought it was Kaepernick related.

Whomever opened the thread.   I really didn't look.

Kap is a FA.   Thus, a thread about him should go in the FA forum.   Kinda common sensical, wouldn't you say?  

As to your warning, didn't you bring up politics?  I don't remember.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#40 MaynardB

MaynardB

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationOklahoma backwoods

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

I want Skippy in Siberia and unless Kap can play DE,anywhere that's not here is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users