#41 jsb357

jsb357

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

From SI back in February on why CK left.

For starters, the 49ers owe Kap $14.5 million in guaranteed
money in 2017.

He won’t come close to commanding anything like that on the open market,
even if there are quarterback-needy teams out there.

#42 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

From SI back in February on why CK left.

For starters, the 49ers owe Kap $14.5 million in guaranteed
money in 2017.

He won’t come close to commanding anything like that on the open market,
even if there are quarterback-needy teams out there.

You sure?   Kappy had a player option to opt out, and he took it.    So, unless he's owed some prorated signing bonus money, which could easily be, I don't see how he's owed anything, as he took the option to opt out.  

• heathgs and atlantacowboy like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#43 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,698 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

You sure?   Kappy had a player option to opt out, and he took it.    So, unless he's owed some prorated signing bonus money, which could easily be, I don't see how he's owed anything, as he took the option to opt out.  

Kap planned his exodus.  In 2016,  he gave up a 14.5 million injury gaurantee  (jsb357 got it wrong) in exchange for acquiring the ability to opt out of his deal at the end of the year and become a free agent.  He never wanted to stay in SF.   He just completely miscalculated the backlash,  but thats what happens when you surround and insulate yourself with like-minded morons.

• kskboys and playoffs? like this

#44 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

I don't want any player who puts his own personal agenda over that of the team's.  I actually have no problem with his not standing for the anthem, as long as he did it on his own personal time, our military fought and died to preserver our right of free speech, you don't have to agree with his speech, but as one of our famous forefathers said "I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

So if he wants to act like a spoiled brat, fine, but he chose to use the team's visibility to express his opinion, and if he does that, how can you trust him to not put the team second for some other reason, like personal stats or passing up a short, pretty sure touchdown pass just so he can run for the td and show off?

Besides, as someone above posted, his stats lately aren't very good, I think it's a case of once teams had film on him and played against him, his shortcomings were exposed..

• kskboys, DcFootball4 and cowboyJohn like this

#45 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

I don't want any player who puts his own personal agenda over that of the team's.  I actually have no problem with his not standing for the anthem, as long as he did it on his own personal time, our military fought and died to preserver our right of free speech, you don't have to agree with his speech, but as one of our famous forefathers said "I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

So if he wants to act like a spoiled brat, fine, but he chose to use the team's visibility to express his opinion, and if he does that, how can you trust him to not put the team second for some other reason, like personal stats or passing up a short, pretty sure touchdown pass just so he can run for the td and show off?

Besides, as someone above posted, his stats lately aren't very good, I think it's a case of once teams had film on him and played against him, his shortcomings were exposed..

Your first paragraph is spot on.  You're one of the few non-emotional people who actually understands the "fought and died for our freedoms ..." line as it's written instead of parroting it as a principle against what Kap did when it actually supports it.

I don't think Kap's protests would take away from what he did on the field anymore than overhyped "bulletin board material" the press likes to peddle.  When Kap was under Harbaugh, he did well.  Harbaugh knew how to use Kap's athleticism to work for the team.  You don't get to the SB without being able to execute.  The problem for Kap was he relied on athleticism too much and never developed himself as a drop back QB, which got exposed as you said when different things were thrown at him and he didn't have good enough coaches to counter.

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#46 jsb357

jsb357

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

he gave up a 14.5 million injury gaurantee  (jsb357 got it wrong)

Wrong again...won't be the last time.

That was the cap money pre-release.  

His 7.5 million salary insurance does not kick in because he's not injured.

He gambled on other opportunities being there and so far it has not worked out.

The balance  $4,931,507 of his  signing bonus his keep him in from going hungry.

#47 playoffs?

playoffs?

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

fan since 1970, no fan if they get Kaepernick. He is a millionaire whiner that quit his team. Acts like

the world owes him more, then the silver spoon in his mouth that he spit out to pretend otherwise. He has had other offers since he quit the 49ers and rejects them while his girlfriend name calls them. He does not want to play, he has a different agenda. And they called Tebow a team distraction, and now support this guy, shows you where the league is going.

• jsb357, DcFootball4 and Needmorerings like this

#48 cowboyJohn

cowboyJohn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

Bingo. Nice post.

#49 TrojanHawk

TrojanHawk

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (Born in Dallas) Texas Stadium Ticket Holder

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

NOOOOO

ajlqlks7fswz.jpg

#50 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,698 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

Wrong again...won't be the last time.

That was the cap money pre-release.  

His 7.5 million salary insurance does not kick in because he's not injured.

He gambled on other opportunities being there and so far it has not worked out.

The balance  $4,931,507 of his  signing bonus his keep him in from going hungry.

Go do your homework or at least provide a link to prove you have correct information.....otherwise, attempt a refund from whoever taught you how to read.

"He gave up $14.5 million in injury guarantees for the ability to opt out of his deal at the end of the year."

https://www.sbnation...9ers-free-agent

#51 DcFootball4

DcFootball4

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

Personally, i would much rather stick with Coop and Moore. Don't need the media headache.

Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.

#52 kento40

kento40

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

After what I've seen from Coop, we don't need another backup for a long, long time. I'm shocked at how lucky we've been these past couple of drafts.

Also, Moore sucks hot garbage juice. He needs to be working at Wally World, not be a QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

• Jipper likes this

#53 Jipper

Jipper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,339 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

After what I've seen from Coop, we don't need another backup for a long, long time. I'm shocked at how lucky we've been these past couple of drafts.

Also, Moore sucks hot garbage juice. He needs to be working at Wally World, not be a QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

exactly...moore is gone after this year and rush is the backup for at least the next 3 years....pretty excting 

#54 DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, North Carolina

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

If you could get a price appropriate for Kap given the lack of market interest, then do it.

Idk why it's gotta be so political. If Player A (a free agent), is better than Player B (a person on the roster), then you should consiser signing them provided the move makes financial sense and locker room sense. An overpriced guy is a pass, a criminal is a pass.

Kap hasn't been signed yet, so if he ever signs, it'll be affordable. You might disagree with his opinions, but he's done nothing illegal.

The funny thing to me is that you can't tell me that Kap has the most radical political views in the entire NFL. Someone on some team is going to be more radicalized than simply kneeling during the anthem. But that guy, he hasn't spoken up about it, because he's wiser than Kap was. Big deal.
  • TrojanHawk likes this

#55 TrojanHawk

TrojanHawk

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (Born in Dallas) Texas Stadium Ticket Holder

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

I mean I don't think the NFL is suspending him. so there is that positive for us

ajlqlks7fswz.jpg

#56 jmunzz1116

jmunzz1116

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

Oh....where's all the warnings at MODERATORS for political talk in the football forum? You guys have given me warning after warning but someone else does it and it's just fine. Guess like with everything else it just depends on who you are. 
Nice. 

#57 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,503 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

Oh....where's all the warnings at MODERATORS for political talk in the football forum? You guys have given me warning after warning but someone else does it and it's just fine. Guess like with everything else it just depends on who you are. 
Nice.

You got stuffed in lockers a lot as a kid, didn't you?

#58 Argean

Argean

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

Bayless can kiss my butt
  • souporbowl likes this

#59 souporbowl

souporbowl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

I seriously doubt Bayless had Dallas' best interest in mind when he spouted off about this.

Beyond that I could care less what he wants.

Being objective - that is truly one of the most difficult things about being a Cowboy fan....

#60 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Nice. 

What political talk?

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users