#21 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

Need it to go low. Drew 1, 3, 4 and 8 for me and my wife.

#22 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:12 AM

McGregor is only a 4-1 longshot, so it seems he is being given a good enough chance by the guys who know best $$$$.

Rocky was about the same odds against Ivan Drago.

McGregor is only a 4-1 longshot, so it seems he is being given a good enough chance by the guys who know best $$$$.

Not the way it works, Misty.    The odds depend completely on how many are betting on each one.    Vegas adjusts the odds so the same number of people bet on each.    4-1 simply means quite a few people are betting on McG.

I heard 40-1.   Sounds like it was adjusted, maybe?   

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#23 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

Fight has been delayed.   Problems w/ some streaming, I think. 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#24 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 31,070 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

www.vipboxtv.me/boxing/485533/8/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-12-rounds-super-welterweight-stream

S0RVysY.png

#25 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

Embarrassment for Boxong to allow McGregor to look that good. Mayweather would be in the hospital in less than a round in the octagon. Sad.

#26 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 31,070 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

Floyd Mayweather beats Conor McGregor in the 10th round by TKO.

S0RVysY.png

#27 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,899 posts
  • LocationPJG Investigation Unit

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

Embarrassment for Boxong to allow McGregor to look that good. Mayweather would be in the hospital in less than a round in the octagon. Sad.

Apples to Oranges man. If the fight wasn't stopped he would have gotten embarrassed and knocked out. 

I will say Conner put up a solid fight and he certainly deserves credit for the fight he put up. 

McGregor isn't a boxer and Mayweather isn't a MMA fighter

#28 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,736 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Fight was better than I expected. I knew Connor would tire out and get beat if it went past 6 rounds.
  • Juggernaut likes this

9tn384.jpg

#29 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

If MayW wanted - he could take him out in a NY minute....

I'm figuring he'll carry McG for a few. 

Its crazy people are really paying money for this.  

Nostradamus right here.  A short fight would benefit no one.

What's crazy is people bet on McGreggor.  Emotion overruling judgment yet again.  Vegas says thanks.

• nyc-cowboy likes this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#30 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 31,070 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Fight was better than I expected. I knew Connor would tire out and get beat if it went past 6 rounds.

Exactly. Conor wasn't able to keep up the pace, he needed to score an early KO. He sounded happy with his lo$$.

• uvaballa likes this

S0RVysY.png

#31 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

Apples to Oranges man. If the fight wasn't stopped he would have gotten embarrassed and knocked out.
I will say Conner put up a solid fight and he certainly deserves credit for the fight he put up.
McGregor isn't a boxer and Mayweather isn't a MMA fighter

Mayweather has NO shot at looking as good as Conor did if the roles were reversed.

#32 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,736 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:40 AM

Mayweather has NO shot at looking as good as Conor did if the roles were reversed.

Totally agree but it doesn't matter. Conor needs to work on stamina. If he boxed someone his size (GGG or Canelo) he gets embarrassed though.

9tn384.jpg

#33 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:40 AM

Obviously not. It's not even debateable. But a world class boxer just demonstrated that an MMA fighter cannot out box him. And, McGregor came out of it with a huge amount of respect. If the fight wasn't stopped, I highly doubt anyone would even try to say Conner had a shot. Another round and he would have been destroyed. It was perfect how it ended. 

Apples to Oranges.

• kskboys likes this

#34 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

Obviously not. It's not even debateable. But a world class boxer just demonstrated that an MMA fighter cannot out box him. And, McGregor came out of it with a huge amount of respect. If the fight wasn't stopped, I highly doubt anyone would even try to say Conner had a shot. Another round and he would have been destroyed. It was perfect how it ended.
Apples to Oranges.

I think outlast is a better description. Conor outoboxed him early and was clearly winning the boxing match against the best ever. Stamina was the difference here.

#35 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

I think outlast is a better description. Conor outoboxed him early and was clearly winning the boxing match against the best ever. Stamina was the difference here.

But that's boxing. Especially Mayweather. He's one of the best defensive boxers in history. Yet he was forced to be more aggressive. McGregor brought it. But had the fight not been stopped, Mayweather would have wore him out to the point he would have gotten knocked out. That's the difference between a boxer vs. MMA in a boxing setting. All that matters is the end. 

#36 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

But that's boxing. Especially Mayweather. He's one of the best defensive boxers in history. Yet he was forced to be more aggressive. McGregor brought it. But had the fight not been stopped, Mayweather would have wore him out to the point he would have gotten knocked out. That's the difference between a boxer vs. MMA in a boxing setting. All that matters is the end.

One thing is clear. An MMA boxer can compete agianst the best ever in boxing. Mayweather should have embarrassed him but didn't. A fight in the octagon couldn't sell at this point. If Conor could hold his own for 10 rounds in boxing, Floyd has not shot at surviving any MMA rules.

#37 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,839 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

One thing is clear. An MMA boxer can compete agianst the best ever in boxing. Mayweather should have embarrassed him but didn't. A fight in the octagon couldn't sell at this point. If Conor could hold his own for 10 rounds in boxing, Floyd has not shot at surviving any MMA rules.

Uh oh.  Did you bet on McGreggor?  Lol.  Again, a short fight would have benefited no one.  This was the best possible scenario for all involved.  Floyd gets his 50-0 record via knockout to boot, and another $100M to retire with.  McGreggor gets enough respect to possibly get another big money boxing match (Pacquiao?).  I'm not one to claim conspiracy but I bet they'll both have brunch together tomorrow laughing about all the money they robbed from the public.  The hype of them hating each other plus playing on the racial hatred of today was pre-fight emotional drama to get people to open their wallets.  I think it worked.

• kskboys and nyc-cowboy like this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#38 .G2.

.G2.

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

#39 Staubach Fan

Staubach Fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:03 AM

I saw the fight, for free.  It was surprisingly entertaining. 

McGregor  put on a good show, that's for sure.  But if you listen to the interview with Mayweather after the fight, all went as planned. In the first 3 rounds Mayweather didn't do much other than study him and let Conor tire himself out.  Mayweather then turned up the gas, burrowed in and was relentless.   Mayweather was landing  power punch after power punch, Conor was gassed and finished by the end.  Some of the so called boxing experts said Mayweather would do this. He's no fool. 

Good fight though. Both men put on a show. 

• uvaballa likes this

Emmitt_Smith_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg?13230535
Dallas fan since December 28,1975

#40 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,736 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

With an MMA fight neither one would make half as much is the boxing match. The money was the motivating factor. Let Connor fight Canelo and he'll get embarrassed. He wasn't coming forward most of the fight like I thought the bigger guy would.

Uh oh. Did you bet on McGreggor? Lol. Again, a short fight would have benefited no one. This was the best possible scenario for all involved. Floyd gets his 50-0 record via knockout to boot, and another $100M to retire with. McGreggor gets enough respect to possibly get another big money boxing match (Pacquiao?). I'm not one to claim conspiracy but I bet they'll both have brunch together tomorrow laughing about all the money they robbed from the public. The hype of them hating each other plus playing on the racial hatred of today was pre-fight emotional drama to get people to open their wallets. I think it worked.

Floyd is making about $300M and Connor about $100M.

9tn384.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users