Little League World Series: Championship Game, starting now

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

And it's a TX team vs Japan.   Thought some of you might be interested.   

Game is on ABC.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#2 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Yesssssss

TX leads off the game w/ a HR!!!!!!!!!

And now just hit another!!!!

2-0 in the 1st!!!!

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#3 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

Great run by Lufkin winning the US Championship. The deepest a Texas team has gone since 1966 with a team from Houston who won it all.

I played on a team that was coached the previous year in 1965 to the College World Series. The only team from that city to ever make it Williamsport.

We didn't make it out of regionals in 1966. That coaches son went on to play for Arizona St who won a National Championship and the Kansas City Royals.

The coach and my dad were lifelong friends and I played with the sons brother who we're still friends.

I have a great nephew who a couple years ago played on the same fields I did about 50 years ago representing the same city I did but lost in the regional finals one round away from going to Williamsport. We would have gone.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users