#1 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

Today's matchup for the first tournament of the playoffs in the final group with Jordan Speith and Dustin Johnston the top two players in the world a dream matchup and it didn't disappoint.

Speith begun the final round 3 shots up and held the lead thru most of the front nine. Then Dustin made his move on back nine. Jordan had an incredible putt on 17 to stay tied going to 18. Then Dustin had to make a putt to send it to a playoff which Dustin won.

The game of golf is in such great hands with this group of young golfers. It's such a refreshing sport to be a part of. It's the sport I'd be encouraging my friends and family to get their kids involved with such great integrity and role models to follow and look up to.

Golf is great!!
  • cowboyfan927 and atlantacowboy like this
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#2 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

Today's matchup for the first tournament of the playoffs in the final group with Jordan Speith and Dustin Johnston the top two players in the world a dream matchup and it didn't disappoint.

Speith begun the final round 3 shots up and held the lead thru most of the front nine. Then Dustin made his move on back nine. Jordan had an incredible putt on 17 to stay tied going to 18. Then Dustin had to make a putt to send it to a playoff which Dustin won.

The game of golf is in such great hands with this group of young golfers. It's such a refreshing sport to be a part of. It's the sport I'd be encouraging my friends and family to get their kids involved with such great integrity and role models to follow and look up to.

Golf is great!!

If you like golf,  this is fun.  Its never going to be as compelling as the majors b/c there is no history or tradition. 

#3 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

If you like golf, this is fun. Its never going to be as compelling as the majors b/c there is no history or tradition.

US didn't have history in British Open until Arnie started going.Point is history has to begin somewhere.

The Fed Ex Playoffs are becoming a tradition and with a 10 million reward to boot with exempt status .

The USGA is moving the PGA to May next year so the Fed Ex Playoffs don't run over into the NFL opening season. It's going to be more of a grand finale to the season in August.

It doesn't have to be a major to be exciting. Yesterday with Jordan and Dustin it sure felt like a major.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#4 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

US didn't have history in British Open until Arnie started going.Point is history has to begin somewhere.

The Fed Ex Playoffs are becoming a tradition and with a 10 million reward to boot with exempt status .

The USGA is moving the PGA to May next year so the Fed Ex Playoffs don't run over into the NFL opening season. It's going to be more of a grand finale to the season in August.

It doesn't have to be a major to be exciting. Yesterday with Jordan and Dustin it sure felt like a major.

Well,  yeah,  any tourney that has the best competing on sunday is compelling.  I just don't think its ever going to be on par with the majors b/c nobody cares who wins the fedex cup.  Its all money and no glory.  It is what it is.

Glad they are moving the PGA.  Thats an amazing historic course that deserves more of a limelight.

#5 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Well, yeah, any tourney that has the best competing on sunday is compelling. I just don't think its ever going to be on par with the majors b/c nobody cares who wins the fedex cup. Its all money and no glory. It is what it is.

Glad they are moving the PGA. Thats an amazing historic course that deserves more of a limelight.

????
The PGA is played a different course each year . By moving I meant the time of year.

And I wouldn't say no one cares who wins Fed Ex while I'd agree not as big as a major.

#6 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

????
The PGA is played a different course each year . By moving I meant the time of year.

And I wouldn't say no one cares who wins Fed Ex while I'd agree not as big as a major.

I thought you meant the tour championship at East lake.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users