84 replies to this topic

#1 marputt

marputt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

What do we have that the Rams need.  Answer a Quarterback.  The Rams invested a lot of Money and draft picks for Goff.  Trade Cooper Rush + some draft pick for a player that is unhappy in LA. (Aaron Donald) Trade makes sense for both teams.  Lets face it Goff Sucks.  Would Cooper do well in LA's system I do not know.  But might be time to talk about it.  Hell make the pick conditional.

#2 Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • LocationLehigh Acres, FL.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

If I had Donald, I wouldn't even consider a trade unless it is their first round pick and it comes from a team that I know will finish at the bottom of the league giving me a top 5 pick in the draft. I think Goff will be better this year so I think he is better than Rush already.

• kskboys, Northern_Cowboy and cowboyJohn like this

Check out my business website here.

#3 AnalyticsRUs

AnalyticsRUs

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Wrong forum

Here you go: http://boards.dallas...e-agency-forum/

5a77e6a3d08533bd5c1e0256cdc3bed5--dallas

#4 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

trade Dez

• hadenough likes this

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#5 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

What do we have that the Rams need.  Answer a Quarterback.  The Rams invested a lot of Money and draft picks for Goff.  Trade Cooper Rush + some draft pick for a player that is unhappy in LA. (Aaron Donald) Trade makes sense for both teams.  Lets face it Goff Sucks.  Would Cooper do well in LA's system I do not know.  But might be time to talk about it.  Hell make the pick conditional.

Please put trade/fa threads in the correct forum.   TY, moving.

Donald is on the block?   

Is Rush as well thought of by coaches around the league as he is by some Cowboys fans?     I think not.    To even sniff Donald, you'd have to start your offer w/ 2 firsts.     They'd laugh at you for offering a slackarmed rookie in exchange for a complete stud at DT.  

• beware d-ware, 5 Lombardis, QuincyCarterEra and 1 other like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#6 5 Lombardis

5 Lombardis

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

I was hoping Donald would fall to us in the draft when he came out but his performance at the combine nixed that possibility.  As it is there's no way we would give up what it would take to acquire him via trade.  The only way we'll ever get him is if the Rams aren't willing to pay the freight when his contract is up.

• kskboys likes this

#7 beware d-ware

beware d-ware

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

Donald's contract runs out after this year. Even for a one year rental, the Rams would probably want a first rounder at the minimum.

Then Donald's going to want 60-70 million guaranteed next year.

r0nferno6hcknej1omkj.gif

#8 marputt

marputt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Is Cooper Rush the second coming of Tony Romo or Brett Favre.  Who knows?  I have heard all my life these crazy definitions of "Fair Market Value".  Fair market value is the middle point of what a buyer is willing to spend and a seller is willing to take.  That is the definition period end of story.  Now lets look at this from a different angle.  The most important position on the field is the QB.  We have Cooper Rush small sample size but looks pretty good.  The Rams have Goff you have enough of a sample size to determine he sucks, forget who is around him.  Look at who is around Cooper Rush, he elevates 2nd and third stringers and holds his own with the #1 guys.  Goff seems out of his element with the speed of the game at any level in the pro's.  I understand the Rams not wanting to part with Aaron Donald.  "Yes he is a stud"  People in hell want ice cubes.  They can franchise him but if their team is ever going to get better they MUST have a QB.  Am I a homey and just look through rose colored glasses well maybe.  I am no NFL scout I have not done all the mathematical calculations or any of that draft mumbo jumbo from money ball.  What I can tell you is by watching Goff is he flat out sucks.  I am sorry Rams fans but you threw away draft picks on a college QB that can not convert to the NFL game.  It is not the first time and will not be the last.  Now lets face it the Rams do not have draft picks to spare so they need something for value Donald is the obvious choice.  If they think the price is too steep so be it.

#9 ShutUp&Play

ShutUp&Play

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

Don't care how unhappy Donald is in LA. He would NEVER EVER get traded to Dallas??

To get Donald the conversation starts with Zack and a first and 2nd, that's to start talking not

meaning the deal is done?

Now that is over.

We have MCollins who WILL be an absolute STUD this year and is under control for

2 more years before we have to pay him...I would love to have Donald but not for

what it will cost to get him. Our D will do a lot of surprising this year! Especially down

the stretch MARK MY WORDS!

• TrojanHawk likes this

#10 QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

After the Bills sent home Marcell Dareus they have been rumored to be looking to trade him. You want a war daddy? Here's one that is actually available.
  • kskboys and kidcowboy83 like this

#11 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Donald wants an extension and the Rams picked up his fifth yr option. We could trade Zack Martin and a 2nd probably, possibly Martin & a first. Then we would have to pay Donald 17.5 million a year probably a six year deal. So he is 100 dollar man. Are you ready to destroy the offensive line and our most durable and saught after stud to improve our defense in one fell swoop.
  • kskboys and 45yearCowboyFan like this

#12 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

After the Bills sent home Marcell Dareus they have been rumored to be looking to trade him. You want a war daddy? Here's one that is actually available.

No, like Sheldon Richardson he too much of a disruption, not worth the hassle of having an idiot in the locker room.

• 45yearCowboyFan likes this

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#13 TrojanHawk

TrojanHawk

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (Born in Dallas) Texas Stadium Ticket Holder

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

Don't care how unhappy Donald is in LA. He would NEVER EVER get traded to Dallas??

To get Donald the conversation starts with Zack and a first and 2nd, that's to start talking not

meaning the deal is done?

Now that is over.

We have MCollins who WILL be an absolute STUD this year and is under control for

2 more years before we have to pay him...I would love to have Donald but not for

what it will cost to get him. Our D will do a lot of surprising this year! Especially down

the stretch MARK MY WORDS!

i like this post

441092_display_image.jpg141009-tyron-smith-350.jpg

#14 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

You have some mighty unrealsitic dreams.  lol

#15 marputt

marputt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

Unrealistic Dreams well maybe.  The Crazy ideas of giving up Zack Martin for Aaron Donald.  To me those two players are equal trade value.  And something like that is crazy because to make a trade it has to be beneficial for both teams.  I posed a trade that included a quarterback for a defensive lineman.  Lets forgo the idea of Cooper Rush and as I stated in another forum.  Trade with Belechick for Jimmy Garoppolo anytime you trade with Belechick though you feel like you have just been fleeced.  You could only get Donald if you had a quarterback.  Without a quarterback your team is going no where.  One person stated that they thought Goff was better than Cooper Rush.  If that is the way the Rams look at it they can thumb their nose at even the thought.  The Rams are like the Browns in years past.  They have nothing and are going no where.  Under Jeff Fischer they had a "win now" mentality and traded future draft choices for a Franchise quarterback.  Goff is obviously not that.  I presented them at a shot at a quarterback that shows the signs of "the real deal" is he for sure.  Oh Hell NO.  But he is better than what they have and a lot of potential and possibility.  that is the reason you throw in a pick to off set the loss of a stud.  Something that benefits both teams.  If I was Donald and I wanted to win and had his talent I would want a freaking trade!!!

#16 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

The Cowboys offense is built around the offensive line, to give up an All Pro guard, when you can't even find a LG that has shown he can be anywhere near as good as Leary was, and with a LT with a gimpy back, as well as having a RT that is in his first year at RT, would be foolish beyond belief.

And the Rams would let go one of the top, if not the top, DTs in the game for a rookie quarterback who's only played in the pre-season?  Ain't happening.

Sorry, either trade scenario is pretty far-fetched...

• kskboys likes this

#17 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

"Under Jeff Fischer they had a "win now" mentality and traded future draft choices for a Franchise quarterback.  Goff is obviously not that."

I remember a lot of fans saying that about Aikman his first year, he threw a ton of ints and lost every game he played his first year.

But he eventually turned into a three time SB winner and HOF player.

You may be right, but it's far too early to tell...

#18 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

"MCollins who WILL be an absolute STUD this year'

I hope you're right, but after hearing the same about T. Crawford, D. Lawrence and others from some people, only to see nothing much but injuries and suspensions and spotty great play, excuse me if I reserve judgment on that.

Hate to be somewhat of a sourpuss, but after over 20 years of up and down teams, there's too much history otherwise for me to be too optimistic...

#19 QCE

QCE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

No, like Sheldon Richardson he too much of a disruption, not worth the hassle of having an idiot in the locker room.

Difference is Marcell has never been cited as a locker room cancer unlike Richardson. Also Marcell is twice as good as Richardson, Marcell is an undisputed top 5 DT, while Richardson has the "potential to be a top 10 DT.
  • kskboys and ShutUp&Play like this

#20 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

Is Cooper Rush the second coming of Tony Romo or Brett Favre.  Who knows?  I have heard all my life these crazy definitions of "Fair Market Value".  Fair market value is the middle point of what a buyer is willing to spend and a seller is willing to take.  That is the definition period end of story.  Now lets look at this from a different angle.  The most important position on the field is the QB.  We have Cooper Rush small sample size but looks pretty good.  The Rams have Goff you have enough of a sample size to determine he sucks, forget who is around him.  Look at who is around Cooper Rush, he elevates 2nd and third stringers and holds his own with the #1 guys.  Goff seems out of his element with the speed of the game at any level in the pro's.  I understand the Rams not wanting to part with Aaron Donald.  "Yes he is a stud"  People in hell want ice cubes.  They can franchise him but if their team is ever going to get better they MUST have a QB.  Am I a homey and just look through rose colored glasses well maybe.  I am no NFL scout I have not done all the mathematical calculations or any of that draft mumbo jumbo from money ball.  What I can tell you is by watching Goff is he flat out sucks.  I am sorry Rams fans but you threw away draft picks on a college QB that can not convert to the NFL game.  It is not the first time and will not be the last.  Now lets face it the Rams do not have draft picks to spare so they need something for value Donald is the obvious choice.  If they think the price is too steep so be it.

I do.    Rush is not close to either.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users