#41 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

Forget Donald, he's not getting traded. Maybe if he refuses to resign with them when his contracts up Jerry would back up a truck of $ for him but I doubt we could afford what he'll bring.

But Dareus being on the block is very interesting. I think JJ and co should be dogging the Bill's GM over a deal.

I'd offer a 5th and Thorton to see what they say. And I'd be willing to go up to a 4th and Thorton. Maybe a couple late rounders too if need be. I would do almost any deal with Thorton and some late rounders for Dareus. And maybe a 3rd for him outright.  

I'd consider a 5th and Paea. But I'd try to keep him to pair with Dareus. 

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

FIGHT!

#42 Flamma

Flamma

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

What do we have that the Rams need.  Answer a Quarterback.  The Rams invested a lot of Money and draft picks for Goff.  Trade Cooper Rush + some draft pick for a player that is unhappy in LA. (Aaron Donald) Trade makes sense for both teams.  Lets face it Goff Sucks.  Would Cooper do well in LA's system I do not know.  But might be time to talk about it.  Hell make the pick conditional.

What draft picks, all of them?  Goff didn't look that bad against us in pre season.  The Rams also look like they'll have a pretty decent offense this year, unlike last year.  They're not giving up on their first rounder just yet.

If you want to trade for a very talented player you usually have to pay for it.  Very rarely will you acquire great talent for little to nothing in return. 

#43 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,456 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

What do we have that the Rams need.  Answer a Quarterback.  The Rams invested a lot of Money and draft picks for Goff.  Trade Cooper Rush + some draft pick for a player that is unhappy in LA. (Aaron Donald) Trade makes sense for both teams.  Lets face it Goff Sucks.  Would Cooper do well in LA's system I do not know.  But might be time to talk about it.  Hell make the pick conditional.

So, we are going to trade an undrafted rookie free agent QB (+ "some draft pick") for one of the best DTs in the game, and the trade will be with a team that used the 1st overall pick on a QB in the 2016 draft? You apparently think very highly of Jerry Jones abilities as a GM.

#44 pappydog4444

pappydog4444

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Rush is already Joe Montana here in the forums....and Collins is now Bob Lilly and Randy white combined....its been so long since we won a SB or had a Decent Defense think weve gone fairy tale in the head that is.....

Wake up my fellow boys fan....we need Donald like a man stranded in the Desert needs water......give RG martin give a high pick give one of our wr .....WE NEED DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE....and then go back to dreaming some of you....dream a Jerry dream where we get lucky on the defense side of the ball as we did with Dak and Zeke....

#45 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Aaron Donald isn't even available to trade for. Moot issue.
  • kskboys likes this

#46 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Rush is already Joe Montana here in the forums....and Collins is now Bob Lilly and Randy white combined....its been so long since we won a SB or had a Decent Defense think weve gone fairy tale in the head that is.....

Wake up my fellow boys fan....we need Donald like a man stranded in the Desert needs water......give RG martin give a high pick give one of our wr .....WE NEED DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE....and then go back to dreaming some of you....dream a Jerry dream where we get lucky on the defense side of the ball as we did with Dak and Zeke....

I actually would like to see them send Tyron Smith and that albatross of a contract to the Rams for Donald.

#47 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Of the recent posts, it seems you are in LA LA Land dreaming.

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#48 jmunzz1116

jmunzz1116

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

I actually would like to see them send Tyron Smith and that albatross of a contract to the Rams for Donald.

Tyron Smith has an extremely cheap contract for what he is...I thought?

• Bless the Boys and TrojanHawk like this

#49 PowerDraw

PowerDraw

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationArlington TX

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Would love to see Donald wearing the Star but he's going to be way too expensive.

#50 QCE

QCE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:02 AM

I need your dealer's number

#51 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

We would have to dangle Zach Martin,  and i'm not sure even that would get the deal done.  

#52 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

We would have to dangle Zach Martin,  and i'm not sure even that would get the deal done.  

I don't think we have to dangle Martin but that would probably get the deal done. The reality is, LA hired Wade Philips who is a fantastic DC but Donald doesn't fit what he does. Donald is under the control of LA for this season and the next two so a holdout now doesn't make a whole lot of since unless Donald sees the writing on the wall. By hiring Philips and moving to the 3-4, the Rams have made the decision to move away from Donald and the rest of their 4-3 scheme players. Donald knows it and the Rams know it. That's why their is not a deal done from either side as of yet. If either sided valued the other, then that side would've caved by now. Peak time to trade for Donald is now. Teams will or have offered for Donald already but I assume the Rams are holding out for Donald's value to a 4-3 scheme and teams know that he's not worth it because in a 3-4 the Rams cannot properly maximize his worth. Donald may have already played his last snap in LA.

• TrojanHawk likes this

#53 marputt

marputt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

I am glad I got some comment out of the thread.  Do I expect to get Aaron Donald here in Dallas.  No I do not.  I see some of the comparisons on Goff to Aikman and Peyton Manning.  I do not see it.  At least with Aikman you could see something.  The same with Manning you could just see they had something. Grading NFL talent is a tough job.  I will not lie I kept thinking Jeff George was going to be great.  Some people on here think a little more highly of Aarond Donald than I do.  I think he is pretty good but I think he is top 10 not top 2.  I do think he is better than every DL we currently have on the team.  And one more thing.  Donald is apparently ready to stop receiving pay because it is Tues 9/5/2017 and he still has not reported to work(The Rams).  I am not sure about this but if he does not report before EOB today, I think he is inelgible for Sundays game.  I am not sure I bet someone can clarify.

Go Cowboys!!!

#54 TrojanHawk

TrojanHawk

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (Born in Dallas) Texas Stadium Ticket Holder

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

I don't think we have to dangle Martin but that would probably get the deal done. The reality is, LA hired Wade Philips who is a fantastic DC but Donald doesn't fit what he does. Donald is under the control of LA for this season and the next two so a holdout now doesn't make a whole lot of since unless Donald sees the writing on the wall. By hiring Philips and moving to the 3-4, the Rams have made the decision to move away from Donald and the rest of their 4-3 scheme players. Donald knows it and the Rams know it. That's why their is not a deal done from either side as of yet. If either sided valued the other, then that side would've caved by now. Peak time to trade for Donald is now. Teams will or have offered for Donald already but I assume the Rams are holding out for Donald's value to a 4-3 scheme and teams know that he's not worth it because in a 3-4 the Rams cannot properly maximize his worth. Donald may have already played his last snap in LA.

Yea there is gonna be some movement in the next couple weeks on this. 

Interesting that they would bring in Phillips with Donald being so disruptive. You don't think he could be a DE in the 3-4? 

441092_display_image.jpg141009-tyron-smith-350.jpg

#55 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

Interesting that they would bring in Phillips with Donald being so disruptive. You don't think he could be a DE in the 3-4?

No Donald is tooo small for that long term. It will expose him to more double teams and really take away from what he does best and that is pressure up the gut.

#56 TrojanHawk

TrojanHawk

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (Born in Dallas) Texas Stadium Ticket Holder

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

No Donald is tooo small for that long term. It will expose him to more double teams and really take away from what he does best and that is pressure up the gut.

Yea, true, but if you put an amazing outside linebacker like von Miller on the outside of him. Who you gonna double team? 

441092_display_image.jpg141009-tyron-smith-350.jpg

#57 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

he'll be an undersized NT much like Ratlif was, Phillips plays a 1 gap system, not the traditional 2 gap, he will still be a monster NT

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#58 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

This is the best interior lineman in football and he's only 26.   Donald works in any defense. You don't think Wade could use a cat quick 3-4 DE?  

The reason this isn't getting done is b/c the Rams don't have to do it.   He's under contract and the Rams have bigger problems to address with their cap dollars at the moment.  Players like Donald are far more rare and hard to find than a freaking guard.   The Rams would want draft picks in addition to Zach Martin.  

• kskboys likes this

#59 Robertfchew

Robertfchew

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Just heard he's expected to miss the first game now. The Rams are going to suck regardless if they deactivate him for the year does he get credit for the year on his contract ?

#60 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

This is the best interior lineman in football and he's only 26.   Donald works in any defense. You don't think Wade could use a cat quick 3-4 DE?  

The reason this isn't getting done is b/c the Rams don't have to do it.   He's under contract and the Rams have bigger problems to address with their cap dollars at the moment.  Players like Donald are far more rare and hard to find than a freaking guard.   The Rams would want draft picks in addition to Zach Martin.

So Martin is just a freaking gaurd? Martin is every bit the player that Donald is. Player for player it would be an even swap with no picks included.

No I still don't think Donald in the 3-4 is good long-term. Remember how Jay Ratlif's body just broke under that demand? I think Donald is smaller than Jay. I could be wrong though on if he's smaller or not. I just don't see the switch as a good move for Donalds future. Why put your team's best player in this posisition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users