27 replies to this topic

#21 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Is there a better conference?   Don't confuse parity with inferiority.  The SEC still has more talent than any other conference from top to bottom and its not even close.

I'd rather be in the SEC than the Big Ten or ACC if that answers it. I'd only have to go through Bama, meanwhile a team like Penn State has to get past Ohio State, Michigan, and then most likely Wisconsin in the B10 championship game. In the SEC, if you beat Bama you're set. Take out Bama and it's a breeze.

#22 jordanjssr

jordanjssr

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

I'd rather be in the SEC than the Big Ten or ACC if that answers it. I'd only have to go through Bama, meanwhile a team like Penn State has to get past Ohio State, Michigan, and then most likely Wisconsin in the B10 championship game. In the SEC, if you beat Bama you're set. Take out Bama and it's a breeze.

When I think of the Big Ten.

I think 1 0​.

​1 team that scores zero points in playoffs.

• atlantacowboy likes this
Football was killed by the shield.

#23 uvaballa

uvaballa

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,243 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

2 out of 4 is more impressive than 8 out of the last 11? Interesting math.

You really think the SEC this year and last year is as strong is it was 10 years ago? Now I know you living in the past. Even the voters arent high on the SEC as they normally are.
2r7n7m0.jpg

#24 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

You really think the SEC this year and last year is as strong is it was 10 years ago? Now I know you living in the past. Even the voters arent high on the SEC as they normally are.

Of course not.  Its just better than any other conference from top to bottom.  Vandy just beat a ranked K-state team.   Mississippi State beats LSU........ no off weeks.

The SEC is still the toughest conference to win and has the most overall talent.  That much hasn't changed.  

#25 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Yep and the bowls proved the big 10 was comprised mostly of phonies.....pretenders.  3- loss USC beats PSU and we all know what happened to OSU agains Clemson..33-0.

Guess it wasn't so tough after all!   lol

#26 uvaballa

uvaballa

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,243 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

Of course not.  Its just better than any other conference from top to bottom.  Vandy just beat a ranked K-state team.   Mississippi State beats LSU........ no off weeks.

The SEC is still the toughest conference to win and has the most overall talent.  That much hasn't changed.  

Yes the SEC has a ton of talent but it seems like they're lacking in QB talent. 

I still think Bama easily wins the SEC. Even if they lost one game they'd probably still make the playoff.

2r7n7m0.jpg

#27 msudawg

msudawg

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Dark horse team in the SEC is Mississippi State.  Attended the game last night down in Starkville.  While we have always done well as an offensive team, we finally have a coach for our defense in Todd Grantham.  Still early, but do not count out the Bulldogs 

#28 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

Yes the SEC has a ton of talent but it seems like they're lacking in QB talent. 

I still think Bama easily wins the SEC. Even if they lost one game they'd probably still make the playoff.

I actually think Bama has no chance of winning a title with Hurts at QB.  He gives them no vertical threat.   Teams that play D are going to give Bama a tough time. Auburn and Florida are teams that could get them in the SEC.  Heck,  the way MSU just beat the tar out of LSU makes that a tough game too.  

• msudawg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users