20 replies to this topic

#1 QCE

QCE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

The Jets have cut veteran LB Bruce Carter, per league source.

Go get him boys! We lack depth and need someone with knowledge of the system. Also was a stud his last year here.

Jets are tanking and don't want to keep good older players.

#2 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

hmmmm, played well a long time ago. Knows the system and the system knows him. Wouldn't be against that one. Se him more as a SAM LB'er though and we just signed a SAM-type guy from Green Bay. Carter never lived up to expectations. On second thought, pass

#3 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

Carter wasn't any good in Dallas which is why we let him walk........the bucs finally admitted the mistake and the horrific jets can't even use him.

#4 Mr. 4.37

Mr. 4.37

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts
  • Location5th dimension

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Nah

"We take calculated risk associated with victory" - Mike Tomlin

#5 QCE

QCE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Carter wasn't any good in Dallas which is why we let him walk........the bucs finally admitted the mistake and the horrific jets can't even use him.

He was very good his last year with us, so that's not true.

Again misinformed he played well for the jets, but the jets are trying to tank and you can't have solid players ruining your record.

hmmmm, played well a long time ago. Knows the system and the system knows him. Wouldn't be against that one. Se him more as a SAM LB'er though and we just signed a SAM-type guy from Green Bay. Carter never lived up to expectations. On second thought, pass

I don't think a player not living up to their second round selection should have any effect on deciding on bringing them in.

#6 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

He had 1 solid year,and that was 2014. So I will have to say no.PASS.

• DUO_CORE likes this

1826006,sXXt94kbkAOxQnR2NFu0eAOBojnI33_c Which S.O.B. took my Diablo Sandwich?

#7 charleshaleyfan

charleshaleyfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

The Jets are really nose-diving.  What is wrong with them??  They are gutting everything in sight.

#8 DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

He had 1 solid year,and that was 2014. So I will have to say no.PASS.

...was that a contract year?

• CowboyNation55 likes this

#9 GROUNDNPOUNDPLZ

GROUNDNPOUNDPLZ

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • LocationOahu, Hawai'i

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

He was drafted to play 3-4 ILB next to Lee and played well.

When they moved to 4-3 I thought he should stay at mike and move Lee to Will, but they didn't and Lee got reinjured and Carter got exposed by RBs in man.

If they had move Lee to Will and Carter to Mike he could've excelled.

I really was a fan of his and wish theyd bring him back but they won't.

• bornafan1981, northerncowboynation and QCE like this

#10 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

He was very good his last year with us, so that's not true.

Again misinformed he played well for the jets, but the jets are trying to tank and you can't have solid players ruining your record.
I don't think a player not living up to their second round selection should have any effect on deciding on bringing them in.

I wasn't suggesting that not living up to expectations was the only reason for not bringing him in. I don't totally disagree with you on this one. He didn't play well in Tampa but they used him as a SAM LB'er. Mostly he played a back up roll but that's all he would have to play here. I do think we need another LB'er for depth, Mike and/or SAM. I'm sure we're looking 

• QCE likes this

#11 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts
  • LocationPJG investigation unit for fake profiles

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:54 PM

some may remember but I had been a huge Bruce Carter fan for years, ever since his freshman year at Carolina. I advocated for that dude time after time after time. Made excuses for'em for years. And I have never been more wrong about a player in the league coming out of college. 

Anyway, i would be shocked if they brought him back. I know before he signed with the Jets someone asked Broaddus about bringing him back and he said that ship has sailed. 

Not to mention, the Jets are a defense that is talent hungry and if they let him go, that says a lot. 

• QCE likes this

#12 QCE

QCE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:34 AM

some may remember but I had been a huge Bruce Carter fan for years, ever since his freshman year at Carolina. I advocated for that dude time after time after time. Made excuses for'em for years. And I have never been more wrong about a player in the league coming out of college.

Anyway, i would be shocked if they brought him back. I know before he signed with the Jets someone asked Broaddus about bringing him back and he said that ship has sailed.

Not to mention, the Jets are a defense that is talent hungry and if they let him go, that says a lot.

I agree with the last statement. If the Jets let him go, that means he's still got plenty in the tank and they don't want him winning them ant games. Just like how they cut Harris and the patriots promptly went out and signed him

#13 Kingsfisher

Kingsfisher

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTENNESSEE

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:36 AM

The Jets have cut veteran LB Bruce Carter, per league source.

Go get him boys! We lack depth and need someone with knowledge of the system. Also was a stud his last year here.

Jets are tanking and don't want to keep good older players.

I agree with your desire to sign some experience and strength. But Lb is not the problem. We just dropped Thornton and he cost us a lot and was built up to be the answer even though he was beat out in Philly by Benny Logan who took his snaps by the end of 2015. He was patchwork backup at best. Until the staff makes the Defensive Line the #1 priority, and stops patchwork players, work on progress players, low round and undrafted players we will continue to struggle like we have the last 20 years. 

• 45yearCowboyFan likes this

#14 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

There is nothing to indicate Carter is any better than what we have now. 

#15 lordnate

lordnate

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

It wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a workout, but I wouldn't be disappointed with not signing him either. If we did sign him, it would have to be for league minimum.

#16 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:35 AM

The Jets are really nose-diving.  What is wrong with them??  They are gutting everything in sight.

They're in the Josh Rosen & Sam Darnold sweepstakes. 

#17 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

We could use some good MLB depth, but I'm not so sure Carter can give us that anymore. I'd say give him a try out but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

FIGHT!

#18 5 Lombardis

5 Lombardis

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I wouldn't be against a 1 or 2 year deal if it's on the cheap, but long term you go younger.

#19 QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

I wouldn't be against a 1 or 2 year deal if it's on the cheap, but long term you go younger.

There's no chance he gets a large contract, so cheap and short term seem to be very likely. Until Hitchens comes back, our lack of depth will be tested.

#20 DanAn

DanAn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

We've got four that can play MIKE or WILL (Lee, Smith, Wilson, Durant) so we should be alright for the next month provided there isn't a run of injuries. Usually being this short at linebacker would start to affect special teams but we've got guys like Hanna, Swaim, R & K.Smith, K.Fraizer and potentially Noah Brown so special teams shouldn't be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users