#1 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts
  • LocationDimension C-137

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:00 AM

I have an account on every forum online I have seen related to this football team. The Cowboys reddit, Cowboyszone, DallasCowboysUniverse, etc.

I have been a poster here for a long time. And I love some of the users here. And enjoy some of the subjects discussed. But the quality of the content found here pales in comparison to the other forums. And I have no idea why this forum has gone downhill, but it has, big time.

If I want news about the Cowboys, I go to Cowboyszone. Then I go to r/NFL for insight. Then I discuss either there or Cowboyszone. I don't venture into this place anymore; unless I want to argue about music in the fireside chat. Because the info I find here is worthless. It's just not good information.

The content here is much more opinionated and negative. There are far more trolls than on the other forums, and people who literally don't know what they're talking about. Or are just looking to stir up trouble.

This thing needs a major change. ASAP. And I don't really care if this thread gets locked or deleted, which it likely will.
  • johnny23, Runwildboys, Londonboy and 1 other like this

#2 Cookie Dough OD

Cookie Dough OD

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Bacon

#3 ItzKelz2

ItzKelz2

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

I have an account on every forum online I have seen related to this football team. The Cowboys reddit, Cowboyszone, DallasCowboysUniverse, etc.

I have been a poster here for a long time. And I love some of the users here. And enjoy some of the subjects discussed. But the quality of the content found here pales in comparison to the other forums. And I have no idea why this forum has gone downhill, but it has, big time.

If I want news about the Cowboys, I go to Cowboyszone. Then I go to r/NFL for insight. Then I discuss either there or Cowboyszone. I don't venture into this place anymore; unless I want to argue about music in the fireside chat. Because the info I find here is worthless. It's just not good information.

The content here is much more opinionated and negative. There are far more trolls than on the other forums, and people who literally don't know what they're talking about. Or are just looking to stir up trouble.

This thing needs a major change. ASAP. And I don't really care if this thread gets locked or deleted, which it likely will.

And yet you created a post because?

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#4 rocknrollinhoneybadger

rocknrollinhoneybadger

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

Have you tried mouth-to-mouth?

• C42 likes this

83736f851256ebfd392d677baefc775d_a339df4

#5 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,072 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

And yet you created a post because?

My guess is he likes this forum and many of the people here, and he wants to see it get back to what he perceives it once was.

• blueberryicedcoffee and Dylan✭Wilson like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#6 ItzKelz2

ItzKelz2

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

My guess is he likes this forum and many of the people here, and he wants to see it get back to what he perceives it once was.

My guess is he is confused.

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#7 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,694 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

This is the 4th time over the years that I've seen this declared.   And this place hasn't changed.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#8 QB 09 2 81

QB 09 2 81

• Moderators
  • 960 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

Not locked or deleted, but moved to the correct forum.

#9 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,072 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

It's gone downhill because some of the great posters have left, whether permanently or just for the off season, and they've been replaced with people who want to do nothing but complain about the team, coaches, Goodell, and the forum...........You should've checked into the Pointless thread once in a while.

• Capn b and blueberryicedcoffee like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#10 bob_tha_football

bob_tha_football

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

as a long time redditor I disagree, it's very droll there and being a newb here  ....  I've been pretty intrigued with the atmosphere 'round this joint, some of these posters make me laugh out loud

i've never understood message board peeps that seriously think their opinion matters 

• kskboys and Runwildboys like this

#11 glimmerman70

glimmerman70

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

Always enjoyed reading your posts and posting back and forth with ya. Offseason gets slow. Season is upon us should get more exciting around here.
  • blueberryicedcoffee and Dylan✭Wilson like this

"Big Ben Sucks, says ES!"  ES is smart...

#12 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:33 AM

Always enjoyed reading your posts and posting back and forth with ya. Offseason gets slow. Season is upon us should get more exciting around here.

I hope so, glim.

#13 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

This is the 4th time over the years that I've seen this declared. And this place hasn't changed.

Ksk, my main man. I've been here for 5 years and I think it's changed a lot. But that's just me.

What is the difference between you and i?
  • Banned in DC likes this

#14 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts
  • LocationPJG investigation unit for fake profiles

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

felt the same way many times before Blue. Like Runny said, it hasn't really changed its just some of the people we're used to seeing around for so many years don't come around as much. I still love the people here and will always feel a debt of gratitude towards those people for helping me get through some really tough times in my life. Things im not sure I would have been able to get through without some of them. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things and post more often and not take things so seriously. I know sounds weird coming from a guy who doesn't wear pants right?  

• kskboys, blueberryicedcoffee and Runwildboys like this

#15 Creeper

Creeper

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:09 AM

I liked it better when we could post comments after the articles and not have to use a separate forum to comment.  But those days are apparently gone forever so this will have to do.

#16 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,694 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:01 AM

Ksk, my main man. I've been here for 5 years and I think it's changed a lot. But that's just me.

What is the difference between you and i?

I'm an old fert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's because I've seen so much.    I've seen so many posters come and go.    So many come in and post a lot, but then w/i the next year or so leave.    Ebb and flow, ebb and flow.    You may just be seeing an ebb right now.  

Plus, I respect several posters on here a ton, and I love to see what they have to say.    Maybe just learn who to listen to?  

• blueberryicedcoffee likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#17 oldschoolfan64

oldschoolfan64

• Moderators
  • 11,645 posts
  • LocationTexas Panhandle

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

I liked it better when we could post comments after the articles and not have to use a separate forum to comment.  But those days are apparently gone forever so this will have to do.

That had to be fixed, as those articles were the super highway for spam. The spam got so out of hand that every thread was full of them, and we were getting multiple complaints every single day about them. The way it used to be set up, anyone could post in the articles without having to register an account (Which is the screening process ) and spam bots were almost exceeding registered posters.

• Juggernaut likes this
Been a Dallas fan all my life...will remain a Dallas fan till I die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users