87 replies to this topic

#41 lordnate

lordnate

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Not the point.. DEZ when he played with a bad QB wasnt DEZ.. 

I would actually look at 60 catches and 750 yards in 15 games with BRYCE PETTY as a good year. Especially when DECKER was out

Your point isn't the reality though. Dez when he was injured wasn't Dez. Did you also note that Bryce Petty was only a 4 game starter last year? It was Ryan Fitzpatrick who started the most, which was 11 games. You didn't even know who the Jets starting QB was last year and its your argument we are talking about.

#42 lordnate

lordnate

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

Someone actually looked this stat up years ago.
HOF to miss playoffs 4 years in a row..

Surprisingly there were many .. 7/8 I believe

Past 6 years
2011/14/15 Eli had great years..
12/16 were ok
13 was horrible

We shall see what this year brings

You and I have different definitions of great. In 2014, his passer rating was 92.1. Brandon Weeden had a 92 passer rating for the Cowboys in 2015 playing in place of Romo and he was so bad we cut him. In 2015, Eli had a passer rating of 93.6 which is barely better, but was the highest passer rating of his career. In this era of the NFL we routinely get 5+ QBs a year with a passer rating above 100. Eli's stats would look great 20 years ago, but not today.

• kskboys likes this

#43 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

CBS is drugging my Romo!

#44 AnalyticsRUs

AnalyticsRUs

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

LOL.  Tony doesn't have 3 Super Bowl rings to shield him from Fan Hatred due to calling the Cowboys games without being a homer.  How long will it take for fans to really, really, really start despisin "ringless" Romo?

5a77e6a3d08533bd5c1e0256cdc3bed5--dallas

#45 nygiants516

nygiants516

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

You and I have different definitions of great. In 2014, his passer rating was 92.1. Brandon Weeden had a 92 passer rating for the Cowboys in 2015 playing in place of Romo and he was so bad we cut him. In 2015, Eli had a passer rating of 93.6 which is barely better, but was the highest passer rating of his career. In this era of the NFL we routinely get 5+ QBs a year with a passer rating above 100. Eli's stats would look great 20 years ago, but not today.

I respectfully disagree

#46 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

LOL.  Tony doesn't have 3 Super Bowl rings to shield him from Fan Hatred due to calling the Cowboys games without being a homer.  How long will it take for fans to really, really, really start despisin "ringless" Romo?

Only if they aren't really Cowboys Fans!

#47 PowerDraw

PowerDraw

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationArlington TX

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:51 AM

Tony is a commentator now. He has to say stuff like this lol. You know he's biased towards Dallas but will go out of his way to compliment the other NFCE teams just to appease the easily butthurt folk out there.

#48 Ultron

Ultron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

Tony is a commentator now. He has to say stuff like this lol. You know he's biased towards Dallas but will go out of his way to compliment the other NFCE teams just to appease the easily butthurt folk out there.

Yup it's the 'Aikman factor' when Troy became a commentator it's like he went out of his way to "show" he wasn't biased towards the Cowboys, so much so it sounded like he was rooting against the 'boys
  • PowerDraw and TexasStadium33 like this

#49 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

You may have missed a few small facts like.

2x SB winning QB 

2x SB MVP

and will likely end in top 5 for Yards, Tds.

200 games started in a row.

Lol. 2-time Super Bowl MVP. It was really epic of him to hold the Patriots to 17 points or less in two Super Bowls. Epic, I tell ya. 

Eli's ability to rush the passer? Unparalleled. Dude is virtually unblockable. 

• kskboys likes this

#50 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Yup it's the 'Aikman factor' when Troy became a commentator it's like he went out of his way to "show" he wasn't biased towards the Cowboys, so much so it sounded like he was rooting against the 'boys

Yes, and he's quite good at it. You'd think by now that he'd level off, though. 

Nope. Still going strong in his, 'look at me...clearly not rooting for the Cowboys, Ha ha ha. See. Clearly not' act. 

#51 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Considering how they went rogue on him last season, I get the impression that they're already there. 

#52 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,588 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

I see this mainly as respect being paid to a division rival with whom Romo had many memorable battles. Romo and Eli had some insane duels within their careers, and, with Romo being the class act that he is, I expect nothing less from him. I think it's a show of respect to Eli. I'd hope that Eli would say the same about Romo considering the battles they had with each other. 

New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#53 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Eli is so disrespected by Cowboy fans on this site.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#54 PowerDraw

PowerDraw

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationArlington TX

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

Eli is so disrespected by Cowboy fans on this site.

And Tony was and still is disrespected everywhere.

#55 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,588 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

And Tony was and still is disrespected everywhere.

Precisely, and Yet Romo was classy to Eli. Iʻd like to think that Eli will be just as classy and compliment Romo. We shall see if Romoʻs a bigger man than Eli.
New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#56 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:17 AM

Funny you would say that.

2011 NY Giants defense was ranked 27th that year.

Yet they won the SB..

ELI threw for 4900 yards and the most yards in playoffs EVER.

2007 They were ranked 7th..

ELI Did beat ROMO & Farve on the road & Undefeated BRADY

Did you like slip into a coma for the 2011 playoffs and not watch?    Because the D was amazing during that playoff run.    Eli was not.

• Juggernaut likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#57 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Romo said that? He must have taken more hits to the head than I realized. Of course he's paid big bucks to sit on the sidelines and be a non-homer. Irvin could learn a lesson from that   :). Aikman has learned well

#58 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

I wonder when we'll see an all-Dallas ex-player broadcasting crew. Maybe even an all-cowboy sports network like ESPN. Could we see a JJSN. Imagine, Aikman, Moose, Romo, Irvin all cowboys all the time with JJ being interviewed and Irvin licking his shoes 24 hours a day. Blasphemer!!

#59 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Ellie is an every-other-year QB or he used to be. Every-other-year he sucked. The tides may have changed though. He's pretty much sucked over the past two years. Passer rating just north of 90 for the past 3 years. Poor Ellie

#60 lordnate

lordnate

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Did you like slip into a coma for the 2011 playoffs and not watch?    Because the D was amazing during that playoff run.    Eli was not.

I agree. People who like to call Eli great use the regular season stats to judge that defense and only use post season success to judge Eli. Like somehow Eli didn't play in the regular season, but he played both offense and defense in the post season.

Giants 2007 Defense PPGA Season 21.9

Post season PPGA 16.3

Giants 2011 Defense PPGA Season 25.0

Post season PPGA 14.0

If you judge those defenses by regular season stats, you don't even remotely understand what that unit meant to those teams in the post season. I'll show the offensive numbers as well.

Giants 2007 Offense PPG Season 23.3

Post season PPG 21.3

Giants 2011 Offense PPG Season 24.6

Post season PPG 25.5

The Giants' offense didn't step up in the post season of either year. It played about the same as it did all year. It was their defense that was the difference.

• kskboys, Juggernaut and Techsass like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users