#1204 Harpospoke

Harpospoke

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

I wasn't aware he played Week 2.

Well the bright side is we are getting some good jokes from this.    Some guy on the Fan last night asked if the Denver game counts as a game toward Zeke's suspension.    :D

• Rogers likes this

#1205 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,278 posts
  • Location714

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

I wasn't aware he played Week 2.

Hahaha

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#1206 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

+ 1 for Raymond Burr

Never any doubt. It's not like Judge Mazzant would say, "I guess I screwed up, so go ahead and suspend him." lol.

We'll see what the appellate does (if anything right now).

• Haimerej likes this

#1207 Bleedin' Blue

Bleedin' Blue

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:05 AM

," Mazzant said in the decision Monday. "Oddly, the NFL is now seeking expedited relief from the Fifth Circuit without first waiting for the Court to rule on the identical issue. The irony is not lost on the Court." 

• Juggernaut, Dstar, Haimerej and 2 others like this

fan_cowboys_view_1296x729.jpg

Your D will look Fugly when you play the big Uglies.

#1208 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,613 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

Read my post carefully; contrast was with the Giants kicker who is white and plays for the team that Goodell cheers for loyally.

And my point is him being white is a non issue. What they did to Brady proves it. Nothing hurts a cause more than playing the race card where non exists. It destroys credibility where it's needed. 

Fight the good fight. But don't undermine your position by creating conspiracies where none exist.

• heathgs, mrsouthpaw and Harpospoke like this

DIKeVbDVwAAGXQi.jpg

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#1209 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,044 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

And my point is him being white is a non issue. What they did to Brady proves it. Nothing hurts a cause more than playing the race card where non exists. It destroys credibility where it's needed. 

Fight the good fight. But don't undermine your position by creating conspiracies where none exist.

The dog ate my homework excuse is now more credible than the race card it has been misused so often.

• Relayer and Harpospoke like this

#1210 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,456 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

snow pisses me off.

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#1211 Harpospoke

Harpospoke

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

," Mazzant said in the decision Monday. "Oddly, the NFL is now seeking expedited relief from the Fifth Circuit without first waiting for the Court to rule on the identical issue. The irony is not lost on the Court." 

Yet another example of double standard and inconsistency with the NFL.    It would be hard to think of things they haven't handled badly.

• capcomeback likes this

#1212 CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

The dog ate my homework excuse is now more credible than the race card it has been misused so often.

When I was a kid the dog did actually eat my homework.  Sucked for me.  

Nowadays kids don't even use excuses.  I don't assign a lot of homework, but when I do and they don't want to do it, they generally just tell me so.  Not like they or their parents care. 

#1213 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:20 AM

When I was a kid the dog did actually eat my homework.  Sucked for me.  

Nowadays kids don't even use excuses.  I don't assign a lot of homework, but when I do and they don't want to do it, they generally just tell me so.  Not like they or their parents care. 

I'd hate to be a teacher these days. Not because it's not a noble and worthwhile profession, but because of the "stage mom" attitude parents have today.

• Dstar and souporbowl like this

DIKeVbDVwAAGXQi.jpg

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#1214 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,456 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#1215 KMY Amber

KMY Amber

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

As a woman, and a Mom, I think Dak should sit 6 games...  From everything I've read, there was abuse there over an extended period of time, only the severity is at question, and how recent it was.

Men must learn, you just can't hit on women because you're bigger and stronger.

And where is Zeke's Mom in all of this????

All in all, the NFL is just a capitalist empire protecting its product (and who blames them?  that's what America is all about).  There's a lot of questionable characters playing in the NFL....because those people have talent and can make money for some owner, and for the league.  That's life....that's America....that's capitalism.  The dollar rules.  And, with capitalism, there will be winners and losers, not only in the NFL, but in life.  

#1216 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 15,456 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

As a woman, and a Mom, I think Dak should sit 6 games...  From everything I've read, there was abuse there over an extended period of time, only the severity is at question, and how recent it was.

All in all, the NFL is just a capitalist empire protecting its product (and who blames them?  that's what America is all about).  There's a lot of questionable characters playing in the NFL....because those people have talent and can make money for some owner, and for the league.  That's life....that's America....that's capitalism.  The dollar rules.  And, with capitalism, there will be winners and losers, not only in the NFL, but in life.  

You mean Zeke should sit 6 games (not Dak)?  As for Zeke's mom, why would we be aware of where she is in all this?  She's a player's mom - she's not calling press conferences. 

#1217 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

I don't know what happened so I'm not going to say you are right or wrong about Zeke. You've looked at the evidence and made your decision, and that's OK.

I do have one question for you. What do you think of the woman's behavior? To me it looks more like a scorned lover than anything else. I have known a couple of women who were in abusive relationships. I never saw any of them taunt the partner. They either put up with it with the hope of controlling it or, if they've got out they sure as hell didn't threaten to ruin the person, ask people to lie to ruin the person, or anything like that. That behavior I've seen from women who felt like they'd given their all and were used and dumped by the other person and wanted to make them pay.

I knew a woman that the guy was sentenced to 2 years in Dannemora NY for the beatings he gave her and the police when they arrived. When you see the TV shows talking about sending someone "upstate" that's where they mean. It's the max security prison in NY where they send the worse criminals. When he was getting out she moved to Maine, where people go to hide, because she was still afraid of what he'd do. No way she would have done anything to cause any trouble with that guy.

I've seen women who were in "abusive" relationships that they were the manipulators. They acted like this woman.

I've just never seen anyone who was in an abusive relationship act this way.

DIKeVbDVwAAGXQi.jpg

Darrell Royal

#1218 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

I don't know what happened so I'm not going to say you are right or wrong about Zeke. You've looked at the evidence and made your decision, and that's OK.

I do have one question for you. What do you think of the woman's behavior? To me it looks more like a scorned lover than anything else. I have known a couple of women who were in abusive relationships. I never saw any of them taunt the partner. They either put up with it with the hope of controlling it or, if they've got out they sure as hell didn't threaten to ruin the person, ask people to lie to ruin the person, or anything like that. That behavior I've seen from women who felt like they'd given their all and were used and dumped by the other person and wanted to make them pay.

I knew a woman that the guy was sentenced to 2 years in Dannemora NY for the beatings he gave her and the police when they arrived. When you see the TV shows talking about sending someone "upstate" that's where they mean. It's the max security prison in NY where they send the worse criminals. When he was getting out she moved to Maine, where people go to hide, because she was still afraid of what he'd do. No way she would have done anything to cause any trouble with that guy.

I've seen women who were in "abusive" relationships that they were the manipulators. They acted like this woman.

I've just never seen anyone who was in an abusive relationship act this way.

Agreed. I don't know what happened. In these kind of situations, its hard to know, but it is compounded by several things.

1. The credibility of the victim

2. Her demeanor

3. The lack of any witnesses

4. Her decision to stay with him in Florida after she made a questionable call to 911

4. Zeke's claim of innocence

5. Her stalking him

If the alleged victim hadn't lied about a number of things and threatened blackmail, I might be inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt, but there are too many things that don't add up for me to believe her.

Yes, the pictures have an emotional impact. I'm sure we would all be enraged and appalled to see our mothers, daughters or wives hurt in this way. I'm also sure that none of us would want our mother's daughters and wives to lie to police and threaten to blackmail people either.

#1219 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

Highlights from the latest Zeke Elliott summer camp...

https://www.youtube....h?v=RdnTvPBvXtY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users