26 replies to this topic

#1 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

I know that we have certain needs and wants but talent should always win out regardless of much else.

Christian Wilkins DT Clemson 6'4 320 LBs: He's a monster and can play anywhere on the DL, even on the ends and either 3-4 or 4-3. Now here is the main drawback. Maturity could be an issue. He is the player that likes to fondle players at the bottom of the pile and was caught on camera basically sexually assaulting an ohio state player. I don't know how to feel about those antics but as a player he's JJ Watt or Reggie White with he's ability.

Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame
Would we really want to take another first round offensive linemen? I'm not sure, but this guy is Zack Martin special. He just destroys guys vs the run or the pass. He would be tough to pass on.

Courtland Sutton WR SMU 6'3 205 LBs: A real threat to play oppsite of Dez and eventually replace Dez. A guy with deep speed and everything you need in a number 1 WR.

James Washington WR Oklahoma state 6-1 205 LBs: Everything I wrote for Sutton is true for Washington as well. He also has great return ability. He is my top second round prospect so far. Something about that name says Cowboys player lol.

Take your looks at these guys and give your thoughts. I haven't found any DBs that I like a whole lot yet but I know they are coming.
  • 5 Lombardis and Navy blue like this

#2 beware d-ware

beware d-ware

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

I hate Courtland Sutton's tape. The dude literally only runs 2 routes.

r0nferno6hcknej1omkj.gif

#3 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Wilkins is my pet cat. So what if grabs someone on the nuts.
  • PC Principal and Beaker42 like this

#4 Beaker42

Beaker42

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

My early pet cat  -  Joel Iyiegbuniwe LB from Western Ky.  Kid is a baller.  

#5 QCE

QCE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

Put me down for Vita Vea in the 1st.
  • Alpha Dak and Navy blue like this

#6 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

My pet cat is LG Quentin Nelson but its a long shot that we draft him. 

#7 Oreycsg

Oreycsg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,595 posts
  • LocationThe road to the HoF

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

I love myself some:

Equanimeous St.Brown
Josh Sweat
Jerome Baker
Marcus Allen
Ralph Webb
Royce Freeman

Those are my cats

SPEED at Corner

STRENGTH on the Line

Our Backers hit HARD

This STAR is gonna shine!

963ff48f5aabea8ace1d0bef918ab97b.jpg

#8 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

I love myself some:

Equanimeous St.Brown
Josh Sweat
Jerome Baker
Marcus Allen
Ralph Webb
Royce Freeman

Those are my cats

Damn you're like a cat-lady lol

• THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY likes this

#9 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Anybody from the University of Texas.
...GO LONGHORNS...

#10 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

Saquon Barkley is an absolute stud RB from PSU.

We could draft him, trade Zeke and his issues, and never think twice about it.

I wonder what we could get for Zeke in a trade while he's still under his rookie contract? I guessing a lot. 

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

FIGHT!

#11 QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

I wonder what we could get for Zeke in a trade while he's still under his rookie contract? I guessing a lot.

The only problem is see is that Barkley is so good that he'll likely be a top 5 pick, and unless Kellen Moore starts I don't see us having a top 5 pick to grab him.

I would do this in a heartbeat though.

#12 cnuball21

cnuball21

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,813 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Wow - trade our 2nd year RB who has already been an all pro and rushing champ?

That seems pretty aggressive.
  • PC Principal and beware d-ware like this

#13 5 Lombardis

5 Lombardis

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

...GO LONGHORNS...

Hopefully we'll be drafting low enough so that Connor Williams is off the board.  Maybe Malik Jefferson will have a good enough junior year to justify a late first round selection.

#14 5 Lombardis

5 Lombardis

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

I know that we have certain needs and wants but talent should always win out regardless of much else.

Christian Wilkins DT Clemson 6'4 320 LBs: He's a monster and can play anywhere on the DL, even on the ends and either 3-4 or 4-3. Now here is the main drawback. Maturity could be an issue. He is the player that likes to fondle players at the bottom of the pile and was caught on camera basically sexually assaulting an ohio state player. I don't know how to feel about those antics but as a player he's JJ Watt or Reggie White with he's ability.

Would we really want to take another first round offensive linemen? I'm not sure, but this guy is Zack Martin special. He just destroys guys vs the run or the pass. He would be tough to pass on.

Courtland Sutton WR SMU 6'3 205 LBs: A real threat to play oppsite of Dez and eventually replace Dez. A guy with deep speed and everything you need in a number 1 WR.

James Washington WR Oklahoma state 6-1 205 LBs: Everything I wrote for Sutton is true for Washington as well. He also has great return ability. He is my top second round prospect so far. Something about that name says Cowboys player lol.

Take your looks at these guys and give your thoughts. I haven't found any DBs that I like a whole lot yet but I know they are coming.

I like your list.  We're all hoping and expecting that the Boys will be drafting towards the end of the first round.  I think Wilkins will be gone by then, but everyone else on your list would be a possible first round selection including Washington whom I don't think will last until we pick in the second.

#15 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

...GO LONGHORNS...

Who's good there?

#16 pappydog4444

pappydog4444

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

LOL....what another off-line man in the rd 1 ......you must be joking......DEFENSE...is the only game in town....

• PC Principal likes this

#17 PC Principal

PC Principal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

LOL....what another off-line man in the rd 1 ......you must be joking......DEFENSE...is the only game in town....

Yes he is!!!! I know what you mean about do we really want to draft another 1st round offensive lineman. I would think not but if this guy is on the board when we pick and we don't take him I will be screaming unless there is a stud defensive player also available. Goodness Nelson just beats people up badly. With where we should be drafting, he should be in reach where we pick or where we would trade up for. Oh, but let me be clear. I don't think we will get him, even if he is there. I think another position with a dominant enough player will be there for us. 

#18 cnuball21

cnuball21

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,813 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:13 AM

I'm in no way advocating a WR pick, but have yall' seen James Washington? Just me or is that dude a 6'0 Dez clone?

Strong and physical WR who attacks the football with great body control. Like Dez, limited in his routes and a little raw but man he goes and gets the football when it's in the air.

I guess it also helps that he wears the OKST black and orange. 

#19 DanAn

DanAn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

I really feel like the 2nd or 3rd round would be a good spot for us to get a guard. I'd take Nelson in a heartbeat in the1st but I doubt he makes it outside the top 20. Guys like Price, Clapp, and Ragnow though are intriguing IMO, I like them because they have the position flex to play center and when you combine that with Green who's able to play either tackle or guard, it gives us coverage for one injury pretty much anywhere along the line. Plus I think these three are just genuinely talented players.

#20 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,586 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Put me down for Vita Vea in the 1st.

Yes please! Heʻs one big DLineman!
New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg