You are here

Photo

Did i miss something or did the experts say the pats would not loose this season

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 krs1bro

krs1bro

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Typical NFL news crap.....With NE. We get the same ol news every week with these guys and its a dam shame. The worse one  of the bunch is Peter King. I think his head is so far up Belichecks ass I forgot what this ass hole actually looked like. The so called " experts" have written off Dallas. I would love to see DC go undefeated and see what they say then.

• One ✭ Star likes this

#2 charleshaleyfan

charleshaleyfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

I'm a diehard Pats fan.  They have so many great players are have the most excellent Coaching.

They looked "drained" and lethargic.  Cannot explain it.

We get the Chiefs down the road.  

Cannot predict the Boys season.  Have to stay in the present moment.  It's a long, long season.  Glad predictions are just that.  Still have to go out and play each game.  Love the Boys and want the best for them.

#3 Pompey Cowboy

Pompey Cowboy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:51 AM

They didn't loose, they lost.

• Juggernaut, nhcowboyfan, THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY and 1 other like this

#4 sittler

sittler

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationFar north of Dallas

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

The great ones fell.  You mean the talking heads can be wrong?  Hmm...,maybe the Cowboys have a chance after all!

#5 ItzKelz2

ItzKelz2

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,073 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

What did the experts say about the Cowboys?

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#6 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

I'm a diehard Pats fan. They have so many great players are have the most excellent Coaching.
They looked "drained" and lethargic. Cannot explain it.

Cannot predict the Boys season. Have to stay in the present moment. It's a long, long season. Glad predictions are just that. Still have to go out and play each game. Love the Boys and want the best for them.

You woryying about the cheifs down the road, you better be worried about the other 15 teams and the rest of the season.

The pats could be about to fall off the map and you are talking bigtime like yall still got it in the bag.

Yall have had yalls run, its the beginning of the end.
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#7 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,789 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

I used to point out how the successful teams lost, too. I then realized it didn't help the Cowboys win, and that is what I really want. There are ~14-16 losers each week. Does that make you feel better when the Cowboys lose? Does Detroit and Cleveland being unable to go to or win playoff games make you feel better about the Cowboys struggling to make playoffs or win in them?
  • Grandpaw_G_Bundy, hadenough and TexasStadium33 like this

#8 scrapz

scrapz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

I hate to break it to you but they win all the time.  With Brady they have gone to 11 AFC title games.  Think about that.  The Cowboys haven't been to one in 21 years! KC was good last year and are still a young team going into a stadium of a team that freaking just won the superbowl when they were down 28-3 in the 3rd quarter.  Not tough to say that they have a high probability of winning their opener after revealing their 5th banner in the stadium.  You are over dramatic.

Edit: On top of that until the Patriots start losing games and do it consistently the thought process on them is never going to change and until the Cowboys can be consistent themselves, which I think they will be, they won't get the love that you want from the national media.  They have been on one of the if not the best team in portraying Jekyll and Hyde in the league.

#9 sittler

sittler

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationFar north of Dallas

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

I used to point out how the successful teams lost, too. I then realized it didn't help the Cowboys win, and that is what I really want. There are ~14-16 losers each week. Does that make you feel better when the Cowboys lose? Does Detroit and Cleveland being unable to go to or win playoff games make you feel better about the Cowboys struggling to make playoffs or win in them?

I do know I feel better when the Eagles lose.  No doubt about that.

That being said, the point of this thread is not the Patriots.  It's the talking heads who had them waltzing through the season and winning the SB.  These same talking heads who are predicting Dallas to be a 9-7 type team.  The same talking heads that predicted in 2014 that Dallas would be lucky to win 5 games.  In other words - Who cares what they think, they're wrong all the time, don't let their predictions affect you.

• heathgs likes this

#10 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,789 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

I do know I feel better when the Eagles lose. No doubt about that.

That being said, the point of this thread is not the Patriots. It's the talking heads who had them waltzing through the season and winning the SB. These same talking heads who are predicting Dallas to be a 9-7 type team. The same talking heads that predicted in 2014 that Dallas would be lucky to win 5 games. In other words - Who cares what they think, they're wrong all the time, don't let their predictions affect you.

The talking heads also say Zeke is best running back. Hunt looks unstoppable after last night .

#11 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

I'm a diehard Pats fan. They have so many great players are have the most excellent Coaching.
They looked "drained" and lethargic. Cannot explain it.

Cannot predict the Boys season. Have to stay in the present moment. It's a long, long season. Glad predictions are just that. Still have to go out and play each game. Love the Boys and want the best for them.

A die-hard Pats fan? That's Bigamy. So if the Cowboys lose this Sunday you'll have double heartache?

#12 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

yeah but can Hunt kick his girl friends butt.

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#13 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,181 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I live in New England. This was awesome for me. The fan base is unbearable. And it's going to be great to see them turn on Brady again and start screaming for garapolo again!! Worst fanbase in the NFL after the Giants and eagles.
  • sulu1701, Godfather and Hennessy_King like this

#14 cowboyJohn

cowboyJohn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:52 PM

No because not everything revolves around the Cowboys. People are capable of being fans of the game and watching those games and talking about the story lines. It doesn't have to relate back to the Cowboys individual success and we are allowed to talk about other teams. 

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Cowboys and their playoff success. I would suggest you find another hobby and temper it, because if they don't win this season, I would hate to see you standing on the side of a bridge somewhere. I mean that seriously. I made this choice years ago - to be a fan but not to base my entire life happiness on their success. It's unhealthy.

• Reid1boy likes this

#15 Boys33

Boys33

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

Come on, for many years now the Pats can count on being 6-0 in the AFC l'east - or at least very close. That's a big help to getting a bye and home field in the playoffs. Wish we had a cupcake division like that.
  • Juggernaut and Hennessy_King like this

#16 scrapz

scrapz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Come on, for many years now the Pats can count on being 6-0 in the AFC l'east - or at least very close. That's a big help to getting a bye and home field in the playoffs. Wish we had a cupcake division like that.

Their division has been weak, sure.  However, I do suggest looking at their winning percentage against winning teams.  Pretty damn good.

#17 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,789 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

No because not everything revolves around the Cowboys. People are capable of being fans of the game and watching those games and talking about the story lines. It doesn't have to relate back to the Cowboys individual success and we are allowed to talk about other teams. 

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Cowboys and their playoff success. I would suggest you find another hobby and temper it, because if they don't win this season, I would hate to see you standing on the side of a bridge somewhere. I mean that seriously. I made this choice years ago - to be a fan but not to base my entire life happiness on their success. It's unhealthy.

And you seem to be obsessed with playing internet psychologist. I mean seriously, if you aren't mature enough to handle other posters' opinions then stay off the internet or learn how to use the ignore feature. 

And if people want to talk about other football teams there is a forum designed to do just that.

We have had a cupcake division, just nobody has been able to take advantage of it like the Patriots have taken advantage of theirs.

• hadenough likes this

#18 hadenough

hadenough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • LocationDuval County

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

The chiefs now have some playmakers on offense and a very good defense. This is how I wish the Cowboys were built. I didn't hear much mention of online for the chiefs. Kareem Hunt is very good back and the coach used him creatively so they don't need a line full of all pros and Tyrek Hill can't be covered unlike Dez. They have used thier draft picks to build the defense.
I believe that's what you call a balanced team!
  • heathgs likes this

#19 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

yeah but can Hunt kick his girl friends butt.

Whyyy, just why!
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#20 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

They didn't loose, they lost.

Hate to harp on a grammar point, but seeing 'loose' in place of 'lose' happens at an unnerving level in general internet lingo. 

Unnerving, I tell ya. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users