You are here

Photo

Did i miss something or did the experts say the pats would not loose this season

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

No because not everything revolves around the Cowboys. People are capable of being fans of the game and watching those games and talking about the story lines. It doesn't have to relate back to the Cowboys individual success and we are allowed to talk about other teams. 

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Cowboys and their playoff success. I would suggest you find another hobby and temper it, because if they don't win this season, I would hate to see you standing on the side of a bridge somewhere. I mean that seriously. I made this choice years ago - to be a fan but not to base my entire life happiness on their success. It's unhealthy.

You don't have an unhealthy obsession w/ the Cowboys and their playoff success?  I do.   I think if you're not obsessed enough to care if we win or lose, especially in the playoffs, then maybe it's you who need to find another hobby.  

• heathgs likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#22 Average Bot

Average Bot

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

yeah but can Hunt kick his girl friends butt.

You should know.

#23 pappydog4444

pappydog4444

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Pats are gorged with Success and Superbowls.....there cooked and done.....wish we had the same problem.....

#24 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

What did the experts say about the Cowboys?

Many of them are saying average season. Every time I turn around it is 8-8 9-7, maybe even an occasional 10-6. 

Lets hope Dak, once again proves them wrong. He has blown all other expectations out of the water thus far. 

#25 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,084 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

I'm a diehard Pats fan.  They have so many great players are have the most excellent Coaching.

They looked "drained" and lethargic.  Cannot explain it.

We get the Chiefs down the road.  

Cannot predict the Boys season.  Have to stay in the present moment.  It's a long, long season.  Glad predictions are just that.  Still have to go out and play each game.  Love the Boys and want the best for them.

They looked like they did for 2+ quarters in the SB.  Then they lose their best WR, and Edelman replacement, to a concussion and he had 2 last season.  To top it off, they lose the best player in the front 7, which is not as good as our front 7.

Think ole Booger should call Belichick and talk trade for Beasley or Switzer?  They're the most slot WR dependent team in the league.

I am glad to see Trey Flowers doing well as I wanted him and thought Booger might take him since he's seen him play about every game and he's a high character guy.  He stayed his senior season to help his HC out knowing it probably wouldn't improve his draft position but the D needed his leadership.

Man, did Brady and Belichick look human last night.  Damned Chiefs aren't scared of anybody and they've got something in their rookie, Hunt.  Traded up to get him and they lose Ware on the same night the Pats lose Edelman.

#26 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

You woryying about the cheifs down the road, you better be worried about the other 15 teams and the rest of the season.

The pats could be about to fall off the map and you are talking bigtime like yall still got it in the bag.

Yall have had yalls run, its the beginning of the end.

There is a long season ahead and I don't think Brady is ready to give up yet. He did not have a good game. Completion % was way down. Somehow I have to give credit to KC's D. Their offense came alive in the 4th and put NE away. Those Brady sacks didn't hurt. Lethargic or not, the Pats lost fair and square. No ref "change the outcome of the game" call. Just good football and the chiefs came out on top. KC played 60 minutes of football. 

• Reid1boy likes this

#27 nhcowboyfan

nhcowboyfan

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

I live in New England. This was awesome for me. The fan base is unbearable. And it's going to be great to see them turn on Brady again and start screaming for garapolo again!! Worst fanbase in the NFL after the Giants and eagles.

I agree.  I too live in New England and it is amazing how the majority of them are so ignorant about football.  Most of them can't name players on the team outside of Brady, Gronk, Edelman, and Hightower.   Could hardly see a diehard Pats fan in NH prior to 2000, but after winning a couple of Super Bowls, they all suddenly came out of the closet. 

• cwbyfan88 likes this

#28 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,084 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

There is a long season ahead and I don't think Brady is ready to give up yet. He did not have a good game. Completion % was way down. Somehow I have to give credit to KC's D. Their offense came alive in the 4th and put NE away. Those Brady sacks didn't hurt. Lethargic or not, the Pats lost fair and square. No ref "change the outcome of the game" call. Just good football and the chiefs came out on top. KC played 60 minutes of football. 

Yeah they did.  That game could have gotten out of hand after Hunt's fumble and they stood tall in a tough place to play.

I am not really a fan, kind of indifferent to the Chiefs, but I have always had a soft spot for Alex Smith and how he's been treated.  The man had 5 different OC's in his first 5 seasons and the fans and media were really down on him being the #1 pick.

• kskboys likes this

#29 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,463 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

I seem to be one of the few who thinks Brady is just a tic slower and doesn't have much time left.   He's already 40.     Few more hits like that, and he'll be on IR. 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#30 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Tx

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

How many of NE defensive starters are gone from last yr's squad? Because, man, that was the worst defensive performance by a Belichick led defense that I've ever seen in my 35+yrs of watching football. You have to understand, this is the former DC of the great Giants defenses of the 80s, early 90s that shut down Montana, Elway & Kelly & put many QBs on the disabled list. He has had great defenses in NE as well when they won most of their SBs. But this D, last night looked very weak vs both the run & the pass. I'm willing to give em a pass for 1 game, but if Brees & the Saints O light em up again next week, it might be a long season for this NE team.

I'm not ready to crown KC as the AFC SB favorite yet, but wow, they looked great last night on both sides of the ball. I'm glad that the Walrus is not our former coach, Hunt woulda been benched after that fumble if he played for us back then. 

Back in 2014, KC demolished NE as well like back in week 4 of that yr, we all know how that went.

#31 cowboysfan1237

cowboysfan1237

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Come on, for many years now the Pats can count on being 6-0 in the AFC l'east - or at least very close. That's a big help to getting a bye and home field in the playoffs. Wish we had a cupcake division like that.

In our 8-8 seasons, the NFCE was a cupcake division. And that includes the 9-7 Giants Superbowl win.

• heathgs likes this

#32 nhcowboyfan

nhcowboyfan

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

In our 8-8 seasons, the NFCE was a cupcake division. And that includes the 9-7 Giants Superbowl win.

Wait, you are comparing three seasons when we finished 8-8 to 15+ years of mediocre performance by the other three teams that make up the AFC East.  And by your own admission, in one of those years, the cupcake NY Giants won the Super Bowl. 

Interesting fact:  Since the division realignment, 15 years ago (2002), the Patriots have won the division 13 times.  The Jets one it back in 2002, and the Dolphins in 2008.  I think Alabama and Ohio State could fare just as well as the pathetic Jets, Bills, and Dolphins.

• Reid1boy likes this

#33 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

Wait, you are comparing three seasons when we finished 8-8 to 15+ years of mediocre performance by the other three teams that make up the AFC East. And by your own admission, in one of those years, the cupcake NY Giants won the Super Bowl.
Interesting fact: Since the division realignment, 15 years ago (2002), the Patriots have won the division 13 times. The Jets one it back in 2002, and the Dolphins in 2008. I think Alabama and Ohio State could fare just as well as the pathetic Jets, Bills, and Dolphins.

Nobody has stepped up to take control of a pretty weak NFC East division in the past decade. There hasn't even been a repeat division title winner during that time. It's been there for a team to dominate but no one could.

#34 Pape

Pape

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

I live in New England. This was awesome for me. The fan base is unbearable. And it's going to be great to see them turn on Brady again and start screaming for garapolo again!! Worst fanbase in the NFL after the Giants and eagles.

I hate posts like this. You make it sound like all New England fans get in your face and scream about how great they are.

Worst fan base .... get real. Right now Pats fans are on a tremendous run - and 99.9% of the fans realize this. Then you go and take the .1% and generalize that the whole fan base is "unbearable" - Guess what, thats how every fan base is. Get bent

• Reid1boy likes this

NEP, NFL Record 9 Super Bowl appearances, 5 x Super Bowl Champions

xx, xxxi, XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, xlii, xlvi, XLIX, LI

proud attendee of Super Bowls 36, 38 & 39

#35 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

I went to the NE/Dal game in 2011 and I had a great time with the NE fans.

#36 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

No because not everything revolves around the Cowboys. People are capable of being fans of the game and watching those games and talking about the story lines. It doesn't have to relate back to the Cowboys individual success and we are allowed to talk about other teams. 

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Cowboys and their playoff success. I would suggest you find another hobby and temper it, because if they don't win this season, I would hate to see you standing on the side of a bridge somewhere. I mean that seriously. I made this choice years ago - to be a fan but not to base my entire life happiness on their success. It's unhealthy.

i went to 8 cowboy games all over the country last year with my wife and daughters, including the playoff loss. losing sucks, but i wouldnt change last year for nothing. i made awesome memories with my family........ including tying one on in cleveland with my kids:) closing down the bar on saturday night with some guys we met from Houston. Ive coCHES FOR 20YEARS, AND MY MOTTO IS NOW THAT THE GAME CAN NOT ONLY BE FUN WHEN YOU WIN. (sorry bout caps) if it is your motto... why you watching the Cowboys, they havent won in 20 years.Go do something else.

#37 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

The chiefs now have some playmakers on offense and a very good defense. This is how I wish the Cowboys were built. I didn't hear much mention of online for the chiefs. Kareem Hunt is very good back and the coach used him creatively so they don't need a line full of all pros and Tyrek Hill can't be covered unlike Dez. They have used thier draft picks to build the defense.
I believe that's what you call a balanced team!

and for all their greatness, what have the chiefs done in the past..... 40 freaking years?

#38 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

You don't have an unhealthy obsession w/ the Cowboys and their playoff success?  I do.   I think if you're not obsessed enough to care if we win or lose, especially in the playoffs, then maybe it's you who need to find another hobby.  

im as big a fan as anyone.... but i have learned to get over losses that dont impact my life. I used to not talk to anyone and be in a ****ty mood for the rest of the day when we lost...... including being grumpy with my amazing wife. Glad to say I ave grown up from those days.

#39 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

I hate posts like this. You make it sound like all New England fans get in your face and scream about how great they are.

Worst fan base .... get real. Right now Pats fans are on a tremendous run - and 99.9% of the fans realize this. Then you go and take the .1% and generalize that the whole fan base is "unbearable" - Guess what, thats how every fan base is. Get bent

Cowboys fans are the worst.... not because they know less, are arrogant.... fill in whatever adjective you want.... be there are more of us than any fan base in the NFL...... we are the most annoying because we literally comprise of 30%of EVERY STADIUM we play in(sometimes more than 50% Cleveland and SF last year). We arent exactly gracious when leaving after a win either. BUT, that is simply how the NFL and their fans are.

#40 DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

They may not loose so that must mean they will stay tight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users