#1 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,487 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

First game away from Dallas he gets himself an INT for 20 yards.

:angry:

#2 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:59 PM

Typical.

#3 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

All the pictures anyone will remember are of him being burned as a Cowboy.

#4 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Its the coaching. Our coaching blows. Id really like to see how this team response with a revamped coaching staff who has better ideas.
  • ShutUp&Play, Aerolithe_Lion, PowerDraw and 2 others like this
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#5 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,045 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

Imagine that. I hope he gets 1 a game. He didn't do it here, so if he can do it somewhere else, more power to him.

How did Claiborne do?

#6 Awesomesauce

Awesomesauce

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

It wasn't all that impressive of an int. He just happened to be in the right area after a tipped ball.

#7 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Amazing what being part of a complete D will do for a player. 

It's not the coaching, it's the surrounding talent.  We have like 1 player who would start for BALT. 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#8 ShutUp&Play

ShutUp&Play

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

I don't think BCarr is surrounded by better players in Balt. I think he plays in a system that is more fundamentally sounder than ours?

Balt plays a system on D that is geared to hunt QBs...in todays offensive schemes? Our D is basically designed to hunt QBs as if this was 15 years ago. Our D coaches are not imaginative whatsoever, we have no NEW wrinkles since the inception of this D and its so much film out there on how to exploit it, its ridiculous! 

RodM could pull up to a stadium in 3 years from now....he wont blitz, he wont jam WRs and will let them run slants, digs, seams ALL day long, he will drop his Mike in coverage 15-20 yards off the ball even though there is not more than 4 Mikes on the planet that can cover these types of TEs now....coupled with the NFL changing the rules not allowing you to kill a guy in the seam?? A QB knows the entire field is WIDE open???

And I don't care what someone says TJ Watt should have been the 1st pick that kid is a BALLER pure and simple you could put him in ANY scheme infact he could allow your scheme to evolve into a hybrid on the fly!! Stupid to pass on him!!

#9 ShutUp&Play

ShutUp&Play

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

It's not the coaching, it's the surrounding talent.  We have like 1 player who would start for BALT. 

Collins, Lee, Jaylon, Orlando could certainly start for Balt!

• Relayer likes this

#10 Blackthorn

Blackthorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, the Baltimore defense blew away the Cowboys last year. A complete Defense 17 - 27 Final

​one player, lol

#11 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

I don't think BCarr is surrounded by better players in Balt. I think he plays in a system that is more fundamentally sounder than ours?

Balt plays a system on D that is geared to hunt QBs...in todays offensive schemes? Our D is basically designed to hunt QBs as if this was 15 years ago. Our D coaches are not imaginative whatsoever, we have no NEW wrinkles since the inception of this D and its so much film out there on how to exploit it, its ridiculous! 

RodM could pull up to a stadium in 3 years from now....he wont blitz, he wont jam WRs and will let them run slants, digs, seams ALL day long, he will drop his Mike in coverage 15-20 yards off the ball even though there is not more than 4 Mikes on the planet that can cover these types of TEs now....coupled with the NFL changing the rules not allowing you to kill a guy in the seam?? A QB knows the entire field is WIDE open???

And I don't care what someone says TJ Watt should have been the 1st pick that kid is a BALLER pure and simple you could put him in ANY scheme infact he could allow your scheme to evolve into a hybrid on the fly!! Stupid to pass on him!!

OK, now you're just being silly!!!   Jimmy Smith, CJ Mosely, Eric Weddle, Brandon Williams, Terrell Suggs, Ladarius Webb.    We're not even in the same stratosphere. 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#12 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 43,698 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, the Baltimore defense blew away the Cowboys last year. A complete Defense 17 - 27 Final

​one player, lol

Not getting what point you're trying to make.  Sorry. 

#13 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,045 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

He almost had a 2nd interception off a tip but let the defensive lineman catch it. 

#14 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 27,487 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

Its the coaching. Our coaching blows. Id really like to see how this team response with a revamped coaching staff who has better ideas.

We got one the first game and 3 sacks with him gone. 

Our D actually caused more turnovers in preseason without him.

#15 ShutUp&Play

ShutUp&Play

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

OK, now you're just being silly!!!   Jimmy Smith, CJ Mosely, Eric Weddle, Brandon Williams, Terrell Suggs, Ladarius Webb.    We're not even in the same stratosphere. 

Bro TSizzle has torn his Achilles twice...Jimmy Smith is NOT a cb that's why they moved him to S. Eric Weddle OMG the most overrated FS in the L....Ladarius Webb sure all 5'8" of him...Brandon Williams I like!

But Orlando, Lee, Collins and Jaylon could and would start on that D.

#16 Ultron

Ultron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

Baltimore defense is garbage, we'd hang 31 on them. Interceptions are all about being in the right place at the right time, he caught a ball that was deflected

#17 QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

OK, now you're just being silly!!! Jimmy Smith, CJ Mosely, Eric Weddle, Brandon Williams, Terrell Suggs, Ladarius Webb. We're not even in the same stratosphere.

To be fair Jimmy Smith is out for the season and Ladarius Webb wouldn't even start on our team.

They do have Jefferson, Humphries, and Bowser though.

They have so much edge talent that they had to make Tim Williams inactive on Sunday.

#18 buck8822

buck8822

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

Baltimore has a defensive cordinator from this century. They get after the QB and don't make the dbs cover for hours back there
  • TexasStadium33 likes this

#19 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

All the pictures anyone will remember are of him being burned as a Cowboy.

My memory of Carr is him stepping in front of a Roth pass to literally STEEL a win against Pittsburgh. Would've been a picksix if he'd DOVE for the end zone instead of [seemingly] waiting to be tackled at the 1 yard line. 

I've said over and over, Dallas is a graveyard for FA. They come here and die. But, if they leave soon enough, they can save their careers elsewhere. 

This is another confirmation of my beliefs. 

#20 TexasStadium33

TexasStadium33

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

Baltimore defense is garbage, we'd hang 31 on them. Interceptions are all about being in the right place at the right time, he caught a ball that was deflected

Part of 'getting lucky' is simply making your own luck. How many passes do the Cowboys tip per year, 5? We drop one of them, and aren't in position to pick the other 3. 

Our INT numbers are traditionally low because we never make our own luck on defense. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users