• Signalman Chief and Dr. T like this

#2 The Vaquero

The Vaquero

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

i dont like this game... there are no easy wins.

"I'd rather play with 10 people ... until we have to do something else, rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team." - H.O.F. Mike Singletary

#3 Trout31

Trout31

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,616 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

I smell 2-0, guys!

Short week for Denver!

• heathgs, eceejay and dhal22 like this

#4 Turkish Cowboy

Turkish Cowboy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, Turkey

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

Short week for Denver!

Yeah and weather-wise a very good time to play Denver on the road. They have a nice crop of receivers and a solid defense, though. Is it certain who their first QB is now?

#5 Weeden4MVP

Weeden4MVP

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

Always a tough place to play and we haven't beaten them in a long time.  If Tom Brady has historically struggled there, then I'm not going to pretend to be super confident either. 

ViGgHuIB.gif

jason-garrett-wiffs-on-3-straight-high-f

#6 The Vaquero

The Vaquero

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:46 AM

Always a tough place to play and we haven't beaten them in a long time.  If Tom Brady has historically struggled there, then I'm not going to pretend to be super confident either. 

lmao ... great profile pic ! 

"I'd rather play with 10 people ... until we have to do something else, rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team." - H.O.F. Mike Singletary

#7 DakBringMeBack

DakBringMeBack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

i dont like this game... there are no easy wins.

I don't either. Hopefully they look really good tomorrow night or really lousy and we know what we are getting

#8 Dr. T

Dr. T

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,762 posts
  • LocationRocky Mountains

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

I am going to this game, we will win 24 to 17

#9 Garrett4Prez

Garrett4Prez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

I expect this to be another Defensive driven game for both teams. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we are held to 21 or fewer again. All I care about is the W though

#10 DakBringMeBack

DakBringMeBack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

early lines I'm seeing are us favored by 2 and 2.5

#11 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,085 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

GO COWBOYS!

• 408Cowboy likes this

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#12 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,085 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

The Cowboys get Monday off and they get to watch their Week 2 opponent, Broncos, play tomorrow night on MNF:

OiWhpxa.png

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#13 DDdave2

DDdave2

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

My only concern will be the early season conditioning at the Denver altitude. Will have make rotations frequently.
  • TexasTriumph likes this

"Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball"

#14 oldschoolfan64

oldschoolfan64

• Moderators
  • 11,645 posts
  • LocationTexas Panhandle

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:30 AM

Denver still has a great Defense, and we have yet to see what Lynch can do at QB. This is no pushover team, and if Dallas' Offense doesn't play better than it did against the Giants...it may be a tough one.

My only concern will be the early season conditioning at the Denver altitude. Will have make rotations frequently.

This may be a concern in more ways than one. Higher altitude will make passing the ball different...and if Dak doesn't get those passes down from the Giants' game...he may be throwing the ball to N.M.

Been a Dallas fan all my life...will remain a Dallas fan till I die.

#15 DakZekeDez

DakZekeDez

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:47 AM

Similar team to team we just beat, only difference is the QB is even worse and less experienced, whether it's 7th round talent Siemian or extremely raw Lynch. Bad offensive line, bad running game, and a couple good receivers just like with NYG.

Defense is DEN's specialty, but the running game for us should be significantly easier because they play a 3-4. Cowboys tend to run exceptionally well against 3-4 defenses, the difference is quite staggering actually. The issue is that deeper passing is difficult, but if you match up a speed receiver with Talib then Talib will break and commit fouls, he's 31 and never was really a speed corner.

• eceejay and Pompey Cowboy like this

#16 Fan08

Fan08

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

The most impressive thing, I think, about the game was not the win, because the game was fairly sloppy on the offensive side.  It was  the game plan the Dallas coaching staff put together; the no-huddle offense took the giants conditioning to task, wearing down the defense in the first half, taking the speed out of their front four.   OBJ, loving on Beaze's catch from the sideline, was fortunate.  

Beware the Star that Rides the Dark Horse, for Hell follows with him!!!

#17 unclefruitbat72

unclefruitbat72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

I smell 2-0, guys!

I smell Collins getting flagged 4 times on the night . They better help him out when Von Miller lines up on his side. 

#18 Gremell12

Gremell12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

I like this matchup, denvers interior run defense is not anything to shiver about. Last year they got gashed in the run game quite a bit. Also, whoever plays qb sunday (based on this Mondays game maybe, althought most likely it looks like simien) im way more comfortable against then Eli but they do have some weapons if they can get them the ball (anderson isnt bad, demaryous thomas and emmaul sanders obviously and then jamaal charles and d angelo henderson). Their o line doesnt look like it will be too bad but not good either. They got leary and drafted a first round right tackle so we will see monday how they look!

#19 ThomasJ

ThomasJ

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Our dbs will be tested this game because they will throw deep with Thomas no doubt.

#20 Northern_Cowboy

Northern_Cowboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,305 posts
  • LocationNorth of Dallas

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Short week for Denver!

Ya but they are at home the entire time, not as big a deal as if they were on the road tonight and i'm pretty sure their offense will be alot better than the one we saw vs the giants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users