121 replies to this topic

#21 Cowboy Eric

Cowboy Eric

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Von Miller is worrisome...can't let him gain confidence in this game.

I like this match-up over-all,its always tough in Denver....but as long as we win turn-overs and stop the run,making them 1 dimensional on offense....I think we can win up there in a tough one....21-17,17-14 type game.Gotta keep feeding Zeke and not have empty trips in the red zone.

#22 Dr. T

Dr. T

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts
  • LocationRocky Mountains

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

Denver still has a great Defense, and we have yet to see what Lynch can do at QB. This is no pushover team, and if Dallas' Offense doesn't play better than it did against the Giants...it may be a tough one.

This may be a concern in more ways than one. Higher altitude will make passing the ball different...and if Dak doesn't get those passes down from the Giants' game...he may be throwing the ball to N.M.

Paxton Lynch is injured. trevor Semian is the QB.

the offense of Denver stinks, the defense is decent but THEY ARE VERY BEATABLE.

They did finish at 9-7 last season with that so called
"great defense"

• mrsouthpaw likes this

#23 oldschoolfan64

oldschoolfan64

• Moderators
  • 11,860 posts
  • LocationTexas Panhandle

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

Paxton Lynch is injured. trevor Semian is the QB.

the offense of Denver stinks, the defense is decent but THEY ARE VERY BEATABLE.

They did finish at 9-7 last season with that so called
"great defense"

Last year's record is a bit misleading, as those losses were to very good teams. Oakland, New England, Atlanta, KC... Two of those teams were in the Super Bowl last year, and Oakland and KC were play off teams. I wouldn't underestimate them this year...I think that would be a mistake.

Been a Dallas fan all my life...will remain a Dallas fan till I die.

#24 SteadfastUnderdogs

SteadfastUnderdogs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Cowboys haven't beaten the Broncos since 1995.   That is the longest winless streak that the Cowboys currently have against any team in the NFL.

Time to end that.

• Dr. T likes this

#25 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,910 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

Last year's record is a bit misleading, as those losses were to very good teams. Oakland, New England, Atlanta, KC... Two of those teams were in the Super Bowl last year, and Oakland and KC were play off teams. I wouldn't underestimate them this year...I think that would be a mistake.

I agree. We need to approach each game "one at a time" and NEVER underestimate an opponent!

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#26 Dr. T

Dr. T

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

if peyton was playing I would be concerned.

yes, and the refs help them at home A LOT.

#27 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Feed Zeke and stop forcing it to Dez. Bam! We win.
  • Dr. T, dhal22 and DDdave2 like this

#28 chrispierce

chrispierce

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 21,408 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

Cowboys haven't beaten the Broncos since 1995. That is the longest winless streak that the Cowboys currently have against any team in the NFL.

Time to end that.

Wow.... I'd say it's long overdue to end that streak. Odd,you'd think a stat like that would be mentioned more?

#29 The Vaquero

The Vaquero

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,447 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

well, even though we hear good arguments to say that the broncos are an easily beatable team ... i am still concerned.

... the 4th best defense in the nfl is lousy huh ?

"I'd rather play with 10 people ... until we have to do something else, rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team." - H.O.F. Mike Singletary

#30 TexasTriumph

TexasTriumph

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

The only way we lose is if they somehow get their receivers deep against our DBs consistently.

We more than match up with them. Their defense is no joke, but neither was the Giants. I think

their QB situation will be their downfall in the end. Looking forward to the match-up !

#31 Jipper

Jipper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,339 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

good news is we just played a team that is very similar in NY....great defense, crappy offense....we should be ready to repeat....also, this is a road game and we all know that our team travels very well

• Original fan since 1975, TNCowboyfan and mrsouthpaw like this

#32 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,847 posts
  • Location714

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

DAL needs to have a better redzone offense next week.

• TexasTriumph likes this

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#33 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,070 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:20 AM

MNF is just getting on for those scouting the opponent for next week. A majority of NFL analysts have the Broncos winning it in a close one. I picked the Chargers to upset the Broncos at home tonight. Hopefully it's a good game.

• bwood12043 likes this

S0RVysY.png

#34 Weeden4MVP

Weeden4MVP

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:47 AM

This really feels like the Minnesota game last year.  Offense that we should contain but dominant defense in hostile environment.  I've never played sports in high altitude, so I don't know what it feels like, but Denver is always a tough place to play no matter how good/bad they are.

Tom Brady has lost to Kyle Orton, Brock Osweiler, and Jake Plummer (twice) in Denver.  That says enough for me

ViGgHuIB.gif

jason-garrett-wiffs-on-3-straight-high-f

#35 Trout31

Trout31

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,666 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:47 AM

Right off the bat.....The Broncos have an offense...... Which the Gaint's did not......

Interesting ..... will be a good test for us ...next week! 

#36 Dr. T

Dr. T

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

well, even though we hear good arguments to say that the broncos are an easily beatable team ... i am still concerned.

... the 4th best defense in the nfl is lousy huh ?

we beat the giants and they too have a good D

#37 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 31,070 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

FINAL SCORE: LAC 21 DEN 24 after the Broncos block a FG with a timeout before they made the 1st FG attempt.

S0RVysY.png

#38 DakZekeDez

DakZekeDez

Rookie

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Right off the bat.....The Broncos have an offense...... Which the Gaint's did not......

Interesting ..... will be a good test for us ...next week! 

nope... the Chargers have next to no talent on defense outside of their 2 pass rushers. Their LB corps might be worst in the NFL considering their best one was out injured tonight.

The Broncos' offense is bad. Their line in particular is lousy and inexperienced. The line's best player might be Leary, and I'm not even joking. The pass rush was constantly in siemen's face but the corners couldn't cover for 2 seconds and the linebackers couldn't cover nor tackle. Our pass rush should dominate.

• Dr. T likes this

#39 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,980 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

nope... the Chargers have next to no talent on defense outside of their 2 pass rushers. Their LB corps might be worst in the NFL considering their best one was out injured tonight.

The Broncos' offense is bad. Their line in particular is lousy and inexperienced. The line's best player might be Leary, and I'm not even joking. The pass rush was constantly in siemen's face but the corners couldn't cover for 2 seconds and the linebackers couldn't cover nor tackle. Our pass rush should dominate.

Dak's gonna have to get rid of the ball faster and make use of play action, screens, etc... to slow down their pass rush. Our Oline is good but he's not going to have all day waiting for guys to uncover. 

• TexasTriumph likes this

1509328801-NS_cowbriefs_1030spo_JL_17-wi

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#40 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Their weakness on defense is against the run. Let's see if we are going to try and take advantage of it.
  • Juggernaut and emmittstaubach like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users