#41 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Von Miller is worrisome...can't let him gain confidence in this game.

I like this match-up over-all,its always tough in Denver....but as long as we win turn-overs and stop the run,making them 1 dimensional on offense....I think we can win up there in a tough one....21-17,17-14 type game.Gotta keep feeding Zeke and not have empty trips in the red zone.

He isn't any better than Khalil Mack or JPP IMO.......I think we will be fine.
  • Dr. T and Praxit like this

#42 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

Let's use their strength against them just like we did with NY. Okay the Broncos Defense is their strong point.....NO HUDDLE! Force them to play full speed nonstop and wear them down. Then let our Defense dominate their bad Offense.
  • Dr. T and mrsouthpaw like this

#43 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

Last year's record is a bit misleading, as those losses were to very good teams. Oakland, New England, Atlanta, KC... Two of those teams were in the Super Bowl last year, and Oakland and KC were play off teams. I wouldn't underestimate them this year...I think that would be a mistake.

If they would leave Zeke in the game for more than one play at a time that would help. He isn't just a running threat but also very good out of the backfield and he can block if needed. Chipping Von Miller and then hitting the flat is his specialty. He is very good on the edge. The 1 and 2 yard runs by the other RB isn't going to cut it in this game. 

Hopefully Dak won't be overthrowing his receivers like he did in game one. He is lucky that none of those were picked off. 

I don't think Dak underestimates any team, he just plays his game. The Denver qb is hot and cold. If the line does what they did last game in NY Trevor will have a long day. 

• oldschoolfan64 likes this

#44 Pompey Cowboy

Pompey Cowboy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

So how do we evaluate what Denver did last night? Did they relax too soon coz it was in the bag or did they run out of gas and nearly blow it?

#45 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,736 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Winning this week could be a huge. They get Arizona next wieek with no Johnson and then the Rams at home. Would be nice to get off to a fast start.

Run the ball right at the Broncos and keep pressure on Semian.

9tn384.jpg

#46 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,847 posts
  • Location714

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Denver's D isn't great at stopping the run. We should exploit that.

Their QB gets the ball out quick and we need to be disruptive in the middle
  • maryquality likes this

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#47 Praxit

Praxit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationPort of San Diego

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

..well, for what its worth.  Denver looks good, they might be a mirror image of NY.  WIth just better offense.  WIll see, who and how it gets done.

2119xkj.jpg

#48 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Dak's gonna have to get rid of the ball faster and make use of play action, screens, etc... to slow down their pass rush. Our Oline is good but he's not going to have all day waiting for guys to uncover. 

We still have the same OL. They seem to be pretty good at protecting Dak. The giants DL is pretty darn good and our OL handled them nicely. Just sayin. Dak does need to have the 3 second clock running in his head to keep from getting clocked himself. 

As far as not having all day, you are right. This ain't Cleveland. 

#49 calicowboysfan

calicowboysfan

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

Denver and Giants have good defenses but they have different strengths... Giants are built to stop the run or at least stop our running game, while they are average in the LB but they have some good DB. Denver has really good DB and good ends but they really aren't built to stop the run. I think we can gas them over the course of a game. Now the problem I see with Denver is that they are really fast on the defense which can cause our oline some problems. If we are able to neutralize the speed, we should be in good position as long as we score TD instead of FG in our red zone possessions. No game is ever easy in the NFL and this should be no different.

#50 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,556 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

I expect another easy W in this one.

#51 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

Defense will clamp down and get to trever simion. That youngster will get rattled. Lee will bait him something terrible.

Broncos defense no better than the giants.
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#52 johnny23

johnny23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Melvin Gordon was hashing Denver on runs and screen plays. Their defense against the run hasn't been the same since Danny Trevithan and Malik Jackson took the money and ran to green less winning pastures after Super Bowl 50. With Zeke the runs they have given off routinely against lesser backs like Latavious Murray,Gordon,Spencer Ware just getting what they want up the gut. Those could be house calls or more explosive against our line and Zeke.

Yes they are tough and they still get after it. But Gotsis isn't Jackson and Wolf doesn't look the same without Jackson on the interior. Their secondary is on point obviously with "The No Fly Zone" but outside of Von their linebackers are suspect and no Shane Ray fyi. And the middle of te defense as the American wears on can be exposed. Last night it amazed me how easy Gordon had it with a porous line on some of his big runs. It is going to be a tough game but it's not going to be Denver is so much better than us omg we don't stand a chance. Also if you think the Giants line is bad they're starting Minelik Watson and he was beat like a drum last night and the RG next to him.wasn't any better. Collins and Lawrence could have. A field day. Also Siemen isn't a world beater and can get rattled.
  • Original fan since 1975 likes this

#53 HeelsRedsCowboys053

HeelsRedsCowboys053

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

I like this matchup, denvers interior run defense is not anything to shiver about. Last year they got gashed in the run game quite a bit. Also, whoever plays qb sunday (based on this Mondays game maybe, althought most likely it looks like simien) im way more comfortable against then Eli but they do have some weapons if they can get them the ball (anderson isnt bad, demaryous thomas and emmaul sanders obviously and then jamaal charles and d angelo henderson). Their o line doesnt look like it will be too bad but not good either. They got leary and drafted a first round right tackle so we will see monday how they look!

Leary is in concussion protocol. If we just pound the ball, they should be gased by the 4th quarter. We do not need to get cute and get pass happy near the goal line just pound it in. Snatch there hearts out!

#54 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,493 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

Last year's record is a bit misleading, as those losses were to very good teams. Oakland, New England, Atlanta, KC... Two of those teams were in the Super Bowl last year, and Oakland and KC were play off teams. I wouldn't underestimate them this year...I think that would be a mistake.

They also lost to the 5-11 Chargers and 9-7 Titans. Their O dropped to #22 in points scored. 

if peyton was playing I would be concerned.

yes, and the refs help them at home A LOT.

Peyton totally sucked his final year. That's the year Denver won the SB. 

#55 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,493 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Wow.... I'd say it's long overdue to end that streak. Odd,you'd think a stat like that would be mentioned more?

The last game was the famous 51-48 passing demolition where Romo and Peyton were going after each other's throats 'til the final seconds. 

Five games, all within one score except the '98 butt woop'n in Denver.

Three of the games we hadn't settled on a QB yet. 

#56 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,493 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:40 AM

Right off the bat.....The Broncos have an offense...... Which the Gaint's did not......

Interesting ..... will be a good test for us ...next week! 

Where are you getting that they have an offense? Their running sucked. 3.9 a carry? 181 yards passing?

#57 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,493 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

Dak's gonna have to get rid of the ball faster and make use of play action, screens, etc... to slow down their pass rush. Our Oline is good but he's not going to have all day waiting for guys to uncover. 

He was replying to Denver not having an offense. 

#58 dhal22

dhal22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Ga

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

Short week for Denver!

That's what I was thinking.

#59 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,973 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

Several Key points

1) If we don't get Von miller blocked, game is over!

2) Probably would be better sitting dez out, Chris harris and Talib will shut him down, dez will once again have like 4 catches for 31 yards

3) Can we get pressure like we did against the NYG or was that just "home" pressure!

20z8rhz.png

#60 Deuces88

Deuces88

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:06 AM

I thought denver was pretty aggressive with bringing pressure. I expect more of the same on Sunday. Especially on early downs to stop zeke because as previously mentioned the Denver run d isn't that great. 

One thing is for sure Simien is playing with confidence right now. We can't settle for FG after FG in the redzone. We need to score touchdowns. Put the pressure on him to make plays. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users