#21 Shotty

Shotty

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

The son of Mr and Mrs Francesca

You assume too much. I'm pretty sure the guy is a total *******.

#22 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,095 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:15 PM

Pretty much.  Sports Talk exists to do nothing but stir up fans by making ridiculous statements, most of the time without the need or desire to back them up with any kind of rational analysis.  

Not sure why people give it as much credence as they do.  It's the old school sports version of clickbait and trolling, and the goal is ratings, not realistic discussion of the topic. 

Yep and it's all formula.  Any of you that frequent these shows, pay attention to how much is repeated.  In a 4 hour show with 36 minutes of content available per hour at the most, they really only need about 20 minutes of real content because they repeat things they say so often.

Galloway, who was on the air in Dallas, was the laziest prep guy on the air.  He knew the three things he needed to say to appeal to the largest segment of his audience was whiny orange, 0, and that's a zero not an O, U and Cowsheep.  At first it worked but too many caught on to the formula and he no longer pissed enough people off.  In the end, nobody cared what he said.

The only thing that amazes me more than how much Bayliss and Sharpe get paid to do that is that people actually watch it.

#23 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,588 posts
  • LocationBeing a wolf.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

We really need a "what's the media saying" forum.

Or stupid media statements.
  • Cowboyway6 likes this
New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#24 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,095 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

Or stupid media statements.

Too much the same

• Alpha Dak likes this

#25 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

Yep and it's all formula.  Any of you that frequent these shows, pay attention to how much is repeated.  In a 4 hour show with 36 minutes of content available per hour at the most, they really only need about 20 minutes of real content because they repeat things they say so often.

Galloway, who was on the air in Dallas, was the laziest prep guy on the air.  He knew the three things he needed to say to appeal to the largest segment of his audience was whiny orange, 0, and that's a zero not an O, U and Cowsheep.  At first it worked but too many caught on to the formula and he no longer pissed enough people off.  In the end, nobody cared what he said.

The only thing that amazes me more than how much Bayliss and Sharpe get paid to do that is that people actually watch it.

At least those guys have been defending Zeke against the league. Stephen A. and Molly Qerom have been pushing a "guilty Zeke" since the announcement came out to push the DV narrative. At least SAS and Max have pushed that the league screwed up. 

#26 Bleedin' Blue

Bleedin' Blue

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

I'm not amazed as much as to how many watch it but to how many people actually attach any importance to it...

fan_cowboys_view_1296x729.jpg

Your D will look Fugly when you play the big Uglies.

#27 ShutUp&Play

ShutUp&Play

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Guy is 14-2 as a starter in this league coming off the greatest rookie season in NFL history

and ........whatever who cares anymore???

I rather enjoy my QB???!!!

• Original fan since 1975, Deacon Blues and Shotty like this

#28 Vincent Dwayne

Vincent Dwayne

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • LocationYa Chic Crib

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

LoOud mouth shock jock nothing more...

• Cowboyway6 likes this

Eagles
Are
Gonna
Lose
Every
Season
E-A-G-L-E-S

#29 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

New York radio personality. Known widely up there as the "Pope of Football".

Correction "Sports Pope". 

If he's any kinda "POPE" of sports...let alone a "guru" ...then surely the apocalypse is here. Only thing he should be an expert on is toiletries. Because he is so full of crap his eyes are brown. Typical New York loud mouth that should never have a mic in front of them . What an idiot. Dak tore them up,period. NEXT.

1826006,sXXt94kbkAOxQnR2NFu0eAOBojnI33_c Which S.O.B. took my Diablo Sandwich?

#30 Jipper

Jipper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,017 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

Well the guy is doing something right if we're on here and it's the top topic on the board....shockjock bs...... Pay him no mind

#31 Flamma

Flamma

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

From listening to about 15 seconds of the link I'd say he's your typical no nothing radio host that loves the sound of his own voice a tad too much

Keep listening.  He says that if the Cowboys need a guy to sit in the pocket and win the game at the end, he'll lose.  I guess he missed the Eagles game last year.

I can't stand listening to him, but he is crazy popular by where I live.

• jayhartRIC likes this

#32 Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

Dak Prescott played better on Sunday than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Eli Manning.
  • Rawhide 74 and Cowboyway6 like this

#33 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

From listening to about 15 seconds of the link I'd say he's your typical no nothing radio host that loves the sound of his own voice a tad too much

Amen.Well said. He's like Stephen A. Smith. They scream and rant loud like a guy fighting their way out of a wet paper sack. No cred at all for them.

#34 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

If he's any kinda "POPE" of sports...let alone a "guru" ...then surely the apocalypse is here. Only thing he should be an expert on is toiletries. Because he is so full of crap his eyes are brown. Typical New York loud mouth that should never have a mic in front of them . What an idiot. Dak tore them up,period. NEXT.

Okay, let's be honest here. Dak didn't "tear them up". He certainly played well enough to win, but this wasn't a great performance. it wasn't even really a good performance. It was pretty good. I expect better from him in the near future, but many of you guys have rose colored glasses on today. Let's hope he can shake off the jitters or whatever caused him to be so inaccurate on some key plays and hopefully he'll be better against the Broncos.

To be honest, I'm not sure this kind of performance would beat Denver.

#35 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

LoOud mouth shock jock nothing more...

Yup,he's a mealy mouthed POS. Hides behind a mic.

#36 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Wait until Dak throws or blows a game. Then it all starts again because they'll attack and we'll feed them. And another subforum is born. It's so predictable !!

Drama Forum is a suggestion.
  • TexasStadium33 likes this
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#37 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,593 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

I have to disagree with you about Mike. I don't agree with him on this issue, but he's been covering sports since the 70s and has been an institution in NY for thirty years. I find I agree with him more than I disagree with him.

Cap, I respect your opinion as always and since you have listened to him for so many years, you would have a better perspective than I do. My dislike for MF goes back to the days when I watched him on TV where he just came across as extremely arrogant, especially to those who did not share his opinions. But he's obviously been a very successful radio guy for many years.

#38 Haimerej

Haimerej

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts

New York radio personality. Known widely up there as the "Pope of Football".

Correction "Sports Pope".

This must be his ad extirpanda.
  • CowboysDrew and sittler like this

#39 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

#1 - Dak kind of stunk that game.  But so what?

#2 - Who cares what the media says?  Would you be complaining if the guy had said Dak is the best ever 2nd year QB?  Didn't think so.

• TexasStadium33 likes this

#40 CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

This must be his ad extirpanda.

Ha!  You made this history teacher laugh. 

• Haimerej likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users