160 replies to this topic

#41 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

Okay, let's be honest here. Dak didn't "tear them up". He certainly played well enough to win, but this wasn't a great performance. it wasn't even really a good performance. It was pretty good. I expect better from him in the near future, but many of you guys have rose colored glasses on today. Let's hope he can shake off the jitters or whatever caused him to be so inaccurate on some key plays and hopefully he'll be better against the Broncos.

To be honest, I'm not sure this kind of performance would beat Denver.

Dak took his foot off the gas per the play calls toward the end..so it could have been worse. Yes he started off jittery...but I have MUCH more faith in what he will do in Denver than you I guess. Even if he does play pedestrian like he did Sunday,so what. We don't need him to light it up.Its not what we do. We are a balanced attacking run first..and often team. Try not to get caught up in Daks yards etc. He does what he is asked to do,which is to win the game within the game plan. If they want him to pass a ton and beat them that way,he could have.Pick your poison. He was just a little overly jacked up in the Giants game. He calmed down as he went. No worries.

Wait until Dak throws or blows a game. Then it all starts again because they'll attack and we'll feed them. And another subforum is born. It's so predictable !!

Drama Forum is a suggestion.

He will undoubtedly have a game like that.Even Elite QB's do...so it wont change my opinion of him. He is elite now.He will prove it.

1826006,sXXt94kbkAOxQnR2NFu0eAOBojnI33_c Which S.O.B. took my Diablo Sandwich?

#42 Godfather

Godfather

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationRelocated To Stillers Country

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Pretty much.  Sports Talk exists to do nothing but stir up fans by making ridiculous statements, most of the time without the need or desire to back them up with any kind of rational analysis.  

Not sure why people give it as much credence as they do.  It's the old school sports version of clickbait and trolling, and the goal is ratings, not realistic discussion of the topic. 

I can do that.  I wonder if anybody is hiring

• CowboysDrew likes this

So let's review the Cowboys shall we: Top tier dominating WR, HoF TE, All-Pro RB, All pro QB gets injured and the backup is just as good if not better. Ok Jerry is the devil or he made a deal with the devil.sig_2.jpg

#43 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

#1 - Dak kind of stunk that game.  But so what?

#2 - Who cares what the media says?  Would you be complaining if the guy had said Dak is the best ever 2nd year QB?  Didn't think so.

IMO..Dak diced them up when he needed to and made plays. He didnt have near his best game,but to me,he had his way with the Giants.

#44 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,910 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

Dak didn't have a "great" game, but he did a HELLUVA lot better than NY's boy Eli.

Was clicking around the channels and caught BSPN's Power Rankings on NFL Live:
1)Pittsburgh
2)Green Bay
3)Kansas City
4)New England
5)Dallas
  • Cowboyway6 likes this

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#45 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Dak Prescott played better on Sunday than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Eli Manning.

EXACTLY^^^^  Thats a fact. Good point. Some on here are never happy no matter.Even in victory.

#46 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,503 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

Francesca is making a stupid argument, in part indicating being off target at times in this game overrides the entirety of the 2016 season in which Dak was one of the top 2-3 most accurate passers in the NFL. He is essentially putting down Dak for falling short of being Brady/Rogers level in terms of carrying the team on his shoulders even though he was just a rookie last year. He should look itpnto what Brady and Rogers were doing their first year in the league.

#47 HeelsRedsCowboys053

HeelsRedsCowboys053

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

[quote name="Capn b" post="4246777" timestamp="1505253015"]

that big dummy. I bet he wears pants too. What a loser[/qu

Lamont Sanford is that you?
  • Capn b likes this

#48 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,503 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Okay, let's be honest here. Dak didn't "tear them up". He certainly played well enough to win, but this wasn't a great performance. it wasn't even really a good performance. It was pretty good. I expect better from him in the near future, but many of you guys have rose colored glasses on today. Let's hope he can shake off the jitters or whatever caused him to be so inaccurate on some key plays and hopefully he'll be better against the Broncos.

To be honest, I'm not sure this kind of performance would beat Denver.

It doesn't have to. The performance this week doesn't lock him into the same performance every week. No QB plays at the top of their game as very week, so there is no reason to read too much into an individual game
  • Rawhide 74 and Cowboyway6 like this

#49 CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

I can do that.  I wonder if anybody is hiring

Come to Alabama and then talk bad about Auburn and complain that Alabama isn't winning by a big enough margin.  They'll fit you in somewhere. 

• Godfather likes this

#50 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Dak took his foot off the gas per the play calls toward the end..so it could have been worse. Yes he started off jittery...but I have MUCH more faith in what he will do in Denver than you I guess. Even if he does play pedestrian like he did Sunday,so what. We don't need him to light it up.Its not what we do. We are a balanced attacking run first..and often team. Try not to get caught up in Daks yards etc. He does what he is asked to do,which is to win the game within the game plan. If they want him to pass a ton and beat them that way,he could have.Pick your poison. He was just a little overly jacked up in the Giants game. He calmed down as he went. No worries.

He will undoubtedly have a game like that.Even Elite QB's do...so it wont change my opinion of him. He is elite now.He will prove it.

Dak took his foot off in the redzone. 1 TD drive is not a good performance. That won't beat Denver. I'm hoping he shows a bit more like last season, but the Defense they will be facing on Sunday won't be any easier than the one we faced last game. This time, it will be on the road.

Dak isn't elite. That is pure homerism. He's got some skills, but to call him elite is delusional. maybe some day, but that day ain't here yet. Not even close!

#51 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,467 posts

NY Homer. Crushed that the Giants lost Sunday. I giddily listened to his pathetic broadcast on my way home yesterday and the ridiculous fan base that calls into his show. 

Eli sure looked good Sunday night.

• Cowboyway6 and Nubz-021 like this

0pearson0428.png

Hey Dawkins, Westbrook; shut your mouth when you are talking to me.

#52 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

Mike Francsesa is the guy who was caught falling asleep while on live radio doing his show a few years ago. Anyone recall that? So considering that the fat turd cannot even manage to stay awake on his own freaking live show speaks volumes in itself. If Dak is so bad,what does that say about the Giants? Hmm? 

• Nubz-021 likes this

#53 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

It doesn't have to. The performance this week doesn't lock him into the same performance every week. No QB plays at the top of their game as very week, so there is no reason to read too much into an individual game

I never said it did. I just said that this kind of performance won't beat the Broncos on the road. Hopefully he will improve.

#54 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Thank you^^^ Thats a very informed accurate statement. If QB'S thought the way some think the do,they would never suit up for the next game. Everything you said is spot on.

#55 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

The point is it will attract trolls .

<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#56 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

I never said it did. I just said that this kind of performance won't beat the Broncos on the road. Hopefully he will improve.

I can guarantee you,if Zeke runs the ball the way he is capable of,Dak won't need to be great...just good.He will improve,no doubt,but its not like Denver is a flawless team. They have many question marks.Very beatable. 

well yes,thats a given indeed.

#57 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,454 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

Clickbait

Dead cap money is *dead*. It's not resurrected by keeping a guy on the team and paying him a salary this year, it is only pushed off onto a future year, and now you've added this year's salary to his cumulative cap hit. 

#58 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

Thank you^^^ Thats a very informed accurate statement. If QB'S thought the way some think the do,they would never suit up for the next game. Everything you said is spot on.

What's wrong with saying that he didn't have a great game? He didn't. He didn't smoke the Giants. The Defense and Zeke did. Dak certainly played a role, but for the most part, he drove the bus and played the Alex Smith role.

I expect Dak to improve to at least last year's standards (hopefully better), but let's not get carried away here with praising him.

Just employing a little reality check here. I've said nothing untrue, so I'm not being a troll.

#59 foofighters

foofighters

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

We really need a "what's the media saying" forum.

I concur.  What some people don't realize is that all these guys are doing is trying to get hits on the column.  I am sure I could write an article for bspn titled, "Dak hates kids."  Then proceed to tell a story about that "one time" I "saw" Dak at Burger King and from my angle it looked like he cut a kid off in line so Dak could eat $1.49-10 piece chicken nuggets.  and I am positive that bspn would push this article out and it would headline sports center for 3 weeks and all the mediots there would agree with me. 

#60 bleedblue1111

bleedblue1111

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

Unknown journalist = insert well known Dallas Cowboy = write absurd article = instant notoriety.
  • Rawhide 74 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users