#121 wishbone33

wishbone33

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBay Area (San Franscico) California

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

I have to disagree with you about Mike. I don't agree with him on this issue, but he's been covering sports since the 70s and has been an institution in NY for thirty years. I find I agree with him more than I disagree with him.

Meh I still think he's a jack wagon...... Just kidding he's about as credible as Jimmy Hoffa.

That is the UGLIEST case of STUPID I have ever seen!!!!!

One BLUE STAR to rule them all!!!!

Run ZEKE run!!!

#122 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,227 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

Romo was never elite. Same category as Dak is in now. Not a top 5 QB but top 10.

IMHO, Romo was a better passer who took more chances, but was surrounded mostly by weaker teams. A smaller guy that age and injury caught up to. But he's gone now, so what say we drop it?

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#123 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

I don't think these are all Cowboy fans I've seen posting negatively on Dak .. Many members I'm not even familiar with on a regular basis. It reeks to me and why I've stayed away on the most part.

I think I know why winning the first game was such a huge deal and we are all talking about it. First...hey man,its the Giants and Eli Manning. Plus,we are an extremely youthful team,especially on defense...and the fashion in which we played defensively was unexpected.The  1st and 2nd year players ,along with the rooks, played a large role in shutting them down. No one gave us that much of a shot to pull off what we did..DEFENSIVELY speaking.  We gonna find out if that unit can be consistent and have a near repeat performance at Denver. I fear it will be a high scoring affair,with Bailey kicking the game winner with time expiring.34-31. Denver can really pass the ball like crazy. Not really scared of their running game..altho they are capable.

1826006,sXXt94kbkAOxQnR2NFu0eAOBojnI33_c Which S.O.B. took my Diablo Sandwich?

#124 Cowboyway6

Cowboyway6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

IMHO, Romo was a better passer who took more chances, but was surrounded mostly by weaker teams. A smaller guy that age and injury caught up to. But he's gone now, so what say we drop it?

shoot..if we win against Denver,then the sky is the limit. Its gonna be a tall task in the thin air.But if we lose,I'm not concerned...because its a marathon,not a sprint. No one is gonna be undefeated. Losses happen.

1826006,sXXt94kbkAOxQnR2NFu0eAOBojnI33_c Which S.O.B. took my Diablo Sandwich?

#125 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

No offense to anyone, just something to chew on, but wasn't Russell Wilson treated the same way even on this very board? No credit was given to him for being young, smart with the football, and leading his team to wins. He was criticized for not being able to lead the team on his own if they didn't have a running game and defense.

There were a few who did but not what I'd call most. Sometimes a vocal minority is confused for being the majority.

And even if it was this forum doesnt always present the more popular sentiment outside this forum .
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#126 Average Bot

Average Bot

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:59 AM

Jealous much?

#127 pappydog4444

pappydog4444

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

If the Boys can run against Denver .....We will beat Denver.....figure there QB is good for at least 2 int.....

Romo was never elite. Same category as Dak is in now. Not a top 5 QB but top 10.

Not True there killer....Romo was a BETTER passer .....and better at looking downfield......Dak has learning experiences to accomplish but figure in time he should get there....

#128 One ✭ Star

One ✭ Star

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,460 posts
  • LocationThe Southern Tip of Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

Don't take the cheese...
1xLzx2g.jpg
  • bleedblue1111 likes this

✭ HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS! ✭

#129 mtcowboyfan57

mtcowboyfan57

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationButte,Montana

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Who is this Francesca. Never heard of him. He sounds like the Rachel madcow of sports talk. Maybe he's auditioning to get on that failed network he would fit rite in. Makeup anything and say it on the air and lots of brain dead fools will believe it.
  • bleedblue1111 likes this

#130 oakclifford22

oakclifford22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

two things on Dak and I'm gonna leave this one alone. first of all, didn't listen to it, ugly old man with glasses, kinda looked northeastern smuggy to me........

NOW, let's get to Dak's performance Sunday night. a) that stadium is like a sweat box every year on opening day. Romo threw how many picks vs. the 'niners because sweat was running into his eyes. Dak and several other players on both sides of the ball had trouble with sweat. Hard to see and make good decisions when you have sweat running into your eyes. Not sure why this happens, maybe the AC in the staydjum needs a full stadium to set itself right, but It's almost like a wrestling gym at field level. Dak threw sloppy balls (imho) this is the reason why. All  you have to do is look at the evolution of Sean Lee's sweaty pants for real proof. Dez had trouble, too. 

'boys will do better in their next game in a much cooler environment, I'm betting you folks will see the same ole Dak you saw last year at this time. His decision making when he sees a cover 3 is 2nd to none in all of football. He takes off, doesn't hesitate, and gets maximum yards keeping drives going and prolonging the opposing defense's misery. Enabling our big O-line and our thickly bearded RB to grind and pound them into submission. This is what makes Dak, Dak, and anybody who thinks this is a detriment, is just a plain fool, hasn't been watching what the 'boys have been up to the last decade and certainly cannot see the value in a qb who doesn't turn the ball over and prolongs drives with his legs. Something WE as Cowboy fans have been waiting for since before Troy got here........

• Rawhide 74 likes this

#131 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

Franscesa is a guy who sits on live radio and says hmmm hmmm hmmm for ten minutes while he is looking for stats on a guy he is talking about. The dude is a bafoon

#132 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,045 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

There were a few who did but not what I'd call most. Sometimes a vocal minority is confused for being the majority.

And even if it was this forum doesnt always present the more popular sentiment outside this forum .

I think it was a vocal majority.  The minority were the few posters that defended the guy.  It's just like the Eli bashing.  Most bash him and a few defend him. Most people here still chalk up his success to the defense and being lucky than give him credit for playing extremely well too during those playoff hot streaks.

#133 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Who is this Francesca. Never heard of him. He sounds like the Rachel madcow of sports talk. Maybe he's auditioning to get on that failed network he would fit rite in. Makeup anything and say it on the air and lots of brain dead fools will believe it.

Well, I'm not surprised that a guy from Butte has never heard of a legendary NYC sports radio host. The guy isn't perfect, but he knows his sports. Is he right about Dak? No. He's not right about a number of things (just like every other sports opinion guy).

That doesn't change the fact that he was a pioneer of sports radio. Before there was a Mike and Mike, there was a Mike and the Mad Dog (Mike Francesa and Chris Russo). Generally speaking, you should research or know at least a little something before you spout off about it. I doesn't make you look good.

My guess is that he's politically closer to Sean Hannity than Rachel Maddow, but I can't say for sure.

#134 zappers

zappers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

This is shocking news to me. Dak doesn't throw a good football? Never heard that before. I thought he was one of best QB's in the league, if not they best from how people talk.

#135 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

This is shocking news to me. Dak doesn't throw a good football? Never heard that before. I thought he was one of best QB's in the league, if not they best from how people talk.

Dak throws well enough. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he can make ALL the throws. He has inconsistent touch. Some of his throws look pretty, some look like Eli wounded ducks. When he's not in the groove, his accuracy really suffers (Beasley really bailed him out with that great catch on a terrible pass) He's improving on his deep throws. He can get too jacked and overthrow in the redzone. I suppose this better than the alternative of getting picked.

He's got great intangibles. He seems to be in command in the huddle (and his teammates have stated this so I believe them). Overall, he makes good decisions, though he sometimes locks in on a safer throw, when he's got a better chance downfield. So while he tends to err on the side of caution, he may blunder by missing something better that he could have hit. He has really good instincts on when he should scramble for yardage and when he should scramble behind the line of scrimmage to keep a play alive to allow a receiver to get open. He's a terrific, punishing runner with his size and lower body strength make a him a load to bring down.

All in all, he is a good, young QB (with outstanding offensive talent around him). He has the potential to be something special. He's a hard worker and since Francesa does not see that from NYC, he doesn't see that Dak can improve from where he is now. I firmly believe that not only will Dak improve, but he will be a top tier QB.

#136 bleedblue1111

bleedblue1111

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,165 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Generally speaking, you should research or know at least a little something before you spout off about it. I doesn't make you look good.

Ironically, this is what your boy Francesca is doing. Read the thread title. If that is what he said about Dak, he's a blabbering idiot on the subject.

Unless, saying something that outrageous, is to drive his ratings? Or maybe, he's a Giants fan trying to make himself, and their fan base feel better about that beat down they just took against Dallas?

#137 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Well, I'm not surprised that a guy from Butte has never heard of a legendary NYC sports radio host. The guy isn't perfect, but he knows his sports. Is he right about Dak? No. He's not right about a number of things (just like every other sports opinion guy).

That doesn't change the fact that he was a pioneer of sports radio. Before there was a Mike and Mike, there was a Mike and the Mad Dog (Mike Francesa and Chris Russo). Generally speaking, you should research or know at least a little something before you spout off about it. I doesn't make you look good.

My guess is that he's politically closer to Sean Hannity than Rachel Maddow, but I can't say for sure.

Legendary? Well, from this NY Metro Guy, that is subject to debate. Notorious is my take.

• Rawhide 74, mtcowboyfan57 and bleedblue1111 like this

0pearson0428.png

Hey Dawkins, Westbrook; shut your mouth when you are talking to me.

#138 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,078 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

Wow, that's a bit harsh. Is the guy a friend of yours?
  • mtcowboyfan57 and bleedblue1111 like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#139 mtcowboyfan57

mtcowboyfan57

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationButte,Montana

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

LOL. A pioneer just because hes the original sas who is another big mouth from that cesspool the rotten apple. Is he your little brother or something. The way you defend him you must be afraid of losing your giant season tickets.

#140 capcomeback

capcomeback

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

LOL. A pioneer just because hes the original sas who is another big mouth from that cesspool the rotten apple. Is he your little brother or something. The way you defend him you must be afraid of losing your giant season tickets.

Your gauging your response on the guy on one take that you vehemently disagree with. I'm just saying that your being pretty disrespectful to a guy you appear to know anything about.

Wow, that's a bit harsh. Is the guy a friend of yours?

Nope. I have talked to him once when I was writing for a pro football blog/webzine (back in the dark ages of the web). I was checking a quote with him that he had said on the air. He and his producer, Bob Goelb, were very courteous, helpful and nice.

I listened to "Mike and the Mad Dog" for close to 20 years on WFAN (both 1050 and 660, when the station moved). Haven't been a big fan in recent years, but the guy certainly is a legend in sports radio. 

Ironically, this is what your boy Francesca is doing. Read the thread title. If that is what he said about Dak, he's a blabbering idiot on the subject.

Unless, saying something that outrageous, is to drive his ratings? Or maybe, he's a Giants fan trying to make himself, and their fan base feel better about that beat down they just took against Dallas?

Some of what he's saying is true. Dak can look awkward at times with some of his throws. He obviously hasn't talked to Dan Mullins, Scott Linehan or Jason Garrett about Dak, so he's just assuming like some sports folks that Dak won't change much. The thing is, he could be right. I don't think so and don't expect most Cowboys fans to think so either. We'll see who's right. I think we will be, but you never know.

Legendary? Well, from this NY Metro Guy, that is subject to debate. Notorious is my take.

Hey, you might not like him, but the guy (along with Mad Dog Russo) was one of the driving forces in sports talk radio. For better or worse, he has helped to change the landscape of modern radio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users