#1 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

I found out yesterday that I have shingles. It's just on the right side of my head. Talk about pain. The medicine seem's to be working. If you ever had Chicken Pox then you have a good chance of getting it. Get the shot. It's 300 bucks though. If I had taken the shot then I would have missed out on this great pain. :o    :ph34r:

• Blackthorn likes this

Don't know if I want to be a member of a forum, that would have me as a member

#2 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,951 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

I've never had but I know a few people who have. I guess the nerve pain associated with it is pretty bad. Hope the meds continue to work for you Maxie. I've had chicken pox but I'm far too stubborn to get the shot.  Best of luck 

#3 bornafan1981

bornafan1981

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

I had a coworker with shingles, and it would affect him 2-3 times a year where he would be out for a few days.

Myself, I had chicken pox twice. A year or 2 apart.

• Mad_Max likes this

#4 Blackthorn

Blackthorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

I had it about ten years ago. I thought I was having an aneurysm or had a brain tumor. The pain was piercing and my vision would blur or go to total darkness. I went to the Dr and   he quickly knew what was wrong. The medicine worked fast and in a few days I was back to normal.

I am glad you are getting relief. I would not wish that on anyone. 

I found out yesterday that I have shingles. It's just on the right side of my head. Talk about pain. The medicine seem's to be working. If you ever had Chicken Pox then you have a good chance of getting it. Get the shot. It's 300 bucks though. If I had taken the shot then I would have missed out on this great pain. :o    :ph34r:

• Mad_Max likes this

#5 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,084 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

I had it on the left side of my face from my eye across my forehead. That was in April of this year. Still feel screwed up on occasion with headaches etc.. but the headaches I were getting the week before I broke out were excruciating. Headaches began the day after Easter and by Saturday I was fully broken out. But the after effects of shingles can go on for months even years. I wish you a quick recovery.

• Mad_Max likes this

1482809267603.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

#6 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

I've never had but I know a few people who have. I guess the nerve pain associated with it is pretty bad. Hope the meds continue to work for you Maxie. I've had chicken pox but I'm far too stubborn to get the shot.  Best of luck 

You friend, have an attack of shingles in your future. It's not fun.

#7 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

I had it on the left side of my face from my eye across my forehead. That was in April of this year. Still feel screwed up on occasion with headaches etc.. but the headaches I were getting the week before I broke out were excruciating. Headaches began the day after Easter and by Saturday I was fully broken out. But the after effects of shingles can go on for months even years. I wish you a quick recovery.

I was telling my wife if the US could invent a bomb that could give terrorist the shingles, then the war would be over. I have this on my right. I went to the hospital before the disease popped out on my skin. The doctor gave me a strong pain reliever, but Monday the shingles popped out. I have lost half my hearing in my right ear. I am falling apart.  

• Big_D likes this

#8 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

I had it about ten years ago. I thought I was having an aneurysm or had a brain tumor. The pain was piercing and my vision would blur or go to total darkness. I went to the Dr and the he quickly knew what was wrong. The medicine worked fast and in a few days I was back to normal.

I am glad you are getting relief. I would not wish that on anyone. 

I hope that my shingles go away fast. I don't know about normal, as I have never been normal.

I had a coworker with shingles, and it would affect him 2-3 times a year where he would be out for a few days.

Myself, I had chicken pox twice. A year or 2 apart.

Go get that shot.

#9 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,084 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

I was telling my wife if the US could invent a bomb that could give terrorist the shingles, then the war would be over. I have this on my right. I went to the hospital before the disease popped out on my skin. The doctor gave me a strong pain reliever, but Monday the shingles popped out. I have lost half my hearing in my right ear. I am falling apart.

Giving the terrorists shingles sounds like a solid plan!! lol
  • Mad_Max likes this

1482809267603.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users