#1 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

I found out yesterday that I have shingles. It's just on the right side of my head. Talk about pain. The medicine seem's to be working. If you ever had Chicken Pox then you have a good chance of getting it. Get the shot. It's 300 bucks though. If I had taken the shot then I would have missed out on this great pain. :o    :ph34r:

• chrispierce and Blackthorn like this

It'll Be Fine :P  Goodby "Fats" Domino. You were great. This space for rent, cheap.

#2 northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,174 posts
  • LocationChatham, ontario

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

I've never had but I know a few people who have. I guess the nerve pain associated with it is pretty bad. Hope the meds continue to work for you Maxie. I've had chicken pox but I'm far too stubborn to get the shot.  Best of luck 

#3 bornafan1981

bornafan1981

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

I had a coworker with shingles, and it would affect him 2-3 times a year where he would be out for a few days.

Myself, I had chicken pox twice. A year or 2 apart.

• Mad_Max likes this

1xngw7.jpg

#4 Blackthorn

Blackthorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

I had it about ten years ago. I thought I was having an aneurysm or had a brain tumor. The pain was piercing and my vision would blur or go to total darkness. I went to the Dr and   he quickly knew what was wrong. The medicine worked fast and in a few days I was back to normal.

I am glad you are getting relief. I would not wish that on anyone. 

I found out yesterday that I have shingles. It's just on the right side of my head. Talk about pain. The medicine seem's to be working. If you ever had Chicken Pox then you have a good chance of getting it. Get the shot. It's 300 bucks though. If I had taken the shot then I would have missed out on this great pain. :o    :ph34r:

• Mad_Max likes this

#5 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,420 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

I had it on the left side of my face from my eye across my forehead. That was in April of this year. Still feel screwed up on occasion with headaches etc.. but the headaches I were getting the week before I broke out were excruciating. Headaches began the day after Easter and by Saturday I was fully broken out. But the after effects of shingles can go on for months even years. I wish you a quick recovery.

• Mad_Max likes this

1482809267603.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

#6 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

I've never had but I know a few people who have. I guess the nerve pain associated with it is pretty bad. Hope the meds continue to work for you Maxie. I've had chicken pox but I'm far too stubborn to get the shot.  Best of luck 

You friend, have an attack of shingles in your future. It's not fun.

It'll Be Fine :P  Goodby "Fats" Domino. You were great. This space for rent, cheap.

#7 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

I had it on the left side of my face from my eye across my forehead. That was in April of this year. Still feel screwed up on occasion with headaches etc.. but the headaches I were getting the week before I broke out were excruciating. Headaches began the day after Easter and by Saturday I was fully broken out. But the after effects of shingles can go on for months even years. I wish you a quick recovery.

I was telling my wife if the US could invent a bomb that could give terrorist the shingles, then the war would be over. I have this on my right. I went to the hospital before the disease popped out on my skin. The doctor gave me a strong pain reliever, but Monday the shingles popped out. I have lost half my hearing in my right ear. I am falling apart.  

• Big_D likes this

#8 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

I had it about ten years ago. I thought I was having an aneurysm or had a brain tumor. The pain was piercing and my vision would blur or go to total darkness. I went to the Dr and the he quickly knew what was wrong. The medicine worked fast and in a few days I was back to normal.

I am glad you are getting relief. I would not wish that on anyone. 

I hope that my shingles go away fast. I don't know about normal, as I have never been normal.

I had a coworker with shingles, and it would affect him 2-3 times a year where he would be out for a few days.

Myself, I had chicken pox twice. A year or 2 apart.

Go get that shot.

#9 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,420 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

I was telling my wife if the US could invent a bomb that could give terrorist the shingles, then the war would be over. I have this on my right. I went to the hospital before the disease popped out on my skin. The doctor gave me a strong pain reliever, but Monday the shingles popped out. I have lost half my hearing in my right ear. I am falling apart.

Giving the terrorists shingles sounds like a solid plan!! lol
  • Mad_Max likes this

1482809267603.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

#10 chrispierce

chrispierce

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,430 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

No,but I do know someone who does. She was on that commercial for it...little older woman named Irma. She swam too much in the bay and ocean...I'm positive that's how she got it. Wish you well,because it is very painful.
  • Mad_Max likes this

#11 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

No,but I do know someone who does. She was on that commercial for it...little older woman named Irma. She swam too much in the bay and ocean...I'm positive that's how she got it. Wish you well,because it is very painful.

Chris, that stuff is just now going away. 

• chrispierce likes this

#12 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

I hope you're feeling better, Max. 

• Mad_Max likes this

#13 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

I knew someone when I was in Oakland who had shingles.  It was so painful for her that walking was an issue whenever it would flare up.

I gave her some rubbing alcohol infused with cannabis and she said that it was the only thing that helped her ease the pain and not leave her all messed up (high).  The pain lessened for a couple of hours and then would come back, at which point, she would apply more.

But she swore afterwards that she didn't want to go back to the pain meds and was asking me for more.

You don't get high by steeping raw cannabis in alcohol and applying it to your skin, but if you have to drug test, it will show up.

• Mad_Max likes this

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#14 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,106 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Yes as well as my wife, Mom, Dad and oldest son had them and my Mom's were the worst with the after effects and could not get in water above her body temperature.  I was fortunate with the mildest case of everyone.

There is a new and better vaccine just announced this week and they're suggesting that anyone who had the previous one should get this one.  I checked with my Walgreen's and it's not going to be available until the end of the year or early next year.

Anyone who's ever had a case of the shingles would suggest anyone susceptible to get the vaccine.

#15 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,716 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Yes as well as my wife, Mom, Dad and oldest son had them and my Mom's were the worst with the after effects and could not get in water above her body temperature.  I was fortunate with the mildest case of everyone.

There is a new and better vaccine just announced this week and they're suggesting that anyone who had the previous one should get this one.  I checked with my Walgreen's and it's not going to be available until the end of the year or early next year.

Anyone who's ever had a case of the shingles would suggest anyone susceptible to get the vaccine.

After all this time the Shingles are still under my skin. I have had to go to the eye doctor as my right eye is bothering me. I had an ulcer on my eyeball and had to apply eye drops. As soon as its gone I will get that shot. Thanks Coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users