13 replies to this topic

#1 buck8822

buck8822

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Who here is a Survivor fan? Alan Ball will be on the new season. I'm a fan of the show, and since hes a fellow Detroiter and a past Cowboys player. Let's hope he gets it done
  • 45yearCowboyFan likes this

#2 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

• Silhouette likes this

#3 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

That's an excellent point!

• THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY likes this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#4 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

Who here is a Survivor fan? Alan Ball will be on the new season. I'm a fan of the show, and since hes a fellow Detroiter and a past Cowboys player. Let's hope he gets it done

Ball was the CB right?
Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#5 foofighters

foofighters

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Ball was the CB right?

Well...he was back there but I don't know that I would have labeled him as one.

• CowboyNation55 likes this

#6 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Have to go for him, even if it's just because of his first name....

#7 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

Didn't see any posts on it (maybe I missed it) but there are 5 Cowboys in the running for the HOF this year:

Darren Woodson

Jay Novacek

Nate Newton

Everson Walls

Jimmy Johnson

Imo all but Novacek and Johnson deserve it, Johnson was helped immensely by the incredibly stupid Vikings trade, hard to tell if his success was due to his coaching or having a massive amount of players and draft picks so that even by blind luck he'd have gotten some really good players.

And Novacek was pretty good, but I just don't see him as one of the best tight ends ever, Troy used him as his security blanket and Jay benefitted tremendously by having Emmitt and a power running game, and Irvin, to make his job easier.

Think Woodson will make it, maybe Walls, with Nate a long shot (the drug convictions hurt him)...

#8 eduncan

eduncan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationWheeling, WV

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

Didn't see any posts on it (maybe I missed it) but there are 5 Cowboys in the running for the HOF this year:

Darren Woodson

Jay Novacek

Nate Newton

Everson Walls

Jimmy Johnson

Imo all but Novacek and Johnson deserve it, Johnson was helped immensely by the incredibly stupid Vikings trade, hard to tell if his success was due to his coaching or having a massive amount of players and draft picks so that even by blind luck he'd have gotten some really good players.

And Novacek was pretty good, but I just don't see him as one of the best tight ends ever, Troy used him as his security blanket and Jay benefitted tremendously by having Emmitt and a power running game, and Irvin, to make his job easier.

Think Woodson will make it, maybe Walls, with Nate a long shot (the drug convictions hurt him)...

Chuck Howley didnt make the cut, again.

Take a look at who our Dallas rep is. 

#ChuckHowley

chuckring.jpg

#9 HeelsRedsCowboys053

HeelsRedsCowboys053

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

Chuck Howley didnt make the cut, again.

Take a look at who our Dallas rep is.

Wow!

#10 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74,064 posts
  • LocationIn my den.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

bf03c07336c9feb6cf2a1ba0c21166f8ed7cafd1

New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#11 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,498 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

T6KPuyW.jpg

:huh:

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
Hot sauce because it makes everything better, a picture of my wife because sometimes just looking at her changes my mood, and baby wipes!

Three words to describe you: Intelligent, athletic, and clever.

What's your personal claim to fame?
Being a seventh round draft pick and grinding for nine years in the NFL.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My parents. They are my best friends. I respect the both for their work ethic, and everything they instilled in me. My parents have been married for 30+ years and I know that takes work.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
Hot sauce because it makes everything better, a picture of my wife because sometimes just looking at her changes my mood, and baby wipes!

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
I honestly don't think you will see gameplay like mine; one of the only things I have in common with people on past seasons is there was a winner.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
Playing football has fed my drive to compete physically for a long time. Of course there are mental aspects but I feel like this is competing mentally, physically, and strategically. I also want to win on my own merit—no coaches, no practice—just me winning outside of something I've done for years.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
Everything I've accomplished I've had to scratch and claw at it. I've never been given anything or put in situations to succeed. My life has always been about proving people wrong and I feed on that, here is another shot.

#12 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,070 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

T6KPuyW.jpg

Thanks for the superfluous arrow. lol

S0RVysY.png

#13 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,498 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for the superfluous arrow. lol

Some of the kids might not know him. It's been 6 years. 

#14 Flamma

Flamma

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

Darren Woodson

Jay Novacek

Nate Newton

Everson Walls

Jimmy Johnson

Agree.  I'm not too sure about Nate either.  He was real good, just not Larry Allen good.  Jay too.  He was good and knew how to get open.  But he was basically a slow WR playing TE. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users