• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 NewEnglandCowboy

NewEnglandCowboy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire ~ Live Free or Die!

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

Dez's double teams by the secondary open up running lanes for Zeke. Pricey decoy sometimes.

Dez is rarely ever double teamed though, he is manned by 1 DB and ineffective.

#22 NewEnglandCowboy

NewEnglandCowboy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire ~ Live Free or Die!

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Dez was awful in our last 3 games with the Giants. Pretty easy to conclude we would have done better in each game if he weren't on the field.

Combined 4 receptions on 23 targets, 61 yards, 0 TDs.

WOW? 4 out of 23 targets? Is that math correct?

#23 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,593 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

Yes it's true. Janoris Jenkins was signed by the midgets as a FA in 2016 for the express purpose of stopping Dez. Jenkins, who gets way less publicity than deadskins CB Josh Norman, may be the only CB in the league who consistently shuts down Dez. In the 3 games Jenkins has covered Dez, he has 4 catches out of 23 targets. Sunday night, Dez caught 2 of the 9 targets he had, and yet we still won easily. Again, I believe this team has learned how to win, with or without Dez.

#24 portnoy

portnoy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

I think what the cowboy's need is a deep threat burner type to take the top off. As an example dez caught a pass that should have been a TD. But he zig and zagged and got tackled. He had no one in front of him, ODB would've caught it gone straight ahead for a score. I don't know if anyone remembers the play Sunday where dez made that catch in the middle of the field.

#25 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,848 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

You can check my math if you want. Looks right to me.

https://www.pro-foot...1/gamelog/2016/

https://www.pro-foot...1/gamelog/2017/

Receiving Passing Scoring Rk Date G# Age Tm   Opp Result Tgt Rec Yds 

1 2016-09-11 1 27-312 DAL   NYG L 19-20     5 1 8 

10 2016-12-11 13 28-037 DAL @ NYG L 7-10 9 1 10 

Receiving Rk Date G# Age Tm   Opp Result Tgt Rec Yds  

1 2017-09-10 1 28-310 DAL   NYG W 19-3     9 2 43

• NewEnglandCowboy likes this

Dead cap money is *dead*. It's not resurrected by keeping a guy on the team and paying him a salary this year, it is only pushed off onto a future year, and now you've added this year's salary to his cumulative cap hit. 

#26 johnny23

johnny23

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Dez destroyed Jack Rabbit in 2014. Let's not act like that never happened.

#27 KMY Amber

KMY Amber

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

Between the three seasons of 2012-2014, Dez Bryant averaged 91 catches per season, averaged about 1,300 yards and about 14 TDs per season. Dez was arguably the best offensive player we had in that period, challenged perhaps only by two guys who are now gone: DeMarco Murray and Tony Romo. Dez was a flat out warrior each week, playing in all 48 games in that stretch, and was one of the keys to a Cowboys victory in every game we played.

But now, this team has improved so much through the draft the last few years, the need for Dez Bryant to be a superstar in order for us to win has changed. No knock on Dez at all. I'm still glad we have him! But if he has a less than stellar day on any given week, or god forbid he's hurt, it no longer dictates whether or not we will win. 

Here's some evidence of what I mean:

1. In the last 2 seasons, a couple of foot injuries caused Dez to miss 10 games and we saw his production drop dramtically as a result.

2. But last year, without Dez, the Cowboys were 3-0, and in several games last year, he did not have a stellar day, but the team still won. 

3. Sunday night, once again the midgets' CB Janoris Jenkins pretty much held Dez to a below average game- (2 catches, 43 yards, no TDs) Yet the Cowboys won handily.

I am in no way saying we no longer need Dez, I'm not kncking him in any way. Just pointing out that our Dallas Cowboys have become such a good offensive force, it does not require a big day from #88 to win a game. 

That's how much this team has improved!

We may not need a big day from Dez to win games.....but if Dak is going to keep forcing the ball to him when he's clearly covered (often like a blanket), then Dez better come up BIG, else they're just wasting precious downs.  

We still need more out of Dez on a consistent basis, and the he and the coaches MUST work on getting him open...instead of just throwing jump balls and back-shoulder throws and hoping his athleticism wins those 1-on-1 battles.  

#28 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

Dez is rarely ever double teamed though, he is manned by 1 DB and ineffective.

now way , I seen a couple guys come off the bench and cover Dez after the all was snapped..."he's a beast"...........*throws up a vowel"

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users