• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,564 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

Hats off to our teams victory. I hope we continue to if anything get to the quarterback. We could lose every game as long as the QB is on the ground! Anyways, it's been one game, let's see what this game can do after playing the Giants, can we keep this up!!???
*Team

20z8rhz.png

#2 Vincent Dwayne

Vincent Dwayne

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • LocationYa Chic Crib

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

There is no BUT...GOOD WIN

Eagles
Are
Gonna
Lose
Every
Season
E-A-G-L-E-S

#3 ItzKelz2

ItzKelz2

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

19-0

#ClearEyeView "A focused vision setting out on something that you have to be able to see it clear and a determined belief. You have to believe in yourself. You have to have self-belief, belief in God that you can accomplish what he wants you to accomplish. And then earned dreams: how bad do you want it, putting that work in."

DDnDriAUQAAUgNI.jpg

#4 Jipper

Jipper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,017 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

Is this a thread about jon snow?
  • Capn b, Juggernaut and mrsouthpaw like this

#5 Blackthorn

Blackthorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:03 AM

Dallas strength on the offense is the running game and the short routes. If the Oline keeps pushing the sled then the Offense will score points. Thank God for Dan Gailey also.

The strength of the defense is their youth. The young D-line is flying off of the blocks. The linebackers when Smith and Lee are on the field are playing sideline to sideline. If the front two groups keep playing with the same tenacity then our DBs will be stellar.

Props to the entire Defense.

Go Dallas!!!

• Praxit and CowboyNation55 like this

#6 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,015 posts
  • Locationlost

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

There is no BUT...GOOD WIN

I has a butt but good win
  • Capn b likes this

jYUkRfj.jpg

#7 Praxit

Praxit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationSunny, San Diego

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

Dallas strength on the offense is the running game and the short routes. If the Oline keeps pushing the sled then the Offense will score points. Thank God for Dan Gailey also.

The strength of the defense is their youth. The young D-line is flying off of the blocks. The linebackers when Smith and Lee are on the field are playing sideline to sideline. If the front two groups keep playing with the same tenacity then I DBs will be stellar.

Props to the entire Defense.

Go Dallas!!!

...Blackthorn, ...I like this.  In a barebone frame effect that nails it.    Also having J. Smith healthy and seeing what he can do, rubs off on the rest of Lee's Crew.

2119xkj.jpg

#8 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,743 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

I can understand some criticism about mistakes but a lot of these post seem like they are looking for style points. This ain't college a win is a win even if by one point and every win is equal and if you put enough of them together you get in the playoffs. There is no playoff selection committee.
  • Rawhide 74, Geno T, NM Boys22 and 1 other like this
Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#9 oakclifford22

oakclifford22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

I can understand some criticism about mistakes but a lot of these post seem like they are looking for style points. This ain't college a win is a win even if by one point and every win is equal and if you put enough of them together you get in the playoffs. There is no playoff selection committee.

the Giants played their SB Sunday night. The Lions will chew them up and spit them out. 0-2 and looking at the bottom of the cellar. (leave the good wine alone!!!, lol)

E-gals are holding their luggage at the airport. By the time the va-giants get to the Rams, they COULD be 0-7.......let that sink in folks!! their schedule is murder I wouldn't wish on anyone.

• Original fan since 1975 likes this

#10 SimplyTheBest

SimplyTheBest

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

The only "but" I saw Sunday was Dak missing about 5 easy passes. I just don't think we'll see much of that ... :)

funny - the reality is after years of rebuilding the weak links are alll gone - here are no more 2nd raters starting on this team - no Hayden, no Free, and (sadly) no Hitchens. All hard workers but the NFL doesn't pass out participation trophies.

Replacing them (respectively) with Collins, Collins, and Smith allows you to execute.

the media and fantasy football types don't get it, the strength of this team is it's overall athleticism and hustle, on O and D.

• Original fan since 1975 and Rawhide 74 like this

#11 CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

Is this a thread about jon snow?

You know nothing.
  • Juggernaut likes this

#12 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

the Giants played their SB Sunday night. The Lions will chew them up and spit them out. 0-2 and looking at the bottom of the cellar. (leave the good wine alone!!!, lol)

E-gals are holding their luggage at the airport. By the time the va-giants get to the Rams, they COULD be 0-7.......let that sink in folks!! their schedule is murder I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Lol......I said the same thing. Trust me there is no joy right now in NY with regard to the Giants. The Cowboys exposed a whole bunch of weaknesses that Team has. Now the other Teams will just stick too our blueprint. McAdoo looks lost on the sidelines as did Spag's Sunday night. They have fans calling to move on from Eli and fire McAdoo already after game one! I've also heard some say trade OBJ because he is being wasted on the Team. They could get several players for his trade and start fixing that Offense. He's not gonna save that putrid Offense. Their Offense is going to allow them to be nothing more than a dumpster fire. Right now I see the Giants in the same scenario the Cowboys found themselves in just in reverse. Their Defense is great....but their Offense needs to be totally rebuilt. It's gonna take a few years. By then the Defense will need attention. Look how long it's taken the Cowboys to right the ship. Not an easy task! Good luck finding a franchise QB alone. I'm not making fun of them but that's just the sad reality of it!

• oakclifford22 likes this

#13 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

BUT, we didnt expect the defense to play this well.

#14 foofighters

foofighters

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

The title and the body of the post confuse me...

#15 Cookie Dough OD

Cookie Dough OD

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

I didn't get to see ther game but If we held the Vaginals to 3 points that sounds pretty dam promising.

#16 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,456 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Hats off to our teams victory. I hope we continue to if anything get to the quarterback. We could lose every game as long as the QB is on the ground! Anyways, it's been one game, let's see what this game can do after playing the Giants, can we keep this up!!???
*Team
I

I'm not sure what you are saying.  Is it that you will be okay with losing every game if we get to the QB, or that if we get to the QB it could result in losing every game?

*Team

What the team can do?  Assuming that, I think we all know one game doesn't make a season (well, there are always a few exceptions), so seeing what the can do the next week (and the next and the next) is why we watch.

#17 Jipper

Jipper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,017 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

You know nothing.

i know winter is coming and the cowboys play indoors at home

#18 LocalCowboyDiehard

LocalCowboyDiehard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

I didn't get to see ther game but If we held the Vaginals to 3 points that sounds pretty dam promising.

Hope you didn't take the brunt of the flooding down there.
<p>It's easy to make labels and attach them to people, labels that are derogatory, to lessen the impact of their voice.

#19 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

The title and the body of the post confuse me...

He's saying that things got a little tootie-frootie oooh rudie, but if we whapp bam baloo bam whapp bamboo, we might be able to fix it.😅.lol.
  • bob_tha_football likes this

#20 45yearCowboyFan

45yearCowboyFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

One game by itself doesn't mean a whole lot in general.

But the win over the giants is more important.  It was the first game of the season.

That's important, because since playoff expansion in 1990, only 25 percent of teams that started 0-1 reached the postseason.  Cowboys just did it last year, but since it's only 25%, the Cowboys doing it just makes it less likely some other team can.

Second, it's a division win  There are only 6 division games of course, and record in the division is the second tie-breaker, so you don't want to have to make the playoffs by other tiebreakers, they just get too squirrelly.  (Not that home field has been much of a benefit to the Cowboys, TWO 13-3 seasons with home field all the way to the SB resulted in a first game loss).

So yes, it's only 1 game, it's a long season, the giants didn't have Beckom, etc.  Cowboys could go 1-15, nothing's guaranteed.  Could also go 16-0, too, though that's happened only once.

But hopefully it's a portent of things to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users