On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Just a Total Embarrassment--What a Joke of a Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 BigTx66

BigTx66

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Wow, when will we, as fans, accept the fact that we are watching the most disfunctional, overhyped, over-rated group of players in the NFL? I have been a fan of this team for 46 yrs. and have lived through some abysmal failures of teams, as well as some incredible successful teams. But I never have seen such a continuous overstatement of talent, poor coaching, outlandish win/loss predictions, stupidity by the owner who has no clue on football talent, and lack of heart as a team.

Sadly, I have finally realized that the passion and energy that I always brought to my loyal following of this team has started to wane. I just cannot get myself excited by this current joke of a team and coaching staff. Unfortunately, the only way anything will change is to make the owner re-think his approach to how this team is managed and put together. The only way this current owner will get that message is through his pocketbook, which will be difficult because of the massive revenue stream he has put together through fan purchase of tickets and paraphenalia, as well as all the shows and venues he hosts in the stadium. Most of today's fans, I'm afraid, don't seem to care about the product on the field, but see the games as some kind of concert or social event and wearing the Cowboy paraphenalia is more of a fashion statement. So, I see no mass exodus in the fan base despite a multi-year terribly-performing team on the field.

As many of you have stated more eloquently than me on these forums, we as fans will have to accept whatever the Jones' family decides if we choose to continue to follow the Cowboys. It really is a sad period of time for any fan who has been fortunate enough to see the Cowboys on top. I'm more confident as each game comes and goes, that we will continue to see the mediocrity and failures of this organization. It's just sad.

#2 DallasMan01

DallasMan01

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Jerry needs to go!

#3 DCfan4ever

DCfan4ever

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Carter,Austin,Lee,Murray,Rat,T Smith,Church all hurt yeah its pretty much a wrap.

#4 jsb357

jsb357

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

The league is laughing Jerry.

Do you hear it?
It's a team hand built by Jerry Jones
and he has the results to prove it.

Turning America's team into an Arkansas rust bucket since 1996

#5 Casper

Casper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,748 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Carter,Austin,Lee,Murray,Rat,T Smith,Church all hurt yeah its pretty much a wrap.

LOL...love the sig pic.

defense-tony-romo.jpg?resize=500%2C600

#6 endersdragon

endersdragon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I hate it when people create new accounts to start new redundant threads after games. We should make it so you can't have a new thread until 20 posts, I have seen forums do that before and it gets rid of 75% of redundant threads.

#7 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,554 posts
  • Location714

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Jerry invest in your OL....

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#8 maxdogg

maxdogg

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Jerry needs to go!

Yes but he WILL NOT!!!

#9 jsb357

jsb357

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Jerry invest in your OL....

Nobody buys tickets to see the offensive lineman.

But offensive lineman protect the un-drafted yard ball QB and let hm make plays.

If he make enough plays they get in the playoffs.

But Jerry sells tickets he does not build champions.
It's a team hand built by Jerry Jones
and he has the results to prove it.

Turning America's team into an Arkansas rust bucket since 1996

#10 DCfan4ever

DCfan4ever

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

LOL...love the sig pic.

Yeah the sig kinda sums it up don't it man lol...

#11 gorman64

gorman64

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

This team couldn' fight there way out of a wet paper bag, I agree with this gentlman. As fans we need to see some changes. We also need to see a more intence team that has fire and or mad when they are losing. Not sitting on the side lines looking confused and with no emotions. Enough is enough.

#12 endersdragon

endersdragon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

This team couldn' fight there way out of a wet paper bag, I agree with this gentlman. As fans we need to see some changes. We also need to see a mor intence team that has fire and ore mad when they are losing. Not sitting on the side lines looking confused and with no emotions. Enough is enough.

Another person who creates a new account after a loss agreeing with the first one. That's new. /end sarcasm

#13 Quincy Carter

Quincy Carter

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

AS FANS WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS. ITS SAD THAT I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS TEAM LOSING EVERY WEEK. HOPING THAT AS THE LOSSES ACCUMULATE, JERRY WILL BE FORCED TO MAKE SOME DRASTIC CHANGES.

Jean-Jacques Taylor in regards to Jerruh and Romo - "He has taken a public butt-kicking for signing Romo to the extension and giving a quarterback with one playoff win and a 1-6 record in win-and-go-home games more guaranteed money than Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco, who won the Super Bowl last season......Until Romo's performance in those types of games change, he's always going to be at the epicenter of controversy. Those who love him will continue to praise him or create excuses for his failures. And those who don't like him will find ways to criticize him no matter what he does."

#14 BigTx66

BigTx66

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I hate it when people create new accounts to start new redundant threads after games. We should make it so you can't have a new thread until 20 posts, I have seen forums do that before and it gets rid of 75% of redundant threads.

I love people like who don't know what you are talking about when it comes to my knowledge or experience on this forum. I have been on this forum off and on for years and just because my re-signing myself back onto it and it automatically designates me as a "novice" has nothing to do with my capability to express my own personal opinion and observations. Why don't lYOU leave the forum, and we won't have to deal with your useless, personalized sarcasm. We would then begin the process toward eliminating 75% of those personal attack threads like yours. My goodness, you are such a trip!

#15 Eagle Shredder

Eagle Shredder

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yeah.....what he said!

#16 TYLEE826

TYLEE826

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

There goes the Thanksgiving dinner....What a heartbreak....I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. I really thought that we'd have a shot when we pulled within 7 with over 8 minutes to play. The problem is, we're a .500 football team....and to JJ, .500 is acceptable. I am sure he'd at the least consider making a change if we finished 5-11 or 6-10.

JJ needs to bring in a fiery new HC and hire a new DC who will hold everyone accountable.

#17 cowboyguy

cowboyguy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Like many fans on this board, Jerry will find a tortured, logically convoluted silver lining in this loss
Posted Image

#18 Benry87

Benry87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I agree to some extent TC. Jerry Jones has been one of the slowest/most stubborn learners in all of football. He keeps firing coaches without realizing that in the end, the consistent inconsistency of the team falls on him, and he's now, at best, 2 for 7 in picking coaches (that's making a BIG assumption that Garrett eventually pans out). The only times the team has looked good/promising is when he has allowed himself to fade into the background (Johnson, Parcells, and now to a lesser extent Garrett).