#21 ryanaustinh

ryanaustinh

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:03 AM

The problem is some team is always willing to overpay FA's. They are quick solutions to problems but like us they will find that the solution was expensive and not an entire fix for the problem. I'm good with signing our own FA's for their level of performance but not really good with paying our FA's some other teams  over-estimate of their level of performance. We know our players better than 31 other teams. Like wise 31 other teams know their own FA players better than we do. If I treated my grocery list like some teams treat FA, I'd starve :)

90% of FA is public relations, let's say you sign 5 players and pay them all a $10 million dollar bonus, so you spend 30 million...

You got ESPN and NFL network talking about your offseason putting you in the "winners" column of their winners and losers segment.  Let's say that galvanizes your fan base and you get 5,000 new season ticket holders, between the seat license and the tickets that would prompt each person to spend $4-5000 on those season tickets that comes out to $25 million, then you are also adding big name players, so let's say $100,000 people in the city go out and buy a new jersey for one of those shiny new toys, each paying an average of $100...that's another $10 million, so the team has literally done nothing but put pen to paper and they have made 35 million on a 30 million investment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users