#1 THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • LocationBeaumont Texas

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:02 AM

You just won 188 million dollars cash in the lottery. What do you do?
  • Lococowboychica likes this

#2 ShutUp&Play

ShutUp&Play

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Create a charitable foundation in my name and assist kids going to college...pay it myself. with stipulations being you must return the gesture by extending yourself just as I did, you MUST get your degree and extend yourself to anyone in need no matter their race, sexual orientation etc. you also must be willing to extend yourself to a diverse community and bridge gaps betwixt peoples. I would put 20 mil aside for me and the whole 168mil is up for grabs to anyone willing to extend themselves.

• THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY and Lococowboychica like this

#3 BlueDocD2

BlueDocD2

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Spend it...duh

• THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY likes this

#4 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Create a charitable foundation in my name and assist kids going to college...pay it myself. with stipulations being you must return the gesture by extending yourself just as I did, you MUST get your degree and extend yourself to anyone in need no matter their race, sexual orientation etc. you also must be willing to extend yourself to a diverse community and bridge gaps betwixt peoples. I would put 20 mil aside for me and the whole 168mil is up for grabs to anyone willing to extend themselves.

I would make sure the degree is something you can actually get a job in once you graduate. Many kids go for the most ludicrous "careers" and then complain no one wants to pay them 100k a year to theorize about lesbian dance.
  • kskboys, cowboyfan927, ShutUp&Play and 3 others like this

#5 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

I would make sure the degree is something you can actually get a job in once you graduate. Many kids go for the most ludicrous "careers" and then complain no one wants to pay them 100k a year to theorize about lesbian dance.

It's about how to apply oneself once they leave college.  There are those who were given everything in life and so when the cold hard truth of the real world hits, it can make for an unpleasant experience.  All of my friends who I went to college with understood that unless they went onto post-undergrad studies, we all understood that our college degrees could only do so much for us without the job experience.

Anyone can write a paper.  But would you trust a 22 year old with a college degree or someone with a college degree and work experience to do important work?  Such an easy answer too.

• cwbyfan88 and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#6 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

188M  USD.

First off, if you get lump sum, is the 188M the payout for the lump sum or will that be spread out over X-amount of years?

How much goes to taxes?

But if you do charitable things with your money, you can write off your taxes.

I would, I dunno what I would do.  But I would try and help people.

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#7 Lococowboychica

Lococowboychica

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, New Mexico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

If I was ever fortunate to have $186 million, I'd start making a difference in at least one child's life. I can't have children, I would adopt at least one and start there. That should leave some money for their education and life after me. I have come to the realization that I can't change everyone's life. I can change a single life and It's amazing how that can trickle down in ways we don't even know. If I can pass that spirit on to a single child, imagine the branches on that tree. The tree of life. It's unimaginable

Thank you for that post. It changes some negative thoughts into positive and makes me smile

• bosd and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

#8 meagin

meagin

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationLOOK AROUND!

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

Wow that's a tough one to answer. I actually just won the season ticket package for Cowboy games next year , from the Texas lottery second chance game. I cant even decide what to do with them. lol

GO COWBOYS!!!!!! 

#9 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

10% would go to tithe. Another significant portion would go to help the orphanage that my mom helps run back in the Ukraine. Then I would pay off my parents debts. I will pay off my brother's debts. Buy each one of my family members a humble home. Pay off my own debts. And then try and make a difference in someone's life other than my family's. I would leave a significant portion for my retirement as well.

#10 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Pay off the mortgage on the new sanctuary my Church moved into a few years ago.

Give a good chunk to the Church for whatever else they need to do the Lord's work.

Make sure my family and maybe a few close friends are taken care of.

Then, I would quit stressing about money.  LOL

jim-harbaugh-booger.jpg

Jim Harbaugh is a nose picking, booger eating, overrated piece of crap.

#FireHarbaugh  

#11 Lococowboychica

Lococowboychica

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, New Mexico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Wow that's a tough one to answer. I actually just won the season ticket package for Cowboy games next year , from the Texas lottery second chance game. I cant even decide what to do with them. lol

You could take me  :)

• meagin likes this

#12 DDdave2

DDdave2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

1. Move, change my phone#, new email and delete all social media.
2. Get a lawyer and financial planner.
3. Donate 10% minimum to a few favorite charities.
4. Gift 10-20% to family (mostly to kids and also grandkids college funds.
5. Invest half of whats left in a diversified portfolio.
6. Buy a modest place or two to retire at and then have some fun, mostly travel.
  • THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY and cowboyJohn like this

"Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball"

#13 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

So if I ever win THAT much money, we are partying at Jerry's World for a Sunday afternoon!  Rent out a section for the members on these forums.

My only stipulation, we all bring signs telling Garrett and Co. to run the damn rock!

• meagin and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

Kaneh-Bosm

#14 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,178 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hello Vegas!!!!!

• ShutUp&Play and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#15 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,594 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

1)Widen the options
A)Checking, Savings
B)Safety Deposit Box
C)Roth IRA
D)Hidden Cash at home
E)Gold and silver
F)Business investment
G)Buy Land
2)Build dream house to specs--Make it as self sustaining as possible. Artesian well, Water Wheel, Solar Panels, Wind Power, Generators, etc. Put in an indoor pool and sauna and build the ultimate DVD library. Tell utility companies to KISS OFF!
3)Help family and friends.
4)Improve health picture.

I'd like to help people that need it, but give them cash directly, secretly, to avoid the government trying to get it. Also, I don't trust the charitable organizations: how much of your donations actually go to the people who need it, as opposed to some bubble-headed administrator?
  • cwbyfan88 and THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY like this

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE DELUSIONAL! :lol:

3 Important things to remember:

1)Overall, we are only speculators

2))Laughter and bacon feed the soul

3)It's only a game

#16 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

1)Widen the options
A)Checking, Savings
B)Safety Deposit Box
C)Roth IRA
D)Hidden Cash at home
E)Gold and silver
F)Business investment
G)Buy Land
2)Build dream house to specs--Make it as self sustaining as possible. Artesian well, Water Wheel, Solar Panels, Wind Power, Generators, etc. Put in an indoor pool and sauna and build the ultimate DVD library. Tell utility companies to KISS OFF!
3)Help family and friends.
4)Improve health picture.

I'd like to help people that need it, but give them cash directly, secretly, to avoid the government trying to get it. Also, I don't trust the charitable organizations: how much of your donations actually go to the people who need it, as opposed to some bubble-headed administrator?

You are correct about the charities. The reason my mom got involved with her charity is because the money being sent from the church would never make it to the orphanage. My mom personally oversees a lot of the administrative aspects. She goes to Ukraine twice a year to make sure the money is being used where it should. She had to put someone else in charge of money over there as well because the other person was not being honest with how the money was spent. It's a damn shame. This orphanage doesn't have an age limit. Pulls kids off the streets and actually works with the kids to place them in the workforce. That's why my family decided to get involved. They don't put you out after you turn 18 until you can financially support yourself.
  • bosd likes this

#17 NateDizzle

NateDizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts
  • LocationChillin at the EBDBBnB

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

Do something I'm highly overqualified for, like run for President.

• THE OZ OF COWBOY COUNTRY likes this

#18 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,178 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

Eat more artichoke hearts. 

• NateDizzle likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#19 Quickdraw

Quickdraw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Retire and buy a Harley I've had my eyes on for a while.

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do.  I wouldn't give it all away like some people I've read had done.  Some moron blew through over 300 million and is now in bankruptcy.  What a stoopie.

• kskboys and NateDizzle like this

#20 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Retire and buy a Harley I've had my eyes on for a while.

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do.  I wouldn't give it all away like some people I've read had done.  Some moron blew through over 300 million and is now in bankruptcy.  What a stoopie.

I would rent out a section for the members here because most are done with Garrett (well it seems) and the only way for JJ to realize he needs to change the HC is if we take signs there.  You know we would be on TV, lol.

OK, so that would be a-holish, and I agree.  But how many more learning on the job mistakes can we endure and for how many more years? 

• kskboys likes this

Kaneh-Bosm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users