You are here

Photo

Why are the Woe Be Gone People Still Here?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

Title says it all.  I thought some people were done with the NFL?

This way, I know who I can actually talk to about the current games in the NFL.

As a former popular adage went, "You are either with us or against us."

• Needmorerings likes this

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#2 Lococowboychica

Lococowboychica

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, New Mexico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

I'm as frustrated as any fan with the start to this season but this is MY team and I may throw in the towel on the season at some point but not yet and I will NEVER stop cheering for them. Despite management, despite the coaching, despite suspensions and possible suspensions. I believe that there is always something to be learned form falling short of goals. Figure out what prevented the progress, make changes, find solutions. You can talk to me any time about current games. I never give up on my team. Call me homer

• meagin, silver_n_blue_82 and Needmorerings like this

#3 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

I understand we get mad at our team(s) and we may say I wont watch such and such team as much I used to, but I am back in front of my screen each Sunday.

I think that is different from saying I am done with the team and league.  And then to come back and complain why they are done with the team/league.  I get it and I respect the views of people who watch the team and the league, but when they say blah blah blah NFL and try and make the NFL look bad and try and encourage more people to their side, to that I say, "Just Get!"

I mean if they are boycotting the league, I can;t talk football with them if they are not watching the games.  So what are they doing on these boards if they are not watching any games?

• mrsouthpaw likes this

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#4 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Definite homer here.  I can be mad at 31 other teams and every ref except for Hoculese. 

• Alpha Dak and Lococowboychica like this

#5 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

I understand we get mad at our team(s) and we may say I wont watch such and such team as much I used to, but I am back in front of my screen each Sunday.

I think that is different from saying I am done with the team and league.  And then to come back and complain why they are done with the team/league.  I get it and I respect the views of people who watch the team and the league, but when they say blah blah blah NFL and try and make the NFL look bad, to that I say, "Just Get!"

I mean if they are boycotting the league, I can;t talk football with them if they are not watching the games.  So what are they doing on these boards if they are not watching any games?

Before the forums changed to this format, I have two people on ignore that did nothing but log in and trash the team.  When we had such a good season last year, both disappeared.  How strange to enjoy complaining about and insulting your team.  I don't see anything wrong with being a homer.  I'm not a football genius and will never rake in the big bucks with my football intelligence.  This is my team and I root so hard for them, I need Gatorade after each game once someone peels me off the ceiling.

• bosd, Star Power, silver_n_blue_82 and 1 other like this

#6 Lococowboychica

Lococowboychica

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

I think that is different from saying I am done with the team and league.  And then to come back and complain why they are done with the team/league.  I get it and I respect the views of people who watch the team and the league, but when they say blah blah blah NFL and try and make the NFL look bad and try and encourage more people to their side, to that I say, "Just Get!"

Fortunately not all people are sheep. We have minds of our own and are not easily lead by rings in our nose and a whip. No one can take my love of the game and this team away. Sure I get a little down on them sometimes but they provide hours of enjoyment. My bf and I make it part our time together on weekends, we talk about sports often and not just football, sports are made for enjoyment, like good movies. Some fans just want to whine and no doubt are like that in life. Hard to know because we only see one side, the forum side. The Cowboys are a great source of enjoyment for us

#7 Lococowboychica

Lococowboychica

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Definite homer here.  I can be mad at 31 other teams and every ref except for Hoculese. 

Homer meet another :). Proud of my homerism

#8 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Before the forums changed to this format, I have two people on ignore that did nothing but log in and trash the team.  When we had such a good season last year, both disappeared.  How strange to enjoy complaining about and insulting your team.  I don't see anything wrong with being a homer.  I'm not a football genius and will never rake in the big bucks with my football intelligence.  This is my team and I root so hard for them, I need Gatorade after each game once someone peels me off the ceiling.

It's one thing to criticize your team and cheer for it.  That's what being a fan is about.  But if people p[ost they are done, then they should be done, well imho.  Of course, I cannot be an arbiter of fandom, but people should stick to their guns.

• Needmorerings and Lococowboychica like this

Kaneh-Bosm

#9 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,166 posts
  • LocationIn my den.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

Title says it all. I thought some people were done with the NFL?

This way, I know who I can actually talk to about the current games in the NFL.

As a former popular adage went, "You are either with us or against us."

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
New Character from a friend of mine:

me_wolf.jpg

#10 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

As I posted in the SW thread in movies section, we need a Darth Maul badass type character.

I am all for people coming back into the fold, but if they are saying they are done, then they should stick to their guns.  I posted this in the Rest of the NFL section because I know people may be done with the NFL but still follow their Cowboys.  But then it's also good to know who is and who isn't following the NFL.  If they are not following the rest of the NFL, how can one take seriously what they would have to say in re the NFL games.

When people are ready to watch the NFL again on their own terms, great.  But in the meantime, don't go spoiling it for the rest of us.  

Kaneh-Bosm

#11 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 73,166 posts
  • LocationIn my den.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

As I posted in the SW thread in movies section, we need a Darth Maul badass type character.

I am all for people coming back into the fold, but if they are saying they are done, then they should stick to their guns. I posted this in the Rest of the NFL section because I know people may be done with the NFL but still follow their Cowboys. But then it's also good to know who is and who isn't following the NFL. If they are not following the rest of the NFL, how can one take seriously what they would have to say in re the NFL games.

When people are ready to watch the NFL again on their own terms, great. But in the meantime, don't go spoiling it for the rest of us.

Yup! I agree with you. Also, thanks for recognizing my Star Was reference. Iʻm looking forward to the next movie (aside from being a furry, Iʻm also a big Star Wars nerd).
  • bosd likes this

me_wolf.jpg

#12 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

Yup! I agree with you. Also, thanks for recognizing my Star Was reference. Iʻm looking forward to the next movie (aside from being a furry, Iʻm also a big Star Wars nerd).

I like some Sith.  lol

I was a big KOTOR fan back in the day and I enjoyed going the dark side.  Going the light side was too boring.  lol.  

Edit:  I think our defense needs a Sith.

Kaneh-Bosm

#13 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 73,166 posts
  • LocationIn my den.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

I like some Sith. lol

I was a big KOTOR fan back in the day and I enjoyed going the dark side. Going the light side was too boring. lol.

Edit: I think our defense needs a Sith.

I love me some Sith lol. The dark side has cookies after all.

me_wolf.jpg

#14 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

Two words: Drama Queening

• uvaballa and mrsouthpaw like this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#15 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

At first I thought this thread was about all the celebs who threatened to leave the country after the last election...... :lol:

• cwbyfan88 and heathgs like this

jim-harbaugh-booger.jpg

Jim Harbaugh is a nose picking, booger eating, overrated piece of crap.

#FireHarbaugh  

#16 Needmorerings

Needmorerings

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts
  • LocationDeep South

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

At first I thought this thread was about all the celebs who threatened to leave the country after the last election...... :lol:

Those people still need to go.  Kathy Griffin won't apologize for video of Trump's head (loses jobs), she will apologize (doesn't get jobs back) so she's recants the apology. 

It's one thing to criticize your team and cheer for it.  That's what being a fan is about.  But if people post they are done, then they should be done, well imho.  Of course, I cannot be an arbiter of fandom, but people should stick to their guns.

THAT is why I cool down before typing something impetuous in the forums.  If I type that I'm through with the NFL, I already know I'm lying because my Cowboys are in the NFL and nothing... I mean NOTHING but the game shown on a channel I don't have will keep me from watching them.

• cowboyfan927 likes this

#17 Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

Yikes, if you're going to quote Star Wars, try the good ones

#18 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Most of the people around the country saying they're done with the NFL aren't Cowboys fans. The Cowboys have always all stood for the anthem, no doubt keeping almost their entire fan base and maybe even growing it. Speaking for myself, me being a life long Cowboys fan and them standing for the anthem is the only reason I still pay any attention to the NFL. If they had signed Kaepernick I would have stopped watching as long as he was on the team. If they had allowed players to disrespect the flag I would have stopped watching. Some things are more important than a sports league. But they've gone in the opposite direction thanks to Jerry. 

PS - Alpha Dak:

Dumbest line in the prequels since that is an absolute statement. Unless he's confessing to being a Sith, that's logically a self annihilating premise. 

#19 Alpha Dak

Alpha Dak

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 73,166 posts
  • LocationIn my den.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Yikes, if you're going to quote Star Wars, try the good ones

Lol, I felt that quote would fit the tone. 

Most of the people around the country saying they're done with the NFL aren't Cowboys fans. The Cowboys have always all stood for the anthem, no doubt keeping almost their entire fan base and maybe even growing it. Speaking for myself, me being a life long Cowboys fan and them standing for the anthem is the only reason I still pay any attention to the NFL. If they had signed Kaepernick I would have stopped watching as long as he was on the team. If they had allowed players to disrespect the flag I would have stopped watching. Some things are more important than a sports league. But they've gone in the opposite direction thanks to Jerry. 

PS - Alpha Dak:

Dumbest line in the prequels since that is an absolute statement. Unless he's confessing to being a Sith, that's logically a self annihilating premise. 

Oh I know lol. Like I said, just felt it'd be kinda funny.

• bosd likes this

me_wolf.jpg

#20 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Let them leave and don't let them come back.  That's what I say.

If they don't want to stick around for what they believe in, then they never believed in it in the first place or it was not worthy enough to them to begin with.

• cowboyfan927 and cwbyfan88 like this

Kaneh-Bosm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users