You are here

Photo

Why are the Woe Be Gone People Still Here?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Just tune in right at KO.  :)

Your right I could do that .  I'm  usually listening to the announcers and there take on the game and don't think to shut it off till the Anthem is over .    Yep you are right its another concession  to make this game I really used to love tolerable and I may do that when I start to miss it enough .    For now I'm just going to relax and enjoy my hunting season and Ray Donovan is on Sunday night .

So its all good till I get glad again

• bosd likes this

#42 Mr. 4.37

Mr. 4.37

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts
  • Location5th dimension

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

There's always a reason to watch DAL even if they suck. You can focus on young players to add to th core an get ready for th draft. Or DAL can be winning an take u along for a ride, either way, you can find valid reason to watch.

I feel et's cool ppl are tuning out overall an doing other things with their life...this society needs a more well-rounded herd w/ relevant interest, NFLs dominate run won't last forever.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered" - Mark Cuban - speaking on NFL's popularity.
  • Rawhide 74 likes this

"We take calculated risk associated with victory" - Mike Tomlin

#43 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

There's always a reason to watch DAL even if they suck. You can focus on young players to add to th core an get ready for th draft. Or DAL can be winning an take u along for a ride, either way, you can find valid reason to watch.

I feel et's cool ppl are tuning out overall an doing other things with their life...this society needs a more well-rounded herd w/ relevant interest, NFLs dominate run won't last forever.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered" - Mark Cuban - speaking on NFL's popularity.

Yep Garretts clock management ruins the players best efforts but I can still watch the boys and find some things that please me .

The rest of the NFL is another Story .  The only thing that draws me now is listening to a game that Tony is doing to see how he is getting on in the broadcasting booth.  I think from what I have heard he is doing a very good job.

• Mr. 4.37 likes this

#44 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

I completely understand where you are coming from.

I feel mrsouthpaw described it best for me a few posts up.  The threads initially started were a reaction to week 3.  It's afterwards that people who said they were done with the game came back and started to trash the NFL, my NFL.  

I felt the issue was going to slowly die out (I thought sponsors sent a message last year with the Denver player), but week 3 happened.  All because one person wanted revenge.  So it's now messing (would use a much stronger word) with my NFL, imperfections and all.  

At a certain point, you have to ask yourself, if the players weren't called SOB's, would they have done what they did?  And then the brouhaha the kneeling has caused, are we enjoying it?  I guess some are, but for many of us, this is ruining the season in way one or another.

How many players kneeled in weeks 1-2?  How many players have kneeled/locked arms since week 3?  What was the 1 factor that changed events from the first 2 weeks to week 3 to present? 

If on these forums, if I called you out as an SOB, and just targeted you, I would imagine you would respond back in kind.  And justifiably so.    

The man with the unique hair was speaking for most fans and standing up for the country. You may not have been paying attention to the anthem issue before that but millions of Americans have been since Fidel Kaepernick started that crap last year. It was already a big deal and was already impacting ratings. 

If someone is more offended by someone calling someone who's disrespecting the flag and country an "SOB" than they are by disrespect to the flag and country, then I have to question their priorities as Americans and human beings.  The comments by the man with the unique hair helped bring this issue to a head and give it the focused attention it deserves. Because of that we've got at least two teams so far, ours and the Dolphins, openly stating no one will be allowed to disrespect the anthem. The Cowboys were already showing respect but I think Jerry did that in part as a message to the rest of the league. Hopefully it listens because this isn't going away. 

#45 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

The man with the unique hair was speaking for most fans and standing up for the country. You may not have been paying attention to the anthem issue before that but millions of Americans have been since Fidel Kaepernick started that crap last year. It was already a big deal and was already impacting ratings. 

If someone is more offended by someone calling someone who's disrespecting the flag and country an "SOB" than they are by disrespect to the flag and country, then I have to question their priorities as Americans and human beings.  The comments by the man with the unique hair helped bring this issue to a head and give it the focused attention it deserves. Because of that we've got at least two teams so far, ours and the Dolphins, openly stating no one will be allowed to disrespect the anthem. The Cowboys were already showing respect but I think Jerry did that in part as a message to the rest of the league. Hopefully it listens because this isn't going away. 

I am a fan of the NFL, so it would be remiss of me if I didn't follow it.  

It was gonna die down.  But one person wanted to stick it to the NFL instead of making sure American citizens were protected during a devastating hurricane.  Priorities would mean making sure American citizens are safe and sound and have the help that they need when they need it.

His comments brought the issue not to a head, but rather poured gasoline on embers.  When even Kap said he would stand for the anthem if on a team, market forces played a factor into his announcement.  Market forces were already playing a factor into many other players' decision as well.  But we have NEVER, in the history of the NFL, seen the whole league directly rebuke POTUS for his SOB comments.

As for insinuating I don't follow the events, this coming from someone with a fraction of my posts?  Where were you last year?  :)  In fact, I am sure if we compared all the posts I have made on the anthem protests/Kap, etc, it would outnumber your 167 posts on this site.

Yes the anthem issue has been around, but yes also it was not going to be that newsworthy.  Even the Browns, who said they wanted to do something for the anthem decided not to make a scene.  Even Jim Brown came out and said what he said before the season.  And that is probably how a good portion of this nation feels.  But then the tweeter in chief had to do his thing.

I hate to say it, but people got played into the plans of a guy who dodged the draft and ridiculed a POW and Gold Star family.  That's American?  Somehow, I would imagine if anyone saw the description "Dodged the Draft and Insulted POW and Gold Star Family," many would probably think that does not personify a patriotic American.  To each their own though.

And now he has been throwing passive threats to American citizens who still need hurricane relief help.  Where are the priorities?  :)

• Mr. 4.37 likes this

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#46 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Funny how things have changed in re the anthem at sporting events.

Before 9/11, when the anthem was played, the whole crowd would say "Ohhhhh" on the part of "Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave."  It was more of a happy, jester type "Ohhhhhh."

So were people back then not being patriotic?  I noticed it stop happening after 9/11, which is understandable. 

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#47 Mr. 4.37

Mr. 4.37

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts
  • Location5th dimension

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Bosd, most definitely would like to see aid/solutions for Houston, Puerto Rico, an Virgin Islands...all that is more important than anything happening at a football game. So wonder why POTUS would direct attention to th NFL, most don't even notice when they getting played cause their hate blinds them.
  • bosd likes this

"We take calculated risk associated with victory" - Mike Tomlin

#48 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:52 AM

Bosd, most definitely would like to see aid/solutions for Houston, Puerto Rico, an Virgin Islands...all that is more important than anything happening at a football game. So wonder why POTUS would direct attention to th NFL, most don't even notice when they getting played cause their hate blinds them.

Unfortunately, hate is now more marketable than anything.

• bosd likes this

Jason Garrett - Mr. Positivity --> NO, JUST NO!

(j/k)

k45i52tv4edotwl6g.jpg

Aaron Rodgers: The Sultan of Smug

kor86282w8tf93b6g.jpg

#49 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

I am a fan of the NFL, so it would be remiss of me if I didn't follow it.  

It was gonna die down.  But one person wanted to stick it to the NFL instead of making sure American citizens were protected during a devastating hurricane.  Priorities would mean making sure American citizens are safe and sound and have the help that they need when they need it.

Yawn. Logical fallacy. He can and did do both. Actually his handling of the various disasters has generally been praised by all but the most hard core partisans. 

His comments brought the issue not to a head, but rather poured gasoline on embers.  When even Kap said he would stand for the anthem if on a team, market forces played a factor into his announcement.  Market forces were already playing a factor into many other players' decision as well.  But we have NEVER, in the history of the NFL, seen the whole league directly rebuke POTUS for his SOB comments.

We haven't seen fans having to rebuke the NFL like this for its anti-American actions....until now. Again though, that's been going on since this started early last year, long before Trump's comments. You keep ignoring the fact that this boycott effort was already under way and having a significant impact on ratings. I was referring to Trump's comments focusing the media's attention on it, instead of just covering "protesters" with a tone of praise while ignoring those who oppose them and the growing fan uprising. There may have only been a few people protesting but it was more than last year and the league clearly had no intention of ending it. Patriotic fans are fed up with the double standards.  They're the reason Trump spoke out, not the other way around. 

The league "rebuke" didn't last very long, LOL!  Jerry and at least one other owner (Miami) have publicly made it clear that no one will be allowed to disrespect the flag. Even Goodell the weasel is trying to come up with some face saving way of ending the protests. Meanwhile the fans' and the president's rebuke of the NFL continues. 

The NFL picked a fight with America. The NFL is losing. 

I won't bother replying to your other comments lest this thread gets locked down and suspensions ensue, but feel free to look up available polls on how the military and veterans voted if you sincerely care about such people's values and want to do something other than use them as a prop for misleading cheap shots. Or to how police groups have responded to the protests, some of which you alluded to. 

As for insinuating I don't follow the events, this coming from someone with a fraction of my posts?  Where were you last year?   In fact, I am sure if we compared all the posts I have made on the anthem protests/Kap, etc, it would outnumber your 167 posts on this site.

LOL! I've been a die hard Cowboys fan my entire life. My knowledge of the team's history and the educated passion with which I yell at the tv during every game crushes yours. I'm confident saying that because it crushes that of everyone I've ever met or encountered online.  I rarely post here both because this forum is almost dead and because I don't care for how this site is run now. Not that it's necessary to be a fan, but I have spent countless hours over the years defending the Cowboys online in a multitude of ways on a multitude of sites with different screennames, usually in neutral territory or behind enemy lines, doing things likes arguing for old school Cowboys like Chuck Howley to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, for example, and debating this protest issue extensively since it started last year. I try to find places where I can engage actual HoF voters, media figures, or other influential personnel. I only stopped by here out of curiosity to see how posters here were responding to the anthem stuff and then Jerry's pronouncement. I saw some misinformation being spread on stuff like ratings and decided to intervene to help combat it. 

#50 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Yawn. Logical fallacy. He can and did do both. Actually his handling of the various disasters has generally been praised by all but the most hard core partisans. 

We haven't seen fans having to rebuke the NFL like this for its anti-American actions....until now. Again though, that's been going on since this started early last year, long before Trump's comments. You keep ignoring the fact that this boycott effort was already under way and having a significant impact on ratings. I was referring to Trump's comments focusing the media's attention on it, instead of just covering "protesters" with a tone of praise while ignoring those who oppose them and the growing fan uprising. There may have only been a few people protesting but it was more than last year and the league clearly had no intention of ending it. Patriotic fans are fed up with the double standards.  They're the reason Trump spoke out, not the other way around. 

The league "rebuke" didn't last very long, LOL!  Jerry and at least one other owner (Miami) have publicly made it clear that no one will be allowed to disrespect the flag. Even Goodell the weasel is trying to come up with some face saving way of ending the protests. Meanwhile the fans' and the president's rebuke of the NFL continues. 

The NFL picked a fight with America. The NFL is losing. 

I won't bother replying to your other comments lest this thread gets locked down and suspensions ensue, but feel free to look up available polls on how the military and veterans voted if you sincerely care about such people's values and want to do something other than use them as a prop for misleading cheap shots. Or to how police groups have responded to the protests, some of which you alluded to. 

LOL! I've been a die hard Cowboys fan my entire life. My knowledge of the team's history and the educated passion with which I yell at the tv during every game crushes yours. I'm confident saying that because it crushes that of everyone I've ever met or encountered online.  I rarely post here both because this forum is almost dead and because I don't care for how this site is run now. Not that it's necessary to be a fan, but I have spent countless hours over the years defending the Cowboys online in a multitude of ways on a multitude of sites with different screennames, usually in neutral territory or behind enemy lines, doing things likes arguing for old school Cowboys like Chuck Howley to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, for example, and debating this protest issue extensively since it started last year. I try to find places where I can engage actual HoF voters, media figures, or other influential personnel. I only stopped by here out of curiosity to see how posters here were responding to the anthem stuff and then Jerry's pronouncement. I saw some misinformation being spread on stuff like ratings and decided to intervene to help combat it. 

Oh course, he can say and tweet all he wants (and that hasn't stopped him from tweeting fake news to try and take us into war and didn't even consult his intelligence agencies before he tweeted out that Iran had test fired a missile and tried to tie it to NK) but he is the one that went and stirred things up.  His handling of the hurricane relief has been roundly criticized.  You have to start reading more news sources than the ones you just go to.  Is that why he made a second trip to Houston and had a re-do?  This is a not a video game.  And you really are going to say his response to PR and the VI was laudatory?  The guy is threatening aid to American citizens in a time of need.  that's laudatory?  How can one extoll such actions?  Where are the priorities?  :)

True we haven't seen the entire fanbase rebuke the players.  I know just as many people who support the players and I know just as many people who do not support the players in re kneeling and just as many people who just wanna see football.  Are the people who support the players kneeling no longer fans because they don't agree with your views?  

And we saw the players and the owners rebuke POTUS and THAT we have never ever seen in the history of modern NFL.  It didn't matter that it was only for 1 weekend.  It was a show of force by the NFL and they told POTUS to stick it himself.  When is the last time you saw owners on the 50 yard line kneeling with their players?  I haven't seen it at all and I know you haven't either up until week 3.  There was no precedent for that.

The NFL is a business.  They saw what was happening to their image from DV.  The calls for boycotting the NFL were louder after Ray Rice than they were for Kap last year.

As for some poll about how the military feels, There are plenty of current military and vets who support the players' right to protest and there are plenty who do not.  It was a veteran who suggested to Kap that he kneel and not sit.  Many have also stated that they do not like Kap's actions, but support his right to do his protest, ironically, one of the freedoms that they are fighting for.

Interestingly enough, the freedoms we are fighting for, the only time this nation's freedoms were ever in jeopardy was under the British Govt in Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.  There was the Cold War but we also had MAD.   We were fighting capitalism v. communism but this nations freedoms were never in jeopardy since 1812.   We have lost more freedoms to our own govt than from outside forces.   

I am sure you are an ardent Cowboys fan.  You have to be to be posting in these forums.  Of course I know what is happening in the NFL and it was a reminder for you not to assume people on these boards are not aware of current events, especially since we have been discussing them since it happened last year.  If you don't care for how this site is run now, then the title of the thread pertains to you and your ilk who come on these boards to start things up.  Talk football, that's one thing.  But don't come on these boards to do drive by posts/threads; people can do that on their own social media page.

As for the bolded:

Are people actually patriotic if they dodge the draft?  Why are the draft dodgers the biggest loud mouths?  Ted Nugent also comes to mind,  He dodged the draft and now he wears patriotism like a banner.  Dick Cheney also comes to mind.  Furthermore, attack/insult a POW?  Only a coward does that crap. Not even a huge McCain fan and I found it absolutely disgusting that he got ridiculed the way he did by candidate Trump.  What is it with America that we put patriotism on a pedestal but we let the least patriotic lead us to war?  Those who have never fought in a war are usually the quickest ones to lead us to war.  At least Hitler was a solider in the army.

You were going on and on about patriotism but your hero is some one who does not personify patriotism.

Kaneh-Bosm

#51 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Again, to try to avoid having the drive by, non-football thread you started locked down, I'll side step all the off topic political garbage you just spewed, except to say that there's an ever bigger gap between our knowledge in that arena than there is on Cowboys history. I'm not impressed by your clumsy regurgitation of a few wrong talking points.  You should really get out more. 

Businesses make mistakes all the time, especially if they're poorly led and out of touch with their own customers. In this case a delusional, politically motivated media made things worse. 

The NFL "rebuke" of the POTUS failed in such spectacular fashion that only a couple of weeks later panicked owners and networks decided to stop airing the protests and minimizing discussion of them in hopes that fans would forget about them, LOL! 

Even in week 3 only a minority of players protested. Most just stood respectfully for the anthem. The percentage of fans who have quit watching the NFL is higher than the percentage of players who tried to rebuke anyone. Many fans still attending games loudly booed the protests, making clear where they stand. 

Even Nate Boyer, the vet you allude to, wanted Kaepernick to stand for the anthem. The kneeling was sort of an awkward compromise because Boyer was being overly nice, not an ideal situation. This vet's views are way more representative of the military. A Seahawks fan for 41 years, he spoke for minutes about how their protests are spitting in the face of everyone who fought and bled for the country, regardless of alleged intent, and then he burned all of his Seahawks gear. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqVzqxxU8Sk

As he clearly explains, he's exercising HIS first amendment right to protest the team. As for the players' alleged rights, while in uniform at a game they only have whatever rights their employer allows them to have on this front. 

Interestingly enough, the freedoms we are fighting for, the only time this nation's freedoms were ever in jeopardy was under the British Govt in Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.  There was the Cold War but we also had MAD.   We were fighting capitalism v. communism but this nations freedoms were never in jeopardy since 1812.   We have lost more freedoms to our own govt than from outside forces.   

It's unclear what you're trying to argue here. Are you saying the flag shouldn't be honored? I'd like a clarification before I respond to this. 

I am sure you are an ardent Cowboys fan.  You have to be to be posting in these forums.  Of course I know what is happening in the NFL and it was a reminder for you not to assume people on these boards are not aware of current events, especially since we have been discussing them since it happened last year.  If you don't care for how this site is run now, then the title of the thread pertains to you and your ilk who come on these boards to start things up.  Talk football, that's one thing.  But don't come on these boards to do drive by posts/threads; people can do that on their own social media page.

Wrong. The fact that I'm here replying shows I didn't pop in just for one day to post a drive by thread or two. This isn't even my thread. Your headline certainly does not apply to me since I never said I was done with the NFL. I've consistently said from the beginning (last year) that I would be done if my team, the Cowboys, disrespected the flag. I've been saying for the past year that I'm proud to be a Cowboys fan because they've always been standing for the anthem. But I fully support fans of teams that aren't in their boycott. I'm not sure what "current events" comment I supposedly made that you're referring to, but you haven't said anything so far that's surprised me in any way. 

#52 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

In fact I'm not sure your headline applies to anyone. You haven't provided any examples of people who supposedly said they were completely done with the NFL and then still showed up to post here. And even if they do....so what? There's nothing contradictory about ending NFL viewership and coming to online forums to encourage others to stop watching. That's the point of a boycott. Your thread's entire premise is wrong on multiple levels. 

• DDdave2 likes this

#53 DDdave2

DDdave2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

In fact I'm not sure your headline applies to anyone. You haven't provided any examples of people who supposedly said they were completely done with the NFL and then still showed up to post here. And even if they do....so what? There's nothing contradictory about ending NFL viewership and coming to online forums to encourage others to stop watching. That's the point of a boycott. Your thread's entire premise is wrong on multiple levels.

This ^^. I haven't watched an NFL game in the last 4 weeks. No pre-game or post-games on ESPN, NFLN or other networks. I have followed the Cowboys on The Score app only. Not sure if or what they pay the NFL for rights but I can guarantee it isn't anywhere near TV rights. I can still come here and discuss the NFL Boycott without any problem. Its just a forum.

"Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball"

#54 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

The guy who hasn't called the families of fallen service members and claims that former Presidents rarely called the families.  Then he had to walk it back a bit.

Patriotic enough?

I guess he can't stop stickin it to Gold Star families.

Kaneh-Bosm

#55 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Again, to try to avoid having the drive by, non-football thread you started locked down, I'll side step all the off topic political garbage you just spewed, except to say that there's an ever bigger gap between our knowledge in that arena than there is on Cowboys history. I'm not impressed by your clumsy regurgitation of a few wrong talking points.  You should really get out more. 

Businesses make mistakes all the time, especially if they're poorly led and out of touch with their own customers. In this case a delusional, politically motivated media made things worse. 

The NFL "rebuke" of the POTUS failed in such spectacular fashion that only a couple of weeks later panicked owners and networks decided to stop airing the protests and minimizing discussion of them in hopes that fans would forget about them, LOL! 

Even in week 3 only a minority of players protested. Most just stood respectfully for the anthem. The percentage of fans who have quit watching the NFL is higher than the percentage of players who tried to rebuke anyone. Many fans still attending games loudly booed the protests, making clear where they stand. 

Even Nate Boyer, the vet you allude to, wanted Kaepernick to stand for the anthem. The kneeling was sort of an awkward compromise because Boyer was being overly nice, not an ideal situation. This vet's views are way more representative of the military. A Seahawks fan for 41 years, he spoke for minutes about how their protests are spitting in the face of everyone who fought and bled for the country, regardless of alleged intent, and then he burned all of his Seahawks gear. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqVzqxxU8Sk

As he clearly explains, he's exercising HIS first amendment right to protest the team. As for the players' alleged rights, while in uniform at a game they only have whatever rights their employer allows them to have on this front. 

It's unclear what you're trying to argue here. Are you saying the flag shouldn't be honored? I'd like a clarification before I respond to this. 

Wrong. The fact that I'm here replying shows I didn't pop in just for one day to post a drive by thread or two. This isn't even my thread. Your headline certainly does not apply to me since I never said I was done with the NFL. I've consistently said from the beginning (last year) that I would be done if my team, the Cowboys, disrespected the flag. I've been saying for the past year that I'm proud to be a Cowboys fan because they've always been standing for the anthem. But I fully support fans of teams that aren't in their boycott. I'm not sure what "current events" comment I supposedly made that you're referring to, but you haven't said anything so far that's surprised me in any way. 

This nation is bound by a set of laws and the SC ruled that flag burning was a constitutional right.  Whether I side with the SC or not is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that the highest court in the nation ruled it as such and until there is a case that comes up that overturns that ruling, it doesn't matter what I feel when it comes down to it.

We are governed by a set of laws.  When we become capricious about enforcing the laws of this nation, that is when tyranny or fascism takes a hold and when it does, it gets very ugly.

So why are you trying to draw lines in the sand about whether I support the flag or not?  LOL.  

You may be coming around for more than just once, but why are you drawing lines in the sand?  Do you talk football more or the anthem issue more when you come on these boards?

Kaneh-Bosm

#56 krl97a

krl97a

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 PM

bosd: Interestingly enough, the freedoms we are fighting for, the only time this nation's freedoms were ever in jeopardy was under the British Govt in Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.  There was the Cold War but we also had MAD.   We were fighting capitalism v. communism but this nations freedoms were never in jeopardy since 1812.   We have lost more freedoms to our own govt than from outside forces.   

krl97a: It's unclear what you're trying to argue here. Are you saying the flag shouldn't be honored? I'd like a clarification before I respond to this. 

bosd: This nation is bound by a set of laws and the SC ruled that flag burning was a constitutional right.  Whether I side with the SC or not is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that the highest court in the nation ruled it as such and until there is a case that comes up that overturns that ruling, it doesn't matter what I feel when it comes down to it.

We are governed by a set of laws.  When we become capricious about enforcing the laws of this nation, that is when tyranny or fascism takes a hold and when it does, it gets very ugly.

So why are you trying to draw lines in the sand about whether I support the flag or not?  LOL.

No one said anything about the legality of flag burning. I asked what the point of your comment about American history was. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users