You are here

Photo

BREAKING NEWS!!! Ezekiel Elliott suspension back on for now.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
456 replies to this topic

#441 BoysHeelsEers

BoysHeelsEers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Agreed.   We know Zeke is reckless and perhaps a little stupid.   But that doesn't justify giving the league carte blanche to impose draconian punishments.    There is no tipping point where no punishment is too much.  

And try to imagine how Max McGee would be seen today.    He is a legend for.....breaking team curfew and staying out all night partying with two flight attendants the night before the Super Bowl...and then coming off the bench to have a great game.   He actually caught the very first touchdown pass in SB history and some say he should have been the MVP instead of Starr.

https://www.si.com/n...rs-super-bowl-I

There are stories like that all over the place in sports history.   These guys have never been angels and frequently had a disregard for team rules.

Bobby Lane has some classics as well.  The 90's Cowboys + Social Media = WOW

• Harpospoke likes this

#442 BoysHeelsEers

BoysHeelsEers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

He cares Have you thought about if he is Truly innocent of DV why would he not tire out every avenue to clear his name? its not something you'd want on your record if you were innocent.. The biggest issue with the 6 game DV suspension is its a strike the 2nd of which would get home a full year or lifetime ban, you think that's fair for someone that didn't get arrested, convicted, or any real proof it ever happened and the female has major issues with lying and shows she had it out for Zeke because he broke up with her and there's proof these injury's came from her fighting anther female but she clearly says she get him in texts to her and her friends..so much inconsistency's the real authority's say they aren't touching this....

SO you think a player who actually gets convicted of DV gets 6 games and one has not also got 6 games and the same punishment? 

Its not only his money but his reputation on the line and the reason they are taken this as far as they can through areal court is RG and the NFKLs monkey court is truly unfair if the punishment is the same for convicted DV players and others like zeke where only the appearance it might have happened, really? then the appeal goes right back to the same people who handed down the punishment, that is ridiculous. This is the sole reason for the courts getting involved its not just to clear Zeke but really someone needs to force change on this NFL hands down judgements and hears appeals..

NOW if you want o argue he broke the NFL rule where he has done enough to tarnish the nfls reputation rule than he should get a game or two for that, that's different  but DV get him 6 plus any future problems of any kind now gets him possible lifetime ban, no way you cave on that if you felt you were innocent..6 games was ridiculous for FEELING like SOMTHIG could have happened when anther player who was convicted get the same, really?

if in the appeal the NFL would have changed their judgement to say no clear proof of domestic violence happened but it was clear that this incident amongst the little other ie traffic violation and shirt pulling broke the other rule, and reduced to 2 games ..that's a fair and would be over with..period.

some of you miss that point..

hes losing not only game money. bonuses, but also future endorsements..

Great Post and all points ignored on here over and over!

• bluebloood70, TexasTriumph and Harpospoke like this

#443 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Even if the court were to find in Zeke’s favor I don’t know if that would wipe out the suspension permanently. The court isn’t ruling on whether the NFL can suspend, only if Zeke was afforded access to the info he needed to appeal the NFLs decision. I assume theNFL could still suspend and then give Zekeanewappeal hearing in which he has access to the info.

I depends on what they rule. If they find in favor of Zeke and determine that the process was unfair, the league could have to revamp its system to bring it into compliance with the courts. Zeke could also argue that that based upon the negative outcome of the case, the league would not be capable of conducting a fair hearing and the court could mandate a truly independent arbitration.

#444 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,965 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

I depends on what they rule. If they find in favor of Zeke and determine that the process was unfair, the league could have to revamp its system to bring it into compliance with the courts. Zeke could also argue that that based upon the negative outcome of the case, the league would not be capable of conducting a fair hearing and the court could mandate a truly independent arbitration.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the court case is about whether the process is unfair in general, I think it's about whether it was unfair in this particular situation because the NFL failed to allow access to all information.  If so, fixing the problem is as simple as allowing access.    The courts supported the process in the Brady case, and I don't see a reason they wouldn't in this one.   As for independent arbitration, even if that were to take place there isn't a guarantee Zeke gets off.  We can't forget that the NFL is not bound by same standards of evidence the judicial system is. 

#445 Nubz-021

Nubz-021

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

Denied bye zeke

#446 Harpospoke

Harpospoke

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Even if the court were to find in Zeke’s favor I don’t know if that would wipe out the suspension permanently. The court isn’t ruling on whether the NFL can suspend, only if Zeke was afforded access to the info he needed to appeal the NFLs decision. I assume theNFL could still suspend and then give Zekeanewappeal hearing in which he has access to the info.

Good point.    Goodell seems hell bent on doing it so he could just do it all again....allow Zeke's team access....and issue the same ruling again.    Zeke doesn't have the normal legal rights with him.   If Goodell wants to do something, he can do it.

#447 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the court case is about whether the process is unfair in general, I think it's about whether it was unfair in this particular situation because the NFL failed to allow access to all information.  If so, fixing the problem is as simple as allowing access.    The courts supported the process in the Brady case, and I don't see a reason they wouldn't in this one.   As for independent arbitration, even if that were to take place there isn't a guarantee Zeke gets off.  We can't forget that the NFL is not bound by same standards of evidence the judicial system is. 

Here is the issue though. If the NFL arbitration is found to be "arbitrary and capricious" in this case, what is the guarantee if they give him another arbitration hearing that they will simply uphold the original suspension just out of spite for Zeke and the NFLPA taking the NFL to court? That is what they will argue. It would seem reasonable for the league to punish Zeke in this way and a court could go to a truly independent arbitrator. This is what the NFLPA is going for. They are looking to publicly smack the league for exploiting its power rather than using the mandate of the CBA to ensure fairness and due process.

• Harpospoke likes this

#448 capcomeback

capcomeback

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Good point.    Goodell seems hell bent on doing it so he could just do it all again....allow Zeke's team access....and issue the same ruling again.    Zeke doesn't have the normal legal rights with him.   If Goodell wants to do something, he can do it.

See above. If this goes the route of an independent arbitrator, it opens the door for Kia Roberts, Tiffany Thompson, Roger Goodell, etc. all testifying under oath and with Jeffrey Kessler putting them on the hot seat.

• Harpospoke likes this

#449 heathgs

heathgs

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,277 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Since Zeke is so good and is averaging 3.7 ypc, what are you guys anticipating from the scrub RBs? < 3.0 ypc?

• bluebloood70 likes this

#450 Rogers

Rogers

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 15,965 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Here is the issue though. If the NFL arbitration is found to be "arbitrary and capricious" in this case, what is the guarantee if they give him another arbitration hearing that they will simply uphold the original suspension just out of spite for Zeke and the NFLPA taking the NFL to court? That is what they will argue. It would seem reasonable for the league to punish Zeke in this way and a court could go to a truly independent arbitrator. This is what the NFLPA is going for. They are looking to publicly smack the league for exploiting its power rather than using the mandate of the CBA to ensure fairness and due process.

I get your point, but again, there are no certainties even with an independent arbiter because the standard of proof for the NFL still doesn't have to meet the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard that the criminal justice system requires. 

#451 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,582 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

He still has the fact that 3 of the investigators think he's guilty and 1 does not so I am not sure what any court case will change about this.  He should sue her and get her into court and see if they can break her story because the 1 in his corner thinks she's not credible.

The NFL was granted the right to administer punishment to players based on their own standards and that may not be cool with most here but they were given that latitude in meting out their own "judgments".

He has to prove his innocence now since the NFL has removed reasonable doubt and the way they've been all over this, they want him to serve his sentence.

#452 bluebloood70

bluebloood70

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

Since Zeke is so good and is averaging 3.7 ypc, what are you guys anticipating from the scrub RBs? < 3.0 ypc?

OK lets get this correct Yes his YTD avg is that but the last 3 games hes been getting better , look at that last drive on the [packers etc..things were starting to turn around and the Oline was rounding into form..

So I might have expected Zeke to get back to 4.5+ YPC(5.1 last season) as the season progressed.. I expect the 3.7 from the backups but as long as the cowboys stay with the run they can still play their game and I also have been seeing signs of Dak hitting his stride so they wont stack the box as much ..so lets be positive and if zeke isn't here we will be good but will want him back asap..his numbers weren't special the first 3 games but he still is..

#453 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,555 posts
  • Location714

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

Uh....we're screwed!

demoralized-eagles-fans-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

f304becd6fde9e4f7ffca8a3e9a5f484.jpg

#454 Spartacuslives

Spartacuslives

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Its official. Zeke sits for 6 games.

#455 Relayer

Relayer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 17,218 posts
  • LocationChristchurch NZ. (Go All Blacks)

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Denied bye zeke

What?

The Oline has been coming along. They seem to just need some time with the 2 new starters.

CiG_s24XIAEVCjU.jpg?

The hardest hitter in football. :)

Darrell Royal

I might say this: we’ve always been a running team and I’m sure we will continue to be so. (We’ve been criticized for it, I might add.) But I’ve always felt that three things can happen to you whenever you throw the football, and two of them are bad. You can catch the ball, you can throw it incomplete, or have it intercepted.

#456 bleedblue1111

bleedblue1111

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

Go Dallas!
  • TexasTriumph likes this

#457 TexasTriumph

TexasTriumph

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

Zeke to play against the 49ers....great news, there is no team I would hate to lose to more!!

• bleedblue1111 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users