Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

So it was never truly Romo's fault?

***Runs for cover***

It was always the quarterbacks fault right up until week 1 of 2016 season

It was precisely at that moment that football became a team game in Dallas again
  • Northern_Cowboy, America's Team, GongJr and 3 others like this

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

Let's follow Dak's advice.

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#4 R.D.

R.D.

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Romo ever get sacked 8 times in one game..?  Just curious..... :ph34r:

• Fan08 likes this

cowboys-cheerleader_12_.jpg

#5 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

Romo ever get sacked 8 times in one game..? Just curious..... :ph34r:

If he didn’t it’s because he was getting rid of the ball quicker

At times he played behind much worse offensive lines than what we saw yesterday

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#6 bluebloood70

bluebloood70

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

It was always the quarterbacks fault right up until week 1 of 2016 season

It was precisely at that moment that football became a team game in Dallas again

I only blamed Romo when it was truly his fault, and this Gme was not on DAK..the guy had zero blocking and really not just green but as bad as green was it was effecting Coper as well and cooper had what two or three holding calls..

This is a QBs blind side and no QB would have been able to stand in there all game and not get happy feet and just start bailing right..it definitely effected Dak and I am for one not going to blame him..

he had a Backup playing left tackle that coulnt block at all, a struggling L guard holding a backup RB, a Backup Tight end, yes Barwin was there if you didn't notice with Swaim out

add LEE and Baily out this was one of those games where next man up failed and as a team we lost with the offense punting all the time the defense got worn out and the bend finally broke late in the third after the missed FG..that FG miss just seemed to deflate the last breath we had.. 

Romo ever get sacked 8 times in one game..?  Just curious..... :ph34r:

aikman got sacked 11 times by the eagles as a rookie .so theres that but I bet it wasn't by one guy :))

#7 Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

There wasn't a single time a player sacked romo 6 times by himself.

#FreeZekiel

#8 LegendaryLandry

LegendaryLandry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Dak played his heart out. Oline, lee injured, and coaching kinda ruined it.

Dez dropping passes didn't help either.

***Runs for cover***

Yes id like to order my Cowboy Blinders please...Heavy on the tent...how much you say?

#9 Northern_Cowboy

Northern_Cowboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts
  • LocationNorth of Dallas

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:23 PM

I only blamed Romo when it was truly his fault, and this Gme was not on DAK..the guy had zero blocking and really not just green but as bad as green was it was effecting Coper as well and cooper had what two or three holding calls..

This is a QBs blind side and no QB would have been able to stand in there all game and not get happy feet and just start bailing right..it definitely effected Dak and I am for one not going to blame him..

he had a Backup playing left tackle that coulnt block at all, a struggling L guard holding a backup RB, a Backup Tight end, yes Barwin was there if you didn't notice with Swaim out

add LEE and Baily out this was one of those games where next man up failed and as a team we lost with the offense punting all the time the defense got worn out and the bend finally broke late in the third after the missed FG..that FG miss just seemed to deflate the last breath we had.. 

aikman got sacked 11 times by the eagles as a rookie .so theres that but I bet it wasn't by one guy :))

I agree with you, Dak had no help and was under pressure, the only thing i would add and this goes directly to experience with Dak, is at what point in the game should Dak have been changing some of the protections at the line of scrimmage to say stick a TE on that side to help Green and chip the defender? Unless he is not allowed to make those changes as per the coaches then at least a little bit of the fault has to lie with him, at some point as a QB you need to help yourself too

• CB61 and R.D. like this

#10 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:23 PM

There wasn't a single time a player sacked romo 6 times by himself.

You’re probably right for the same reason I listed earlier. He got rid of the ball quicker

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#11 cwbyfan88

cwbyfan88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

That's the crazy thing the entire offense of line wasn't that bad. It was just the left tackle position. The most important position on the offense of line. The Blind Side. And our coaching staff was incompetent to get any kind of help on that side whatsoever.
  • Ballhawk, R.D. and Hennessy_King like this

#12 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,742 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

QBs will always should the blame and success. Most of the time it wasn’t Romo fault the Cowboys lost. I think his problem were some fans always remembered the game he threw 4 or 5 INTs or threw an INT in the last minute of a game. There are many QBs who have done the same.

Dak isn’t the best passer from the pocket but he’s a good young QB especially for the price they’re paying. Kind of like the Seahawks got with Wilson before he got paid.

Both QBs are/were good enough to be on a SB team but they need running games and a defense. You can say that about almost all QBs. Very few can actually carry a team almost by themselves.
  • R.D. likes this

9tn384.jpg

#13 Creeper

Creeper

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Stop with the Romo garbage.  This has nothing to do with Romo.  I would not disagree that Dak maybe held the ball little bit yesterday but Dak also throws very few interceptions.  Romo lost some games single handedly by throwing ints when he had a big lead.  Have you forgotten those games?  Romo was a good QB.  Th biggest problem I had with him was he was getting paid like a great QB, which he was not.  His contract hurt the Cowboys.  Its not his fault, it's Jerry's but little difference in the end.

Dak is not a very accurate passer most of the time which means his receivers have to be open.  He can't "throw them open".  The Cowboys do not have any great receiver.  Dez is not fast and does not get open.  His strength is he will adjust to the ball and fight for it when its in the air.  But still, a QB needs time in the pocket.  The Cowbos OL did not allow him that time.

Yesterday's loss was not Dak's.  I have only seen a left tackle play that poorly once before years ago.  I believe in that game Michael Strahan abused some backup the way Clayborne abused Green and Bell.

The Cowboys coaches should have adjusted once the saw Green was overmatched.  There are several ways to do that and the Cowboys didn't use any of them until it was too late. 

Every DE in the league is going to watch the tape of how Clayborne worked against Green and Bell and they will do the same thing.  This is where th Cowboys coaches earn their money or don't.

Would it make sense to move Collins over to LT, where he played in college, and move Green or Bell to RT?  

#14 bluebloood70

bluebloood70

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Stop with the Romo garbage.  This has nothing to do with Romo.  I would not disagree that Dak maybe held the ball little bit yesterday but Dak also throws very few interceptions.  Romo lost some games single handedly by throwing ints when he had a big lead.  Have you forgotten those games?  Romo was a good QB.  Th biggest problem I had with him was he was getting paid like a great QB, which he was not.  His contract hurt the Cowboys.  Its not his fault, it's Jerry's but little difference in the end.

Dak is not a very accurate passer most of the time which means his receivers have to be open.  He can't "throw them open".  The Cowboys do not have any great receiver.  Dez is not fast and does not get open.  His strength is he will adjust to the ball and fight for it when its in the air.  But still, a QB needs time in the pocket.  The Cowbos OL did not allow him that time.

Yesterday's loss was not Dak's.  I have only seen a left tackle play that poorly once before years ago.  I believe in that game Michael Strahan abused some backup the way Clayborne abused Green and Bell.

The Cowboys coaches should have adjusted once the saw Green was overmatched.  There are several ways to do that and the Cowboys didn't use any of them until it was too late. 

Every DE in the league is going to watch the tape of how Clayborne worked against Green and Bell and they will do the same thing.  This is where th Cowboys coaches earn their money or don't.

Would it make sense to move Collins over to LT, where he played in college, and move Green or Bell to RT?  

seriously , than Clayborn moves tto the right., a bad player is a bad player ..good rushers move left right middle wherever your weakness is,,that would not have helped weakening two positions Collins is still trying to get comfortable at RT..you leave him there and find a better LT backup..maybe Bell with practice and use help on the side

they obviously gave Green too much rope to hang himself and how they waited so late to get some hep, but even with help he was getting beat.. and finally brought Bell in.. bell should have been brought in after the 3rd sack by Clayborn in a row..that should have set off some alarm and than after he got beat to the outside when he had help inside from Cooper..OMG

BTW Romo was a great QB, period end of story..look at his TD/INT ratio for his career all the 4th qtr combacks QBT etc etc..he was almost always top 5 in the league year in and year out, at his worst top 1..he wasn't overpaid look at Cousins and others.. 

was he Elite like Brady, rogers, Brees, or Pmanning ? No but who is? 

he was firmly at the top of the second group with Ben, Rivers, and others..

He owns nearly all the Cowboys records as an Undrafted Free agent get off his back already, hes gone..but if you look at his overall career numbers he high up on the list..seriously he ws a great Franchise QB and had a solid career..

you remember 5 bad games over 13 years but forget he was the glue that even on an 8-8 season saved us from being Cleveland and being 3-13 1-15 0-9 etc etc if you cant see that he had to play on days like yesterday on a regular basis at times and performed..

• GongJr and R.D. like this

#15 Shotty

Shotty

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

Some of those sacks last night were Dak's fault, he failed to step up into a clean pocket at times and help Chaz Green out. He's very used to Tyron Smith and Smith only gets beat inside now, not too often outside.

Poor coaching to get Green any help and poor play on Dak's part on stepping up at times to help out Chaz. Still not sure how this staff left Green out there like an island when it was obvious on the 1st drive he wasn't up to the task.

• GongJr, Howard C and TexasStadium33 like this

#16 heathgs

heathgs

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,583 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

QBs will always should the blame and success. Most of the time it wasn’t Romo fault the Cowboys lost. I think his problem were some fans always remembered the game he threw 4 or 5 INTs or threw an INT in the last minute of a game. There are many QBs who have done the same.

Dak isn’t the best passer from the pocket but he’s a good young QB especially for the price they’re paying. Kind of like the Seahawks got with Wilson before he got paid.

Both QBs are/were good enough to be on a SB team but they need running games and a defense. You can say that about almost all QBs. Very few can actually carry a team almost by themselves.

Here is my new philosophy... if you are a franchise QB you're expected to lead the team to victory.  If you're a game manager you're expected to not be the reason the team lost. 

I want Dak to have the expectation to lead the team to victory and if we're not comfortable putting those expectations on him then let's get a new QB in ASAP and not waste years.  I don't care if a franchise QB is "to blame" for a loss.  I want them to be a main reason the team won because more are put on their shoulders. 

#17 foofighters

foofighters

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Here is my new philosophy... if you are a franchise QB you're expected to lead the team to victory.  If you're a game manager you're expected to not be the reason the team lost. 

I want Dak to have the expectation to lead the team to victory and if we're not comfortable putting those expectations on him then let's get a new QB in ASAP and not waste years.  I don't care if a franchise QB is "to blame" for a loss.  I want them to be a main reason the team won because more are put on their shoulders. 

I get this and I do partially agree with it.  Dak is still only in his second year battling coaches who still lack the ability to over come when a defense starts to go after the QB.  We've seen this many times before with Romo.  Usually when a team starts to get pressure, there are things you do to counter.  We just seem to play as normal.  How many times did Romo (and Dak a few times) over come these busted plays all by himself?

#18 Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Grandpaw_G_Bundy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,760 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

So it was never the QB's fault?????

naw just give Dak perfect protection and the best running game and he will be throwing perfect football spirals just like wedone. 

A vital team characteristic is the ability to overcome adversity. Any team acquires experience and endurance as it learns to fight back. This in turn builds the kind of character which seldom crumbles at a time of crisis or testing.
Tom Landry

Tom_Landry

Garrett is the basketball coach leading the game with 29 seconds left in the game. He runs a play to score again instead of running the clock out. The opposing team gets the rebound and drives the court to win.
This is Garrett, but the excuse would be "well if he had scored we would have won."  smh.

________________________________________________________________________________________

rides2.gif

#19 Macksfield2

Macksfield2

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

I'm concerned that's next..."aikman got sacked 11 times by the eagles as a rookie "

#20 justdrop

justdrop

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

You could be the greatest QB ever to play the game, you're not gonna survive a coaching staff that refuses to adjust and an O-Line with stiffs like Green.

• hadenough likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users