#81 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,548 posts
  • LocationPJG Stealth Ops.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

I like you to bud but......ive said it from the start and im not or ever was a Romo lover....even though i believe Romo was a much better Passer then Dak will ever be......Dak Prescott still has alot to prove concerning if he is the real deal....so far all i see is a game manager out there...and without Zeke....his shortcomings are coming home.....BIG TIME....there will more Denver and Atlanta games in the future as Daks Arm cannot make the difference out there...sorry but it is wht it is....This week its Green....in Denver it was Collins.....when will we look at DAK????  

Speaking as a big fan of both Romo and Dak, I think you're being a little unfair. Romo had time to develop and fix the things wrong with his game and learned to improve his throwing mechanics, footwork, defense reading, etc over several seasons. This is Dak's second season. and he didn't have the benefit of learning from Bledsoe and Testaverde. He got one season to absorb what he could from Romo and Sanchez.  Romo also had the benefit of Parcells and Payton to start with. 

Dak has Garrett and Linehan to develop under. While Romo is indeed a better passer, he's had time to perfect the craft. Give Dak a few seasons before announcing that Dak will never be a good passer.  

If we don't hear about Dak busting his ass studying game tape, working on some part of his game in the off-season, and picking everyone's brain about the game, then we can start to worry a little.  Personally, I think he's going to be not only just fine, but a fine QB for this team for years to come.  He just didn't know how bad things could get when the coaches decide to go full retard. Now he knows.

• bosd, Ballhawk, KMY Amber and 1 other like this

#82 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,261 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Romo knew how good or bad his line was and play accordingly, there is not way anyone could have predicted one of the best lines in football would leak so bad on the blindside. Kind of like you getting up one day and decide to close your eyes and do everything you have done for two years with your eyes open.

Dak expected the professional play from 3 year veteran Chaz Green and veteran B. Bell, at least Romo had time to prepare for poor play and improvise to make up for the deficiencies. If Tyron can't play, expect to see Dallas go to basic formations with two TE's to provide help to the LT position, if not the Egglayers D will feast on Dak, possible put him out for the game or worst.

Tony Romo is gone, come back to reality.

You really think there was no way they knew Green was a huge drop off from Smith?
Okay, maybe they didn't realize he was as useful as that banner players run through at the start of a game, but they (including Dak) had to know that side of the line would be weakened considerably.
  • Zerofill likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#83 sittler

sittler

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts
  • LocationFar north of Dallas

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

You really think there was no way they knew Green was a huge drop off from Smith?
Okay, maybe they didn't realize he was as useful as that banner players run through at the start of a game, but they (including Dak) had to know that side of the line would be weakened considerably.

There is no way anyone saw this drop off.  You would never start that. 

#84 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,742 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

I know I enjoy watching that more...

Dak has got to get some accuracy... I can't stand hearing his stats people pull out, when they don't account for the fact that the pass was less then 10 friggin yards.

If he doesn't get some accuracy on longer throws, take some chances, and make teams have to respect his passing ability... we are toast for a long time again...

I actually don’t like the high risks throws as much. I’m more old school so I like running the ball and play action passes. I’m fine with short, high percentage passes. Not really a fan of turnovers even though they are going to happen to everyone.

I despised of the empty sets with Romo and I despise them more with Dak.
  • R.D. likes this

9tn384.jpg

#85 bosd

bosd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

Romo ever get sacked 8 times in one game..?  Just curious..... :ph34r:

Troy got lit up his 2nd season when playing the Iggles.  I hope history repeats itself.  

Kaneh-Bosm

Most reputable news agencies will get at least a 2nd confirmation before going with a story.  We should do the same and ask of the same.  However, when it comes to common knowledge, a simple google search will suffice. 

#86 KMY Amber

KMY Amber

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Speaking as a big fan of both Romo and Dak, I think you're being a little unfair. Romo had time to develop and fix the things wrong with his game and learned to improve his throwing mechanics, footwork, defense reading, etc over several seasons. This is Dak's second season. and he didn't have the benefit of learning from Bledsoe and Testaverde. He got one season to absorb what he could from Romo and Sanchez.  Romo also had the benefit of Parcells and Payton to start with. 

Dak has Garrett and Linehan to develop under. While Romo is indeed a better passer, he's had time to perfect the craft. Give Dak a few seasons before announcing that Dak will never be a good passer.  

If we don't hear about Dak busting his ass studying game tape, working on some part of his game in the off-season, and picking everyone's brain about the game, then we can start to worry a little.  Personally, I think he's going to be not only just fine, but a fine QB for this team for years to come.  He just didn't know how bad things could get when the coaches decide to go full retard. Now he knows.

100% agree, well said

#87 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Troy got lit up his 2nd season when playing the Iggles. I hope history repeats itself.

Why?

wOZF2v4.jpg

#88 Cookie Dough OD

Cookie Dough OD

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

Stop arguing we are all Booger fans.

8IcE9CL.jpg

#89 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Why?

I believe he’s basically saying he hopes after having struggles like that early in Troy’s career and then the team eventually becoming dominant, that the same thing happens now that Dak is the quarterback over the next several years

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

Let's follow Dak's advice.

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#90 Cookie Dough OD

Cookie Dough OD

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Shut up 927. We get the Romo love. Get some new material. Jeez. He hugged your boy. Who gives a crap? Nobody here does.

You are about as annoying as bacon man.

8IcE9CL.jpg

#91 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

Shut up 927. We get the Romo love. Get some new material. Jeez. He hugged your boy. Who gives a crap? Nobody here does.

Opinions vary. At least I’m sober enough to realize what thread I’m supposed to be posting in So I’ve got that going for me

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#92 tarheelcowboy

tarheelcowboy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

I feel you 927. Some bodies cookies are just burnt and crusty. 

• cowboyfan927 likes this
To Be The Man You Have To Beat The Man

#93 scrapz

scrapz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Not really.  He has been there practice left tackle probably since about September when Smith's back started hurting him again and practiced at a limited basis to be ready for the game.  He has been here for three years, they drafted him, and he has filled in as a starter last year when Smith went out for a few games and played well.  The thinking that he was going to be that bad was probably never a thought.  Sure, there would be a drop off there, after all, Smith is an 1st team all pro player, so with that being said there would be some digression there, but no where to that level.  Hence, why they probably stuck with him for so long and hoped that he would just get out of it, because its not like this is a new position for him.

#94 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Not really. He has been there practice left tackle probably since about September when Smith's back started hurting him again and practiced at a limited basis to be ready for the game. He has been here for three years, they drafted him, and he has filled in as a starter last year when Smith went out for a few games and played well. The thinking that he was going to be that bad was probably never a thought. Sure, there would be a drop off there, after all, Smith is an 1st team all pro player, so with that being said there would be some digression there, but no where to that level. Hence, why they probably stuck with him for so long and hoped that he would just get out of it, because its not like this is a new position for him.

Then I don't understand why he played so poorly.

Now I'm not saying they should have expected him to look like a bear skin rug, but they must've known enough to keep an eye on him, and prepare for the necessity to pull him or help him.

I believe he’s basically saying he hopes after having struggles like that early in Troy’s career and then the team eventually becoming dominant, that the same thing happens now that Dak is the quarterback over the next several years

Oh, I thought he was saying he hopes Dak gets beat to Hell. Lol

wOZF2v4.jpg

#95 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,278 posts
  • Locationlost

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

kiss my bacon

Flag.jpg

#96 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Wait, you and Gipper aren't the same person??? Heh heh heh. Sorry Gip, just kidding.

wOZF2v4.jpg

#97 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

Then I don't understand why he played so poorly.

Now I'm not saying they should have expected him to look like a bear skin rug, but they must've known enough to keep an eye on him, and prepare for the necessity to pull him or help him.
Oh, I thought he was saying he hopes Dak gets beat to Hell. Lol

The first time I read the post I thought the same thing and it surprised me because he’s been a pretty reliable Prescott supporter. After I read it a couple of times I figured out what he meant lol
  • Runwildboys likes this

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#98 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

The first time I read the post I thought the same thing and it surprised me because he’s been a pretty reliable Prescott supporter. After I read it a couple of times I figured out what he meant lol

That's why I simply asked "why?". I wouldn't have expected him to actually want Dak to get his ass kicked, but I thought maybe he meant that it would show the Romo haters what he'd dealt with much of his career.
  • cowboyfan927 likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#99 CB61

CB61

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

I don't know why any defensive end would have to watch tape of Chaz green all you have to do is basically run by him
He puts up no fight whatsoever
Or at least Sunday he didn't
Punch him in the chest once and run by him
I thought the Cowboys put a statue out there at one point he was so bad

#100 Zerofill

Zerofill

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

I don't know why any defensive end would have to watch tape of Chaz green all you have to do is basically run by him
He puts up no fight whatsoever
Or at least Sunday he didn't
Punch him in the chest once and run by him
I thought the Cowboys put a statue out there at one point he was so bad

He had to have been drunk... or hung over, cause you can't suck that bad, and even be in the NFL.

Romo made Dez...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users