27 replies to this topic

#21 Gregor__E

Gregor__E

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

1. Rod Hill 2. Bobby Carpenter 3. Shante Carver 4. David LeFleur 5. Quincy Carter

#22 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:54 PM

1. James Marten (drafted 67th overall in 2007 never played a game was cut after a year, Marshall Yanda went 20 picks later)

2. Felix Jones, 1 year later we paid MBIII $45m

3. The entire 2009 draft, we traded our 1st as part of the Roy Williams deal, in the 2nd round we wanted Unger but Seattle jumped up, we traded back, but if we stayed pat we could have had Andy Levitre, who the Bills took with pick we traded out of, or Vollmer.

4. Akwasi Awusu Ansah

5. David Arkin.

• atlantacowboy likes this

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#23 danny11

danny11

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Locationmt. rainier, md

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

1. Rod Hill 2. Bobby Carpenter 3. Shante Carver 4. David LeFleur 5. Quincy Carter

this.  as i read all the draft picks who are beholden to the era of recency, i think of these huge miscalculations at critical junctures in cowboys history.  rod hill helped to weaken a defense that, while prone to giving up lots of yards, was always creating turnovers (everson, michael, dennis, even ron fellows, etc) and always able to pressure the quarterback (harvey, randy, ed, jim, etc).  shante provided nothing, especially painful as charles could've have used a good wingman, and david had the spectre of jay over his shoulder; he was big, but not particularly talented.  and yes, bobby carpenter is the worst pick of the last 15 years.  i would switch out quincy, who was talented but troubled, with any one of these guys: billy cannon (84), bill roe (80), howard richards (81), or kavika pittman (96). oh yeah, and how could i forget dwayne goodrich.  yechhh.

like talking horror?  come hang out at

http://horrorforum.com

universal-monsters.jpg

#24 johnny23

johnny23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

Trading down and letting the Bucs take Derrick Brooks.

#25 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,822 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:46 AM

1. James Marten (drafted 67th overall in 2007 never played a game was cut after a year, Marshall Yanda went 20 picks later)
2. Felix Jones, 1 year later we paid MBIII $45m
3. The entire 2009 draft, we traded our 1st as part of the Roy Williams deal, in the 2nd round we wanted Unger but Seattle jumped up, we traded back, but if we stayed pat we could have had Andy Levitre, who the Bills took with pick we traded out of, or Vollmer.
4. Akwasi Awusu Ansah
5. David Arkin.

2. It was the same year. Which makes it even stupider. To pay an average RB top dollar w/ possibly the deepest RB draft ever staring us in the face was beyond dumb. Ray Rice,Ryan Torain, Tim Hightower, Darren McFadden, Lex Hilliard, Payton Hillis, Justin Forsett, and Steve Slaton had a couple good years and Choice was a nice backup for us and was easily worth the 5th.

The 09 draft was beyond assinine and to this day does not make sense. That's the day when I stopped believing in this org.
  • atlantacowboy likes this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#26 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,104 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

this.  as i read all the draft picks who are beholden to the era of recency, i think of these huge miscalculations at critical junctures in cowboys history.  rod hill helped to weaken a defense that, while prone to giving up lots of yards, was always creating turnovers (everson, michael, dennis, even ron fellows, etc) and always able to pressure the quarterback (harvey, randy, ed, jim, etc).  shante provided nothing, especially painful as charles could've have used a good wingman, and david had the spectre of jay over his shoulder; he was big, but not particularly talented.  and yes, bobby carpenter is the worst pick of the last 15 years.  i would switch out quincy, who was talented but troubled, with any one of these guys: billy cannon (84), bill roe (80), howard richards (81), or kavika pittman (96). oh yeah, and how could i forget dwayne goodrich.  yechhh.

I didn't intend this to be a worst pick in cowboy history thread. This thread was about the players you hated from the moment the card was read. For example, I hated Marty B, He was a good player for us but I hated spending the pick on a TE. Greg Ellis was a really good player for us but I never liked him b/c that pick should have been randy moss. Sure Bobby Carpenter sucked, but nobody was complaining the day he was drafted. He was a popular pick among the fan base the day he joined the cowboys.

#27 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 44,822 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:53 AM

I didn't intend this to be a worst pick in cowboy history thread. This thread was about the players you hated from the moment the card was read. For example, I hated Marty B, He was a good player for us but I hated spending the pick on a TE. Greg Ellis was a really good player for us but I never liked him b/c that pick should have been randy moss. Sure Bobby Carpenter sucked, but nobody was complaining the day he was drafted. He was a popular pick among the fan base the day he joined the cowboys.

Ah, gotcha!

I think everyone can guess mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#28 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

Every draft after Jimmy left, except Larry Allen. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. But to keep this on topic. Quincey Carter is my most hated pick and guy who played for the Cowboys. He sure broke hearts here after Jerry telling us how he would be great. Even though the drafts are better, I still spit on Jerry!
Some days I don't know if I am washing or hanging out. Yes, I am a Dak fan. I also was a Tony fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users