You are here

Photo

Postseason Injuries

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 krisallen90

krisallen90

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Since I'm seeing this team get into the playoffs, which players on IR, (Lee & Carter most importantly) would be able to return for the playoffs, if that is even possible... I'm not 100 % sure on the IR rules, just wondering if it would be possible if we get those players back for the playoffs?? If anyone knows the minimum recovery dates for these players please share, I just want to know the soonest we can get these guys back into the postseason, since we will then be making our "RUN!!!!"

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The fan that doesn't sleep after losses"

#2 couchcoach

couchcoach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,481 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Since I'm seeing this team get into the playoffs, which players on IR, (Lee & Carter most importantly) would be able to return for the playoffs, if that is even possible... I'm not 100 % sure on the IR rules, just wondering if it would be possible if we get those players back for the playoffs?? If anyone knows the minimum recovery dates for these players please share, I just want to know the soonest we can get these guys back into the postseason, since we will then be making our "RUN!!!!"

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that once they IR them, they are gone for that entire season, including postseason. That's why the Ravens didn't IR Ray the Knife.

#3 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I believe that once they IR them, they are gone for that entire season, including postseason. That's why the Ravens didn't IR Ray the Knife.

That is correct.

#4 Don

Don

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

lmao

WFKVUOB.gif

#5 krisallen90

krisallen90

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

That is correct.

I didn't think IR meant postseason INeligible.... I'm gonna try to do some more research, let me know if anyone knows off the top please!!

#6 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

The Ravens did IR Ray Lewis. But with the new rules you can designate one to return. Thats what they did with Lewis. Anyone else is done for the 2012-2013 season.

#7 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

The whole team will be getting a lot of rest while other teams are actually participating in the playoffs.

#8 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

The whole team will be getting a lot of rest while other teams are actually participating in the playoffs.

Cabo here they come?

#9 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Cabo here they come?

Some will go to Cabo, some will go to the mall and get the boot for being thugs with low-hanging pants.

#10 krisallen90

krisallen90

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

just gonna ask again, if anyone knows the IR rules on if and when players can come back, please share... also if anyone has inside updates on our injured players like S Lee and B Carter

#11 bornafan1981

bornafan1981

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

just gonna ask again, if anyone knows the IR rules on if and when players can come back, please share... also if anyone has inside updates on our injured players like S Lee and B Carter

Once a player is on IR they are out with 2 exceptions:
1. One IR player can return during the season (new this year.) Player had to be on opening day 53 man roster, and must miss 6 consecutive weeks, and activated by the 8th week.
2. Player is listed as IR w/Minor Injury. Once the player is healthy, they must be cut by their current team.

Theres no difference between preseason, regular season, and post season with the IR.

1185758_10153218013305183_108902971_n.jp

#12 krisallen90

krisallen90

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Once a player is on IR they are out with 2 exceptions:
1. One IR player can return during the season (new this year.) Player had to be on opening day 53 man roster, and must miss 6 consecutive weeks, and activated by the 8th week.
2. Player is listed as IR w/Minor Injury. Once the player is healthy, they must be cut by their current team.

Theres no difference between preseason, regular season, and post season with the IR.

thank u very much, good info, I though Beanie came back after week 10 though for the Cardinals... gave me a little sense of hope for Lee in the playoffs

#13 bornafan1981

bornafan1981

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

thank u very much, good info, I though Beanie came back after week 10 though for the Cardinals... gave me a little sense of hope for Lee in the playoffs

The player must miss 6 weeks (games,) and return by the 8th week (game.) Doesnt matter which week it starts, unless of course it's too late.

1185758_10153218013305183_108902971_n.jp

#14 kapikogolf

kapikogolf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only may Johnson is able to come off ir , you cant do it for all your ir

My Sig WAS better than yours. :( 

Now its back in the competition BzM6tpQCQAAGSD5.jpg

#15 scrapz

scrapz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Well they IR him but there is an exception to the rule, "Eligable to return". Which I don't believe any of the guys that they have put on IR had that tag. There is one guy that does have that tag and it is Matt Johnson, who I don't think is going to see the field this year at all.