On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Trade Jay Ratliff this offseason? Just a thought

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 ewills254

ewills254

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

He is getting up there in age and he has been hurt pretty much all this year. He has a big contract and we are low on cap space this coming offseason.

#2 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Might get a used puck bag for him.

srv37.jpg

#3 ewills254

ewills254

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

im thinkin at least a 2nd round pick

#4 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

im thinkin at least a 2nd round pick

LOL. He has an inflated contract and has too many injury concerns to be worth even close to a 2nd round pick. Even when he is on the field, he isnt what he once was. If im another team, and Dallas is shopping him, i wouldnt even touch him. He isnt worth it, even for a late round pick. The value isnt there. Its really not even close. Ratliff is a prime candidate for a pay cut, restructure, or simply being released.

rn_g_tyronsmith_ms_600.jpg

#5 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

LOL. He has an inflated contract and has too many injury concerns to be worth even close to a 2nd round pick. Even when he is on the field, he isnt what he once was. If im another team, and Dallas is shopping him, i wouldnt even touch him. He isnt worth it, even for a late round pick. The value isnt there. Its really not even close. Ratliff is a prime candidate for a pay cut, restructure, or simply being released.

I agree

#6 dccowboy4life

dccowboy4life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I agree with all you posted, except the 'being released' part. Sure maybe on another team but in Dallas, Ratliff is all we have at DT. Even injured he's the best with got...surely not the best offered but its what it has been. I would like to see a true NT drafted/signed this coming offseason. Brent is decent but I like to see 325lbs guy lined in the middle.
A Diehard COWBOYS fan, living in DEADSKIN land!

#7 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 26,818 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Ratliff hasn't been all that effective going on 3 seasons now. And everyone aside from a few Ratliff fans on here know it. Now, his effectiveness has been severely limited by being out of position and being sided by traffic cones.

At his age and w/ his injury issues, might get a 5th.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#8 Sonicxtacy02

Sonicxtacy02

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

He's too old too injured and too out of position to be traded for. What, are you going to trade picks for a 32 year old oft-injured player to play a position he's hasnt played since college?

#9 deathstar2222

deathstar2222

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

It sucks , I love ratliff :( playing NT was hard on his body.. Should have grabbed a NT & switched rat to DE a few years ago.

Dez_Mo_061213_650-2.jpg

Dunbar_090313_650.jpg

#10 DCFan15

DCFan15

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Lol, 2nd round pick. The only thing the Cowboys can get for him is a big Cap Penalty for releasing him. He is going to be 32, and now he is very injury prone. He is in the 1st year of his 7 Year 48.5Million dollar contract.

The simple fact is, the Cowboys need to go get a guy like Seattle NT Alan Branch or draft a kid like Bama NT Jesse Williams and move Ratliff to RE in the base 3-4. He is a terrific athlete for that position and would free up D-Ware more in the rushing department. Easy as Peasy.

#11 Sonicxtacy02

Sonicxtacy02

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Lol, 2nd round pick. The only thing the Cowboys can get for him is a big Cap Penalty for releasing him. He is going to be 32, and now he is very injury prone. He is in the 1st year of his 7 Year 48.5Million dollar contract.

The simple fact is, the Cowboys need to go get a guy like Seattle NT Alan Branch or draft a kid like Bama NT Jesse Williams and move Ratliff to RE in the base 3-4. He is a terrific athlete for that position and would free up D-Ware more in the rushing department. Easy as Peasy.

ugh... only thing worse than a 48 million dolllar nose tackle is a 48 million dollar 3-4 defensive end. That might have been the worst contract of em all.

#12 DCFan15

DCFan15

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

It's sad to say. The Cowboys have a tendency to re-sign their own when they are entering the end of their careers.

OG Leonard Davis
CB Terrance Newman
LT Flozell Adams
RT Marc Colombo
RB Marion Barber* - Just because of his running style

#13 SiCk_DiAbLo

SiCk_DiAbLo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Va

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

It seems the Cowboys did the Rat in...NT wasn't a good spot for him. believe everyone would agree on that...
Posted Image

#14 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 26,818 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

ugh... only thing worse than a 48 million dolllar nose tackle is a 48 million dollar 3-4 defensive end. That might have been the worst contract of em all.

If I'm going to pay 48 mil for a 3-4 DE, his name had better start w/ JJ and end w/ Watt.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#15 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

If I'm going to pay 48 mil for a 3-4 DE, his name had better start w/ JJ and end w/ Watt.

Yea. Ratliff just isnt worth his money. We could use that cap space for something else. I mean, i love the guy, but he is simply making way too much money right now for his production.

#16 TxBoyz88

TxBoyz88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's sad to say. The Cowboys have a tendency to re-sign their own when they are entering the end of their careers.

OG Leonard Davis
CB Terrance Newman
LT Flozell Adams

RT Marc Colombo

At the time, I was ALL FOR signing every one of Those guys I Loved Davis & Barber.... when they produced lol

Of course L.Davis will probably get a ring this year with tha 9ers

Irvin's MVP
Dez-Bryant-.jpg

88-Playmaker Jr.-88

2014 Mock Draft/s

1.Calvin Pryor FS/Louis Nix DT/Rashede Hageman DT

2.Stephon Tuitt DT/Trent Murphy DE

3.Dom EasleyDE/Cyril Richardson OG

4.Kareem Martin DE/Stanley J-Baptiste CB

5.Anthony Johnson DT/Aaron Lynch DE/Isiah Lewis SS

FB-Prosch/ Millard/ Copeland

#17 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

At the time, I was ALL FOR signing every one of Those guys I Loved Davis & Barber.... when they produced lol

Of course L.Davis will probably get a ring this year with tha 9ers

And good for him. Davis was good in his heyday. We gave him a lot of money and back loaded it, so it gave us issues with the cap. And when he was playing so bad in 2010, we had to cut him.

#18 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

OG Leonard Davis
CB Terrance Newman
LT Flozell Adams
RT Marc Colombo

One of Jones' biggest flaws and a significant factor as to why the cowboys are not a good football team. You can't be a fan of the players and GM.

srv37.jpg

#19 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

One of Jones' biggest flaws and a significant factor as to why the cowboys are not a good football team. You can't be a fan of the players and GM.

The problem with not resigning them, is that we dont draft well enough to replace them when they were FAs...

#20 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Somehow I think I missed that extension. He's actually on his 2nd year of that contract, but still. That is a horrible deal. 7-years for a guy on the wrong side of 30? That's why we always end up with dead cap space and then have no cap to sign anyone. He's not going to play out to the end of that contract.