On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

The Cowboys Are Who We Thought They Were

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#21 BallMagnetic

BallMagnetic

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Are you serious? Were you just born yesterday? This defense has guys who were on their couches just a few weeks ago. There's many injuries to key positions and even Ware couldn't finish the game today.

I have to shake my head at some of the crap that comes out of you guys.

So its good to lose as long as you have a good excuse and bad to complain because you had a good excuse

#22 SiCk_DiAbLo

SiCk_DiAbLo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Va

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Shame on us fans for falling for it again another long druggout way to end up 8-8 long druggout way to lose the game.

What should have we expected after last season? After the draft seeing Jerry Jones whiffed on the dline and oline and safeties with Garrett preparing throughout the offseason to do ONLY the same thing as he did last season.
After knowing how injury prone Miles Austin was and how awfully sorry Ogletree is only to bring them back to do better the same thing. What lunacy.

After going 3-5 who should we've thought the cowboys were
After losing our linebackers and all of the injuries what should we've thought?

With Garrett being super myopic with no imagination or creativety whatsoever and JJ inability to pick decent players with a mindset that all the gems are UDFAs and filling his roster with them, with Romo in his tenth season with a fraction of chemstry with wide receivers......what should have we expected?

With the cowboys present salary structure and the cap I don't see the cowboys getting better any time soon with these characteristics.
We have a uncreative coach so if we don't have talent we are screwed
We can't get talent because JJ sucks and likes filling the team with scrubs and lower round or undrafted players.

Your thoughts

This Team is injury prone....
Posted Image

#23 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,069 posts
  • Location714

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I predicted 6-10...so, no they are not.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#24 buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

NO EXCUSES dude...NO EXCUSES

NO REALITY dude... NO REALITY

"I'm troubled, but not to the extent that I want to do anything about it" - Jerry's philosophy as a GM.

#25 BallMagnetic

BallMagnetic

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I predicted 6-10...so, no they are not.

They are exceeding your expectations huh? I guess if the cowboys go 0-16 that is the same for you as them going 16-0 for us huh?

I bet you like upside down cake too huh?

#26 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

358aoow.jpg

2rnbl76.jpg

#27 Deuces88

Deuces88

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

For years we've been waiting for this team to show hear, fire, especially at the end of games. Well they have and you have to give garret credit for changing the culture of this team. Yes we lost today, but it took a forced fumble all out sprint to the ball for that to happen. This despite losing every defensive player imaginable. How we can sit here and criticize i have no clue

#28 BallMagnetic

BallMagnetic

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

The cowboys are too slow mentally and organizationally they need some enlightenment.

#29 BallMagnetic

BallMagnetic

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

For years we've been waiting for this team to show hear, fire, especially at the end of games. Well they have and you have to give garret credit for changing the culture of this team. Yes we lost today, but it took a forced fumble all out sprint to the ball for that to happen. This despite losing every defensive player imaginable. How we can sit here and criticize i have no clue

Losing is the key word

#30 The Fly

The Fly

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

My take is that many players are showing leadership. Romo, Witten, even Dez. Aside from these players, the whole team is playing with a lot of heart. But it is obvious that heart and character IS NOT ENOUGH to compensate for obvious lack of talent and overcome the massive amount of injuries. Except for Ware (who apparently is done for the year), Claiborne, Carr, and Senzy, the rest of the D are all backups, and even a few of the players are backups of the backups.
Romo has truely earned my respect. The man just keeps on fighthing.
Dez has come a long a way and seems that professionalism is finally sinking in.
Witten is a war horse

Yes, the team is who we thought they were....a team plagued with injuries and lacking talent on many fronts. And in all fairness, injuries and lack of talent are proving to be too much to overcome.

I still think that Garrett and a few other players need to go. This team is staying competetive at the end of the games because a handful of players have taken over the team. This is not Garrett working the magic. It's the players.

#31 endersdragon

endersdragon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

So by that logic any team that has lost this year, will do nothing in the playoffs? Ummm okay then.

#32 endersdragon

endersdragon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Losing is the key word

So by that logic any team that has lost this year, will do nothing in the playoffs? Ummm okay then. Didn't the Giants lose to the lowly Redskins (who qualified for the 6th pick before trading up to #2) week 16 last year. Yep, there season was totally over after that!

#33 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,069 posts
  • Location714

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

They are exceeding your expectations huh? I guess if the cowboys go 0-16 that is the same for you as them going 16-0 for us huh?

I bet you like upside down cake too huh?

Do you even understand what you write?

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#34 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

My take is that many players are showing leadership. Romo, Witten, even Dez. Aside from these players, the whole team is playing with a lot of heart. But it is obvious that heart and character IS NOT ENOUGH to compensate for obvious lack of talent and overcome the massive amount of injuries. Except for Ware (who apparently is done for the year), Claiborne, Carr, and Senzy, the rest of the D are all backups, and even a few of the players are backups of the backups.
Romo has truely earned my respect. The man just keeps on fighthing.
Dez has come a long a way and seems that professionalism is finally sinking in.
Witten is a war horse

Yes, the team is who we thought they were....a team plagued with injuries and lacking talent on many fronts. And in all fairness, injuries and lack of talent are proving to be too much to overcome.

I still think that Garrett and a few other players need to go. This team is staying competetive at the end of the games because a handful of players have taken over the team. This is not Garrett working the magic. It's the players.

I agree with you on this. I think Romo has finally matured into a very good QB and the running game has helped too, not the play calling. Just my opinion..

358aoow.jpg

2rnbl76.jpg

#35 dandy don 52

dandy don 52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

So its good to lose as long as you have a good excuse and bad to complain because you had a good excuse

Well said, what about JG calling a timeout at end of 1st half, and then not running out the clock when they had the ball, give it back to NO and then they get the fg! and then we lose by a fg.
Garrets game plan was to pass not run, and he had no recievers in the middle of the field, he never used beasley, and harris very little.
why is ogletree still starting??

Cowboys + Jason Garrett =  a poorly led team.

#36 Rustler55

Rustler55

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Shame on us fans for falling for it again another long druggout way to end up 8-8 long druggout way to lose the game.

What should have we expected after last season? After the draft seeing Jerry Jones whiffed on the dline and oline and safeties with Garrett preparing throughout the offseason to do ONLY the same thing as he did last season.
After knowing how injury prone Miles Austin was and how awfully sorry Ogletree is only to bring them back to do better the same thing. What lunacy.

After going 3-5 who should we've thought the cowboys were
After losing our linebackers and all of the injuries what should we've thought?

With Garrett being super myopic with no imagination or creativety whatsoever and JJ inability to pick decent players with a mindset that all the gems are UDFAs and filling his roster with them, with Romo in his tenth season with a fraction of chemstry with wide receivers......what should have we expected?

With the cowboys present salary structure and the cap I don't see the cowboys getting better any time soon with these characteristics.
We have a uncreative coach so if we don't have talent we are screwed
We can't get talent because JJ sucks and likes filling the team with scrubs and lower round or undrafted players.

Your thoughts

Thank you I could not have said this better myself........................................
ATTITUDE IS A REFLECTION OF LEADERSHIP......................................

#37 Rustler55

Rustler55

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Any fan that has been watching the Boys for more than 20 years can evaluate where this team is at by what we have seen in the past.

Most of the myopic fans that have been watching the team 10 years or so are content with a team that is average and having an owner that is so mentally incompentent about what it takes to build a team gets what we have here an average team that at times overachieves.
ATTITUDE IS A REFLECTION OF LEADERSHIP......................................

#38 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Any fan that has been watching the Boys for more than 20 years can evaluate where this team is at by what we have seen in the past.

Most of the myopic fans that have been watching the team 10 years or so are content with a team that is average and having an owner that is so mentally incompentent about what it takes to build a team gets what we have here an average team that at times overachieves.

Shhhh, you'll wake the......oh hell, you did it now. Good luck.

*psst....good post and absolutely 100% correct*

#39 NorthernCowboy

NorthernCowboy

Draftee

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Well as a fan who has been watching this team for well over 35 years..what i see is a team on the way up. Are we overachieving right now..maybe, but with all our injuries on defence what else would you call it? I can see the change in attitude and culture that Garrett has brought to this team. Our drafts the last few years are starting to bear some fruit (yes we still have some holes to fill on the O-line and D-Line) but if we can have another strong draft this year then i fully expect us to contend and make deep runs the next few years. Having said all that the Ravens are killing the Giants so it looks like we win next week we win the division..that would be quite the accomplishment considering all our injuries and where we were as a team 8 weeks ago. Anything can happen if you get into the tourney..Go Cowboys!

You want to see a team on the decline look at the Giants

#40 Toolow

Toolow

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

For years we've been waiting for this team to show hear, fire, especially at the end of games. Well they have and you have to give garret credit for changing the culture of this team.

Yeah, I've been as big a critic of Garret as there is, but I have to give him credit for the way the team has performed these last weeks. I never thought he should've gotten the HC job to begin with, but now I believe he should be given 1 more season. If they don't make the playoffs next year then I think it's safe to say that he was given more than enough time.